+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in caregiver

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
Monalizy said:
You can't hire your relative as a caregiver, the visa will be denied and I know this cos a family friend did and was denied.she was called for interview and she lied but later told the officer the truth.
It's not correct. You can hire your relative if she/he has requirements for LIC. My friend hired his mother in low for his son (her grandson). Now she's working. Dont lie. May be it was the reason for denying.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it may depend on the visa officer. I have also heard about cases where a close relative was denied for the reason that they were a close relative. However, I have not seen anything about this on the CIC website. It could also be that they are more inclined to believe that close relatives may overstay because they already have family in Canada or they are not truly being hired as LIC's but using the program as a way to get PR.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
There had been cases where close relatives were hired as nanny/caregiver but upon arrival in Canada are released and allowed to look for other employer/s (their actual goal is to bring the worker here).

Leon said:
I think it may depend on the visa officer. I have also heard about cases where a close relative was denied for the reason that they were a close relative. However, I have not seen anything about this on the CIC website. It could also be that they are more inclined to believe that close relatives may overstay because they already have family in Canada or they are not truly being hired as LIC's but using the program as a way to get PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saw an article at some point about a country where loads of people were taking nanny courses to qualify for LIC. In many cases, they were men in a culture where men do not actually take care of children. They said that they are 'hired' by family members in Canada, do not actually have to work, just live with the family and collect their PR at the end. However, I can't remember which country that was.

sweetbebe

Aug 10, 2012
As far as i know thats not true.. but if u still have a doubt u can call the visa immigration or check on their website.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
europegirl said:
Hi honney,

It depends where country will you apply. Here in Norway, i submitted my application in London Visa Office. I didn't experience any problem though, it prolongs the processing because of lack of supporting documents. The time frame is only 8-10 weeks accourding to CIC London website.

Interview is allbout my duties and responsibilities in my current work, about my employer and they want to hear my english when talking. :) less than 5 minutes

I found my employer through aupair website, i just make a lot of profiles then the employer contacted me through email.

I hope this helps
Thanks a lot for your reply europegirl!

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
hello! is it true that incoming live-in caregivers from other country are no longer qualified to apply for PR after 24months?

SF

Sep 23, 2012
Hi there I submitted the application for my caregiver to Philippines. These are the following timeline :

March 2011- Release of Positive LMO
Feb 22,2012 - Speak Test
March 9,2012 - Medical Test
March 12, 2012 - Notarized Letter from Canada
March 13,2012 - Application submitted

I sponsor a caregiver for my mom, i email the Philippine immigration with change address and try to process my application but no REPLY. I really need my caregiver since my mom is very very old and she just fell from the stairs. I don't know why the processing takes forever in Philippines. I'm so worried with my mom and have to stay most of my time at home (instead of my caregiver). I tried calling the CIC for this but the line is so busy. The delay of my caregiver affects alot in my life and my mom.... I hope there will be someone who can help me reach out the immigration by giving me a phone number in Philippines. I don't know what to expect now. Please help me. Thank you so much.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can always hire a caregiver for your Mom while waiting for the processing of your caregiver from the Philippines. Processing time in the Philippines is currently 12 months (WOW, that is fast :) ), but your caregiver sent her application only in March. Hmmmm why are the medicals and SPEAK test ahead of the application package?

SF said:
Hi there I submitted the application for my caregiver to Philippines. These are the following timeline :

March 2011- Release of Positive LMO
Feb 22,2012 - Speak Test
March 9,2012 - Medical Test
March 12, 2012 - Notarized Letter from Canada
March 13,2012 - Application submitted

I sponsor a caregiver for my mom, i email the Philippine immigration with change address and try to process my application but no REPLY. I really need my caregiver since my mom is very very old and she just fell from the stairs. I don't know why the processing takes forever in Philippines. I'm so worried with my mom and have to stay most of my time at home (instead of my caregiver). I tried calling the CIC for this but the line is so busy. The delay of my caregiver affects alot in my life and my mom.... I hope there will be someone who can help me reach out the immigration by giving me a phone number in Philippines. I don't know what to expect now. Please help me. Thank you so much.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We live with my parents and a 17 year old brother. I am about to apply for LMO to hire a LIC but was told not to include that I live with my parents because immigration might question the need for a LIC since my parents are there but I don't want to lie. What do you guys think? Thanks in advanced for your reply.