+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
richmondhill said:
oh i see. i also came from middle east (riyadh, saudi arabia) as i remember when i send my application for working permit, it's all photocopy. even the police clearance that i got from saudi, i just photocopy it and i enclose the copy together with all the requirements.

wsongco was right. check the link that she/he post. because it's also depends on the country where you at.
hi....il be applying for lcp by feb.....and im from juibail,ksa.....regarding the saudi police clearance, did u have it translated to english before submitting it to cic or no need or it to be translated?...thank u so much......//

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saba alkher!

Yes you need to translate all the documents that you have in english.
And if am not mistaken, when i apply as a LC before i remember it was clearly mintioned in the checklist that any documents not in english or french must be accompanied by a certified english or french translation.

I found some link for you. It might help you to gather all the requirements that you need.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/saudi_arabia-arabie_saoudite/assets/pdfs/visas/54_3_eng.pdf

Good luck and god bless to all of us.

Salam!

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
richmondhill said:
I got my OWP today. God is really good.

God bless us all.
Congratulations, I am happy for you:)

Can not wait for the moment, when I will see mine.

They received my application 8 days later than yours, so hopefully I will get it soon too.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:

They received my application 8 days later than yours, so hopefully I will get it soon too.
When did they received your application? Did you receive the confirmation to CIC yet?

susanne

Jan 15, 2013
Hi. I also sent my application last aug 2012. But i received the acknowledgement and the receipt just this month. The letter was dated dec 7, 2012. I just want to ask where can i take take my speak test? Thanks

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
wins26 said:
When did they received your application? Did you receive the confirmation to CIC yet?
They received my application on October 23rd. CiC sent me the confirmation letter on December 21st. What about you?

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:

Hi miska,

Thank you. Why don't you try to call them? Because me I called them yesterday, they told me that my OWP was approved on january 8 this year. And then last night when my employer came home he got a letter for me from C.I.C.

God bless us all and good luck.

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susanne said:
Hi. I also sent my application last aug 2012. But i received the acknowledgement and the receipt just this month. The letter was dated dec 7, 2012. I just want to ask where can i take take my speak test? Thanks
Hi susanne,

Just want to ask! Did you receive your OWP? And may I ask you also about the speak test, what is that for?

Thank you.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:
They received my application on October 23rd. CiC sent me the confirmation letter on December 21st. What about you?
I see, richmondhill was right, try to call the CIC or the automated, if the automated said you application was received when the date that your PR/OWP application received by cic means you have your open already but if still the last time that you sent your WP application means no open yet :( but yeah try to call the cic.

Cic received mine on nov 16th 2012 then i received a confirmation on january 10th 2013, still no news yet of course lol

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
richmondhill said:
Hi miska,

Thank you. Why don't you try to call them? Because me I called them yesterday, they told me that my OWP was approved on january 8 this year. And then last night when my employer came home he got a letter for me from C.I.C.

God bless us all and good luck.
Hello,

I call CIC quite often:) I called them today again and I was told that my application is still in process and I can try and call again in upcoming week. So I will do it on Monday. I am loosing my patience though.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
wins26 said:
I see, richmondhill was right, try to call the CIC or the automated, if the automated said you application was received when the date that your PR/OWP application received by cic means you have your open already but if still the last time that you sent your WP application means no open yet :( but yeah try to call the cic.

Cic received mine on nov 16th 2012 then i received a confirmation on january 10th 2013, still no news yet of course lol
Hi Wins26,

We have to pray and believe that we will get it soon. I called CIC, they still did not issue my OWP. Will call them next Monday again. I am glad I found this website. It is nice and helpful to share timelines.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:
Hi Wins26,

We have to pray and believe that we will get it soon. I called CIC, they still did not issue my OWP. Will call them next Monday again. I am glad I found this website. It is nice and helpful to share timelines.
If you did not get yours yet, goodluck for the nov applicant. Actually there is lots of october applicants that doesnt have the open work permit yet. Probably the agent was right that it will take 4 to 5 months now? Hopefully not :( anyway lets see for your 3 months for your papers, so yeah probably next week you will have a good news ;) goodluck for us and Godbless

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
wins26 said:
If you did not get yours yet, goodluck for the nov applicant. Actually there is lots of october applicants that doesnt have the open work permit yet. Probably the agent was right that it will take 4 to 5 months now? Hopefully not :( anyway lets see for your 3 months for your papers, so yeah probably next week you will have a good news ;) goodluck for us and Godbless
If I have any news, I will write it here for sure. I really hope, it will not take 4 or 5 months.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:
If I have any news, I will write it here for sure. I really hope, it will not take 4 or 5 months.
I have friend of mine that passed his application on Oct 15 and CIC received it Oct 19, he received the comfirmation on Dec 16, now his OWP got approved yesterday so you are next in line :)