+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in Caregiver going to USA with employer needs to apply a US visa???

spare

Oct 1, 2011
Hi

Can anybody help me if do i need to apply a US visa going to US? Im a live in caregiver here in Canada and my employer wants me to go with them in the US for their 2 weeks vacation. Have this confusion because im not having my vacation in US, instead im still gonna work with them. So maybe a US visa is not applicable if ur being paid as your regular working days. It's a different scenario if you will just go there as a tourist spending your vacation.

Thank you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need a B1/B2 visa. Have you been working for your employer for a year? You'd be working but not for a US employer but a Canadian employer and you will be paid in Canada.

spare said:
Hi

Can anybody help me if do i need to apply a US visa going to US? Im a live in caregiver here in Canada and my employer wants me to go with them in the US for their 2 weeks vacation. Have this confusion because im not having my vacation in US, instead im still gonna work with them. So maybe a US visa is not applicable if ur being paid as your regular working days. It's a different scenario if you will just go there as a tourist spending your vacation.

Thank you.

spare

Oct 1, 2011
Im gonna be 1 year this may with my Canadian employer.. Where can i take that B1/B2 visa.? What site please..? tnx..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You apply at any US embassy or consulate. You need to set up an appointment though. Which Canadian province are you in?

spare said:
Im gonna be 1 year this may with my Canadian employer.. Where can i take that B1/B2 visa.? What site please..? tnx..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Click on the link/s and read on. It may help if you apply for the US visa when you have been working with your employer in Canada for at least a year.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/consulates/calgary.html#visas

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_before_you_apply

spare said:
Im in Alberta..thankz

Macghem

Apr 18, 2013
hi i just want to ask if i can apply u.s visa even if im working here in canada for less than a year? thanks