+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers from India, applications processed at New Delhi

darkadder

Jun 19, 2013
Hey guys,

Need some advice on this.

Wife and I applied for the live-in caregiver program and found a nanny from India. The LMO was positive so we had her apply for her visa. The online application for the visa was submitted on April 22nd, 2013 to the New Delhi office in India. This is the response she received,

'Your application as a Live-in-Caregiver has been received in New Delhi visa office and is currently in the queue for review of applications in this category. If an interview is required, the date will be set in accordance with the place of the application in the queue for applicants in this category, based on the application received date. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]It is not anticipated that a review will take place for 42 months[/size][/size][/size].

Applicants are advised to refer to our website for updates on the most recent estimated processing times for applications in the Live-in-Caregiver category: {{{There's a dead link here}}}

With respect to the possible expiry of the Labour Market Opinion from Human Resources Skills Development Canada, the employer may submit a request to extend the validity of the offer of employment. Once the request is approved, the employer would ordinarily provide a copy to our office. Likewise, HRSDC will also undertake to advise us if a confirmation has been requested and approved.'

1. I can't see to find the '42' months mentioned above, anywhere. Checked the Indian site and the Canadian one. I don't see any logic in waiting for 42 months as our son will have grown up by then.

I was able to pull up the cached webpage, but it doens't exist any more. Rather, we are redirected to CIC.gc. ca.

Here's the cached link:
go to google,
search for 'Live-In Caregivers. India: 42 months'. Copy and paste the way you see it without the single quotes.
You'll see a result for canadainternational .gc .ca. Don't click on it!!!
While still on google, click on the drop down box at the end of the link that you just saw, and choose 'cached'.

Here are the processing times on cic. gc. ca.
Go to the Canadian site, then
Home > My application > Processing times
See Asia > India
Can someone tell me what is right please? What are the timelines for New Delhi? I sent them an email but did not receive a reply and that was a month ago.

2. The link that was provided in the confirmation letter doesn't exist.

3. The LMO is going to expire next month. So I'm assuming we will have to extend the validity of the offer letter. Does this mean we will have to apply for a new LMO too? Or just send HRDC a copy of the updated contract? What should the start date on the updated offer letter read considering it's going to be a 42 month wait?.

4. Since my wife and I are very concerned about our son being able to retain his roots, we are tying to bring my sister as a nanny, as she speaks the local language and has been the main helper since his birth. What are the chances of the work permit getting refused considering the relationship of the applicant? What can we do to correct or avoid a refusal?

5. Can we use this thread to note the timelines for 'live-in caregiver New-Delhi' ONLY?

Would greatly appreciate some information.

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
Hi,

Did you get any updated information on the 42 months wait?

I want to apply for my sister to come here under live-in caregiver programme. I have 2 kids - 7 months and 2 year old. I live in Edmonton.

Did you have any trouble getting LMO, is this a fairly simple process?

Thanks
Nitin

darkadder

Jun 19, 2013
Hi Nitin,

No reply recd from CIC India. Getting the LMO is very straightforward and takes about 2 months.

gemz

Oct 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 09-NS
AOR Received.
21 Oct 09-NS
File Transfer...
28 Oct 09,full docs submitted- 10 Dec 09
Med's Request
06 Jan 2010
Med's Done....
12 Jan 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06 Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
22 Jan 2010
LANDED..........
29 Mar 2010!!!!
Hi Darkadder,

Would appreciate some help on finding out how did your sister show proof of 6 months caregiver training programme or 1 year work experience... is there a college that offers caregiver training programme in India?

Did you show proof of English proficiency and Higher Secondary education for ur sis?

Thanks in advance!

:D

darkadder

Jun 19, 2013
No reply yet. Wife and I are starting to look for alternatives now. Very frustrating. I might have to take up basket weaving while at home.

My sister doens't have formal 'caregiver' training from an institute per se. I'm not aware if such training does exist in India. She has been working with a pre-school for about 2 yrs now and assists the class teacher with everything. She also helps prepare meals, care for the toddlers, bath them, clean them, and alot more (yes I know, it's pretty exhausting). She also got her training in first aid as required by the school administration. She is currently aiming to get into a Montessori school and might start formal training soon.

Yes, she did take the TOEFL (general) test...not the academic one. This is an added proof of English, although she has always attended schools where English is the medium of instruction. And yes, she showed her graduation certificates too.

Hope that was of help,

gemz

Oct 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Aug 09-NS
AOR Received.
21 Oct 09-NS
File Transfer...
28 Oct 09,full docs submitted- 10 Dec 09
Med's Request
06 Jan 2010
Med's Done....
12 Jan 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06 Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
22 Jan 2010
LANDED..........
29 Mar 2010!!!!
Thank you Darkadder! There seems to be a slow down in every application. Hope things will work out for you! ;D

info-trogen

Jan 10, 2014
Hello There DarkAdder !

This was the same situation which repeated with us. Thank you for sharing this, as I thought this happend only to us.
Were you able to contact the CIC in New Delhi and get in touch with someone?
What is the current status of your application? Were you able to get any updates on this?

Could you drop som einfo on this, would appreciate your time.

Thank you