+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver going on vacation

plshelpme

Jan 18, 2015
Hi please help. I am under the live in caregiver program. Can I go on vacation for a month to my home country (Philippines) even if I am only 8 months as a caregiver here in Canada? I'm planning to have my vacation next month. thanks for the help!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
hi,
im also under the live in caregiver program, this is just my 4th month here in canada and my employer allowed me to go for a 1month vacation this april.based on what ive read from cic website and other forums, we are allowed to go for a vacation as long as we have a valid work permit, a valid multiple entry visa, and a valid passport. if u will take a vacation longer than what is stated in the contract, like in my case, my employer should provide a letter informing that she allowed me for that extended vacation and she needs me back. i think the immigration officer will ask this once we reenter canada.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
welcome.. i just called cic just to make sure there wont be any problem when we reenter canada. and they said the same thing, it is my right to have a break as long as i have a valid work permit and visa. so thats it.time to book a flight. ;D

plshelpme

Jan 18, 2015
That's great! :) Now, i'm getting more excited to go home! Thanks a lot for making things clear. Now I can re-enter Canada with no worries :)

samantha1230

Aug 28, 2014
Hi im also planing on cacation this may. Im already here in canada last june but recently i change employer. Do you think ill be okay in the immigration if i went for vacation even im just 2 months in my new employer? My employer allowed me to go home.

plshelpme

Jan 18, 2015
I believe so. I also called CIC to further clarify things re:going home for a vacation and the offiicer said as long as I have valid work permit and visa I can always come back. It's all between me and my employer

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
hi newbie, may be by now you're already back in Canada. did you ever report to the Canadian embassy here in the Philippines during your stay here? because one relative informed me that I have to, but I think I don't have to since I have with me the documents needed for my reentry.