+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver Visa denied

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Hello,

I just got back from the VAC here in Mexico City with a denied visa!

It says that I do not meet all the requirement for the program. it explains that I don't have a completion of six months of full time training in a field or occupation related to the employment nor one year of full time paid employment in a related area.

I don't understand at all, I have that! I have a three year full time study at the National Univeristy as an English teacher and more than one year paid employment as an English teacher for preeschoolers. I sumbmitted all of that,

The only thing that comes to my mind is that maybe they don't see it as something related to what I'm going to do but I am going to be like a teacher for the kids with homeschool and Spanish lessons, I don't know what to do!

Should I reapply and explain to them about homeschool and Spanish lessons.

Thanks

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
No, just as an english teacher for kids and teenagers, the kids that I'll be taking care of are homeschooled and need to learn Spanish and that is what I will be doing.

Thanks once again

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
From reading your previous post, I think part of the problem may be the ages of the children when compared to your experience. You wrote before the children were 12 and 9, but your experience is with preschool child. The education requirements in Canada for early childhood and primary/secondary school is very different - so different, in fact, that they require different training in school. That would mean your experience isn't relevant to the job you applied for.

That's just my thoughts.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
OMG I JUST GOT THE EXACT SAME ANSWER THAN YOU DID!! it is the same situation i am living and i am also applying from Mexico!!
I worked as an english teacher during a year and i also worked as a nanny for 6 months in the US. I am reapplying on monday but now sending recommendation letters from my employers... is there anyway we could chat by like skype or something?? I seriously need some moral support from someone who's living the same situation.

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Thank you for your replies!

I'd love to contact you but I"m new here I don't know how!

I will reapply again next week, the family is writing me a letter explaining about my experience and that this is a different situations the kids are home schooled and are older, I am also getting a new letter form my university more detailed with all the subjects I took and another letter from my employment detailed.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
I can give you my skype name so we can chat... I am applying too next week, now i will provide letters from my past/current employers
and i also will attatch a cover letter explaining the visa officer that I do have the experience but that i gave priority to my teacher job cuz i thought that was enough proof... do you think it will make a difference if we apply again?? i'd be so scared to get a refusal again :(

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
I don't have the microphone on!

On my profile you can see my email address, send me an email or something, I checked your and it doesn't appear!

I will reapply next week!

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Here is my email address ivoncams@hotmail.com

I've been trying to contact you but no luck.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
i already sent you an email.

victoria2013

Apr 6, 2013
If you apply again you may consider getting your teaching credentials assessed in Canada first and then submitting the credential assessment along with the other supporting documentation. For example, in British Columbia, the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) does the credential evaluations that CIC generally accepts. They charge $125.00 for a basic report which takes approximately one month to be completed, and if you want to expedite it they usually tell you that they can deliver it within 7 days and the cost doubles. ICES is highly regarded by Immigration as far as I know. They will not say whether you meet the six month training minimum but they will assess whether the number of years that you completed in training as a teacher are equivalent to post secondary studies in Canada or something to that effect. They can do more detailed reports if you wish but you will need to contact them directly about it.

Make sure that you submit ALL the information and proof that you feel will assist in demonstrating that you meet the requirements. Don't be shy about showing off how qualified you are! Good luck!

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Thank you for your reply.

Just one more question, I am reapplying next week. Can I use the same LMO and Employment Contract that I used in my previous application?