+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

living costs

hanihashim

Apr 26, 2007
Hi
Dear Friends I was wondering what is the living costs per month in Canada? I mean all costs (ranting apartment, food, midec, etc ). and is't easy to find a job for Web developers in J2EE? Thanks.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi hanihashim

The cost of living depends of what City are you looking for, for instance, big cities have their renting and housing costs higher than middle cities and so on.

Regards
Eduardo

maplecard

Apr 10, 2007
Even then, some idea would help. Say what if he lives in Ontario suburb & works in IT? What about a 2 bed room rent, grocery for a family of 3/4, conveyance etc? How much salary can one expect with say, 8 yrs of experience (5 years in USA)?

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
maplecard said:
Even then, some idea would help. Say what if he lives in Ontario suburb & works in IT? What about a 2 bed room rent, grocery for a family of 3/4, conveyance etc? How much salary can one expect with say, 8 yrs of experience (5 years in USA)?
Well…as other members have already wrote in other postings, if you want a country with a very large house(???) and more than two large cars (???) and a big bank account (???) for “retirement” please just don’t ask and go for the USA. Why did I wrote to many question marks???, it is just simple…everything is a credit thing… I mean, it is for life… it doesn’t matter how many possessions you have, it matters what do you really own plus the quality of life.

Now responding back to our friend hanihashim

Take a look on the following link
http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?PageID=FAQ&passed_lang=EN&faq_id=4000204

Cheers
Eduardo

NC

Mar 6, 2007
I am pretty sure that you can still afford a nice big house with two cars in Canada too. IT market is pretty hot in Canada especially around the Toronto (GTA). You could easily make around 95k to 105k Canadian Dollars if you are well qualified and get a job as a senior engineer or consultant. I have noticed that Canada is slighly different from the US, I have seen people putting a little more stress on your Communication skills etc.

If you make 95K to 105K in Canadian dollars, you can afford a car and a good home. Better than Paying $1300 to $1500 USD for a 2 bedroom apartment in Virginia or San Jose...

The point I am trying to make is it does not matter. There are several millionaries and Billionaires (rich people) in Canada too. It entirely depends on how smart you are.

My advice.. If you are planning or even exploring canada, do it with a open heart... Don't look for someone else to make the decision for you.. Everyone is different and you have to make your own decision based on your circumstances.

Thanks,
NC