+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver-waiting for PR wants to go home (phils)

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Hi there!! It made me feel so good to find this site Just wanna ask.. Im a live in caregiver, finished the 24 months, submitted the papers last aug 2010. CIC said the processing for Open permit will take 10-11 months or at the most 12 months..

1. If ill recieve my Open permit on Aug this year (2011) can I go home on Dec?
2. With only open permit on my hand, if i come back here from phils, do immigration needs a letter
from employer stating that you have work??
3. I want to quit my job as soon as i get my open permit my problem is do i need to show a leetr from employment before i enter canada?
4. What if i am in the phils & the immigration send me a letter for interview for PR, what will i do?? will they consider to do the interview after i come back??

Pls enlighten me!

thanks!

marshmallow

Star Member
Nov 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 (April 26, 2010) : LC2 (March 07, 2011)
AOR Received.
LC2 : April 06, 2011 (letter date: March 24, 2011)
Med's Request
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
12-12-2012
Interview........
05-06-2013 (LC1)
Passport Req..
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-08-2013
any one????????

thanks!!!!!!! :)

shangi

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"You have the same situation with my friend. Actually, she already had her OWP last year of March and now waiting for her landing. After she got her OWP she applied in Day Care and luckily she was accepted. She asked permission from her employer about taking a vacation this April and fortunately, she was allowed for a month. All she need is a "letter from her employer allowing her for a vacation and will resume her work when she comes back" and of course her OWP." Oh and if ever she will be requested to appear for a PR interview while in the Phils., she said she's going to rebook her ticket and come back ASAP.
NOW MY ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:

1. If ill recieve my Open permit on Aug this year (2011) can I go home on Dec? - YES YOU CAN PROVIDED YOU HAVE A LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER
2. With only open permit on my hand, if i come back here from phils, do immigration needs a letter
from employer stating that you have work?? - DEFINITELY, OTHERWISE YOU'LL GET PROBLEMS IN COMING BACK
3. I want to quit my job as soon as i get my open permit my problem is do i need to show a leetr from employment before i enter canada? - YES, YOU MUST BE LUCKY IF YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER WORK RIGHT AFTER GETTING YOUR OWP AND EVEN LUCKIER IF YOUR NEW EMPLOYER PERMITS YOU TO HAVE A VACATION CONSIDERING THE SHORT PERIOD THAT YOU'RE IN TO THE NEW JOB. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TAKE A VACATION THEN BETTER QUIT WITH YOUR JOB AS A CAREGIVER AFTER YOUR VACATION. OWP & LETTER FROM EMPLOYER ARE YOUR TICKETS TO RE-ENTER CANADA.
4. What if i am in the phils & the immigration send me a letter for interview for PR, what will i do?? will they consider to do the interview after i
come back?? - THAT'S GONNA BE A BIG PROBLEM! I DON'T THINK THE IMMIGRATION WILL GIVE ANY CONSIDERATION SINCE THEY ADVISED THE APPLICANTS THE POSSIBLE OUTCOME IN DOING SO.

Think many times before you decide..! ;) God bless!!

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Shangi! Thank you for the help! I appreciate it a lot! ;)