+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver

Miniljb

Apr 20, 2014
Hello
I currently have a live in caregiver who's visa expires in August and her work permit expires in September. We would like to extend her contract and had the process started to renew her visa and permit (she travels home to the philapenes once a year). She was told by a friend not to renew her visa yet but doesn't she need a valid visa to renew her permit?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
She only needs visa when she travels outside of Canada and intends to come back. So no, you don't need a valid visa for renewal of permit.

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To renew her work permit, she need only "Renewal of work contract" signed by employer and mail to CIC Vegreville, Alberta. If she intended to visit her country, she need to apply TRV or re-entry visa to CIC Ottawa together with her approved work permit.

benique

Apr 22, 2014
Live-in caregiver from Europe

Hi all!

I'm applying for a working visa under the live-in caregiver program.
That's still in process since September 2013.

I was on an interview a few days ago, so I'd like to ask you guys about your experiences and your opinion.

(I applyed with an experience letter of one year as a nanny, without qualification.)

So the officer required the insurance salary (showing the employer) of the one year experience as an additional proof.
I couldn't take it, because I was a college student in that time, so it was paid by my college.

Well, the interview went great, but the lady said that's not so good, that I don't have this proof.

My question is that, do you guys think that the officers will give me the visa only with the reference letter?

Thank you!