+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver unusual case

rchel72

Dec 7, 2012
Hi I wonder if anybody has a similar case.
My sister applied for LIC back in Oct. Imgoing to be her employer in Canada for my 3 kids, my salary is more than enough and we got the LMO .
The unusual case is not just because I will be her employer and I don't know if this will be a problem with CIC, she has a son and we did send his application with hers and I send all the documents requiere to sponsor him for a student visa. The embassy requested a month after we sent the applications for me to get a letter of approval from his future school here in canada wich I did and sent back to them.
last week they requested the medical exam but just for my sister, they didn't send any form for my nephew. We tried and call the CIC in my country and can never get anybody on the phone.
Does anybody has a similar case. or does anybody knows if a kid needs a medical exam when is the accompany child of a temporary worker?
Thank you.

FLYINGME

Dec 8, 2012
hi,i am sure their will be no problem for u to be the employer of your sister,as long as u ,and your sister qualified.becoz i saw so many these case.
but,with your nephew,if he s applying a student visa,and u tried to sponsor him as not a Immediate family,maybe its hard for him to get a visa. And as i know,receiving a medical exam does not mean u already get the visa until u get it.
no matter how old or what purpose u going to ca (if staying more than 6 mons),they usualy will need a medical exam.
god bless u anyway.

rchel72

Dec 7, 2012
Thank you, well they sent a request for his medical exam 1 week after my sister, now we are waiting and see what happens next.

rchel72

Dec 7, 2012
For ying888
I was not able to send u a message so I have to respond here
They applied in Venezuela
And I'm sponsoring my nephew and I did show proof of income and sponsorship letter where I
Will be responsible fort nephew ( travel expensive and tuition and living expensive)
I do hope it works and they get the visas
Another problem they gavel sister 10 days to complete medical exam
And she go it done but after tomorrow the drs that do this exam in Venezuela
Will be off for the season and my nephew will have to wait to get his in jan.
Did u employer offered to sponsor your kids?

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for the quick response rchel, yes, everytime my employer did provide the financial proof for sponsoring my daughter, but the first time got a refusal in June, the visa officer said they wouldn't consider the sponsorship from relatives, friends or employers, only basically on applicant's situation. Because the future school would not ask tuition fee , so I myself didn't and couldn't provide the big amount of tuition fee like a international student. I just explained that, and submited in October for the second time.
My employer let me come back home country for bring my daughter to Canada, but more than two months since I submited the application, I am still waiting, very nervous now.

In my experience, if they ask the medical exam after process, if no medical problems, usually they would issue the visa.
Just follow their requirements, and then your sister and your nephew will get the visas soon or later.

Did your nephew's future school ask to pay the tuition fee?

rchel72

Dec 7, 2012
Hi, no my nephew future school (Jr. high) gave me a letter of acceptance for him, since is just 9th grade the tuition fees are not high. I don't undestand why they denied your application if your employer will sponsor your kids? do you think is for the financial part of it? and is one or 2 kids? will they live with you in your employer's house? is there any way that a kid could apply for tourist visa and change status to student here in Canada?
Thank you for your reply. ;D

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
rchel72 said:
Hi, no my nephew future school (Jr. high) gave me a letter of acceptance for him, since is just 9th grade the tuition fees are not high. I don't undestand why they denied your application if your employer will sponsor your kids? do you think is for the financial part of it? and is one or 2 kids? will they live with you in your employer's house? is there any way that a kid could apply for tourist visa and change status to student here in Canada?
Thank you for your reply. ;D
Thank you rchel for the reply, my employer provided their private financial information and financial support that stated they would like to provide free room and board for my daughter, and if any other fee my daughter might need, they would like to pay for her. and the future school didn't ask tuition fee.
Don't know the real reason they denied my daughter's application.
You said the tuition fees are not high, what did you mean? Did you pay any to school for your nephew?
Thank you very much

rchel72

Dec 7, 2012
Hi
No I didn't have to pay tuition fee yet
Waiting for visa first
I hope u kid gets the visa
I heard so many stories dome with same circumstances and
Some get approve and some don't
You never know with this immigration stuff
What country are u from?