+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver LC2 New Delhi share your journey.......

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
AnuKamal said:
Hi Guys I have a question if anyone can help me out in that. I am planning to visit india in Dec.2014 & return in Feb. mid 2015 , and my indian passport & canadian visa is valid till july 2015. I wanted to know if I come back in feb 2015 can there be any problem with my passport validity ? (is there any rule of 6 month passport validity for international travel?) Can i be denied entry to Canada ?
hi Anu,

Yes, they do consider the time frame for pp. since ur pp is expiring in July and still u will have 5 months so, there shouldn't be any issue. But again u never know New Delhi immigration.But at the same time you should take a stand if they create any issue. I would say every body should be ready to fight with them if they try to make an issue out of nothing. All they want is bribe.

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
dipkaur said:
Hi frnds,
How you attested your marriage certificate from patalia house New Dehli?
mean what I hv to do ?
do i need to send my original marriage certificate to New Dehli ?
or Is my hus can apply on behalf of me ?
Thank you !!
Hi dipkaur,

If you are renewing your pp then they will ask for marriage certificate to be attested by patiala house New Delhi. I did the same thing too. however my husband got it done and it took ( i think) a week. and yes, he sent the original certificate. and I submitted all original documents and got them back when they issued me new pp.

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hi Rommie,

if you are asking about the processing time for spouse application then yes. They will take near about 15 months. But how true it is ...only God knows. They are processing spouse sponsorship apps in 7-8 months. but again some applicants are getting in 4-5 months if you check their thread. I donot understand why they are considering application in same category. why not phillipinos.
Its been 7 months since my family got their medicals done still no news. And my lc2's e-cas even not activated yet. I was hoping that they will start after september 18. But guess what... NOTHING happened .. :'( :'( :'(

Rommie

Star Member
Jun 30, 2014
???
I know kannu,phillipina applicants are getting their pr faster than us, I read in their thread that their MP told that the quota that they fix to gv pr this year is now full ....
Don't know what's going on
God plzZZ help us

AnuKamal

Jul 12, 2014
kannu1235 said:
hi Anu,

Yes, they do consider the time frame for pp. since ur pp is expiring in July and still u will have 5 months so, there shouldn't be any issue. But again u never know New Delhi immigration.But at the same time you should take a stand if they create any issue. I would say every body should be ready to fight with them if they try to make an issue out of nothing. All they want is bribe.
Hi Kannu

I applied for my passport renewal last week to be on safe side, as m planning to visit India this year end and stay there for a while. Even I got reply from Delhi office today for my inquiry sent in July 2014, very dicey reply they say they are busy for next 6 months and they have to complete their annual targets too and are short of staff. they say your application is still under initial review and will proceed once we get a reply from Canada office. I wonder dt delhi & Canada office don't have coordination vd each other?

AnuKamal

Jul 12, 2014
Hi Guys

I have a question , My open work permit will expire in 1st week of july 2015, so is it advice able to apply for open work permit extension by ds year end once I get my new passport ?

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
AnuKamal said:
Hi Guys

I have a question , My open work permit will expire in 1st week of july 2015, so is it advice able to apply for open work permit extension by ds year end once I get my new passport ?

Hi Anu,
I am not 100% sure about this (best person to ask is CIC agent) however, it should be good when you return to Canada as, you would still have 4 months prior to expiration of your wp. and your permanent app is also in progress with CIC. so shouldn't be any issue. But check with CIC to know the time frame. on top of that, it depends when you get your pp and then you gonna apply for the extension. All they ask is 30 days before your wp expires.

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
sukhdipk said:
Hi dipkaur
They said me the same thing but I didn't do anything like that.my marriage certificate is also issued from local registrar.so what I did I got adhar card ration card photo copy from my husband and submitted that to the office here
hi sukhdip
Sorry i didnot get it ..what do u mean? submit adhar card and ration card copy of my husband or mine
?
we recently married we donot hv ration card with eachother name on it ..
And on our adhar card we r single ...
can you help on it ..i m confuse ..he ll do his from india no problem with that ..
worried about mine
Thank you !!

sukhdipk

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Hi dipkaur
If you r recently married then you want be able to provide these documents.I got married in 2012.so my husband included my name in ration card.even in 2013 I went to India that time adhar were being made so got a chance to make mine.it mentions my husband and my name and our address and relationship.it can be used as identity card.so it should be your but showing your relationship with your husband.Indian embassy in Canada accepts that adhar card.

AnuKamal

Jul 12, 2014
kannu1235 said:
AnuKamal said:
Hi Guys

Hi Anu,
I am not 100% sure about this (best person to ask is CIC agent) however, it should be good when you return to Canada as, you would still have 4 months prior to expiration of your wp. and your permanent app is also in progress with CIC. so shouldn't be any issue. But check with CIC to know the time frame. on top of that, it depends when you get your pp and then you gonna apply for the extension. All they ask is 30 days before your wp expires.
Thanks Kannu, will check with cic agent too

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hello,

sorry, I couldn't reply immediately to any of the posts as my computer is screwed up. Whenever it feels ok it starts otherwise nothing. well, waiting for Christmas sales to buy new one.

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hi dipkaur,

If you are still wondering about your marriage certificate attestation, here is the procedure. Firstly, you should get it attest from your local court. Then go to Chandigarh and get it attested from Secretariate. Then there is an agency in Chandigarh who do the services for Patiala House New Delhi. Contact them to get your docs attested from PH New Delhi

Note: all docs should be original. they won't do copies.

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
kannu1235 said:
Hi dipkaur,

If you are still wondering about your marriage certificate attestation, here is the procedure. Firstly, you should get it attest from your local court. Then go to Chandigarh and get it attested from Secretariate. Then there is an agency in Chandigarh who do the services for Patiala House New Delhi. Contact them to get your docs attested from PH New Delhi

Note: all docs should be original. they won't do copies.
hi kannu,
Thank you for reply !! I ll try do this way ..