+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live in caregiver from hongkong june 2014 waiting visa

jeniiiper15

Mar 3, 2015
hi all. does anyone here has the same situation as mine? i've passed my passport at VAC and ive been waiting for over 3 weeks now and still haven't got any update since then. im really started to.get worried cos most of the applicants from my agency they got their approval letter and passport after a week. i'm starting to think that something is wrong with my papers. :(

Ana Villanueva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ontario Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
jeniiiper15 said:
hi all. does anyone here has the same situation as mine? i've passed my passport at VAC and ive been waiting for over 3 weeks now and still haven't got any update since then. im really started to.get worried cos most of the applicants from my agency they got their approval letter and passport after a week. i'm starting to think that something is wrong with my papers. :(
hi jeniiiper15 did your agency send email to expedite your application to embassy? are you still employed right now? is your passport have many stamp from other country?

Ana Villanueva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ontario Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
Ana Villanueva said:
hi jeniiiper15 did your agency send email to expedite your application to embassy? are you still employed right now? is your passport have many stamp from other country?
please check your inbox. i send you pm

Leaf1977

Oct 20, 2014
Hi ankursapra
Our nanny submitted all the requirements on July 18th of 2014. She received a request to submit her passport in early February. She is now waiting to have her passport returned.

Hope this helps.

Leaf1977

Oct 20, 2014
Hi jeniiiper15
Just an FYI our nanny submitted her passport around Febaruary 12th. I contacted my MP to find out the status on her passport and CIC said it is in the queue and should be returned in the next two weeks. Therefore it looks like wait times are up to 5 weeks to get the passport stamped.

Hi Ana V, do you happen to know what email the agency needs to send? I would like to push my nanny/her agency to explore this as we are hoping to get her here as soon as possible.

Thanks.

ravenrainram

Nov 11, 2014
Hello everyone is there anyone here experience of going to the hk immigration to extend visa without the passport. Coz my last visa is tom and my passport is still at the VAC for visa stamping . My agent passed it last feb 23.. please thanks

kat agustin

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hi ravenrainram..the hk immigration will not give you an extebsion of visa without passport.they will ask you to comeback as soon as you have your passport.all you have to do is email the canadian consulate and VAC about ur situation.best of luck..

ravenrainram

Nov 11, 2014
Hi kat unfortunately all my emails to VAC has been rejected bcoz im using different email acct name.so i ask my agent to send email and she aaid she did that already. Yesterday my employer send email at this acct. Hkongimmigration@international .gc.ca requesting for fast release of my passport. Do u think they will reply asap. I dont know what to do

kat agustin

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hi ravenrainram..the hk immigration will not give you an extebsion of visa without passport.they will ask you to comeback as soon as you have your passport.all you have to do is email the canadian consulate and VAC about ur situation.best of luck..

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
ravenrainram said:
Hi kat unfortunately all my emails to VAC has been rejected bcoz im using different email acct name.so i ask my agent to send email and she aaid she did that already. Yesterday my employer send email at this acct. Hkongimmigration @ international .gc.ca requesting for fast release of my passport. Do u think they will reply asap. I dont know what to do
Firstly, you need to inform the HK immigration about your situation even without your passport so they are aware of your status.
Secondly, since you used agency on submitting your documents, you should coordinate with them the email they used in your application. The CIC will definitely reject your email and they will not give you any information or status ànd hence you will put your application in trouble because of using different email address.
Thirdly, if your employer sent an email to CIC, I don't think they will give also information or status of your application because only the representative or the applicant itself can inquire the status of application. The best thing your employer can do is to email the Member of Parliament on their area and the MP is the one will follow up to CIC HK. Goodluck.

jeniiiper15

Mar 3, 2015
hi leaf1977.
i don't know tho cos i know someone who sibmitted herpassport on feb 16th and she got it back after 3 days. and someone from my agency got her approval too after 3 weeks of waiting. so i don't really know if there is something wrong with my application that it would take theselong for them to decide to give u an approval or not. im getting anxious about it now

Ana Villanueva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ontario Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
Leaf1977 said:
Hi jeniiiper15
Just an FYI our nanny submitted her passport around Febaruary 12th. I contacted my MP to find out the status on her passport and CIC said it is in the queue and should be returned in the next two weeks. Therefore it looks like wait times are up to 5 weeks to get the passport stamped.

Hi Ana V, do you happen to know what email the agency needs to send? I would like to push my nanny/her agency to explore this as we are hoping to get her here as soon as possible.

Thanks.
[/quot

hi leaft1977 the email add gave by visa officer is hkongimmigration@international.gc.ca

Mrs.Grey

Feb 25, 2015
Quote from: Mrs.Grey on March 02, 2015, 08:16:18 am
@ denyelay, were you allowed by the cic to stay a few weeks in your home country before leaving to canada? Is it possible?

Well in my case I didn't go home but yes you can still go home in your country once the visa has been received, the problem is in the immigration of your country if they will ask another requirements and processing to be able to exit. By the way, where are you come from?

Thank you @denyelay. Say if the visa office allowed me for vacation, do i have to obtain and complete sorts of exit clearance like pdos polo etc? Im from Philippines by the way. ;D ;D

Ana Villanueva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ontario Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
denyelay said:
Firstly, you need to inform the HK immigration about your situation even without your passport so they are aware of your status.
Secondly, since you used agency on submitting your documents, you should coordinate with them the email they used in your application. The CIC will definitely reject your email and they will not give you any information or status ànd hence you will put your application in trouble because of using different email address.
Thirdly, if your employer sent an email to CIC, I don't think they will give also information or status of your application because only the representative or the applicant itself can inquire the status of application. The best thing your employer can do is to email the Member of Parliament on their area and the MP is the one will follow up to CIC HK. Goodluck.

hi denyelay i just email cic and tell them my situation now. for your info my employer sign already my one month notice until march 10. but i must worried if did they will check my status at hk
immigration. i still not yet inform the hk immigration about my one month notice.do you think they will check it or i must go to hk immigration to inform them?

Leaf1977

Oct 20, 2014
Hi Ana Villanueva and denylay,
Thank you both for the information. denylay the information you have shared sounds like exactly the same issue that you have described. The nanny we are looking to hire has a visa for HK expiring on March 8th. The passport is still with CIC waiting to be stamped. I was discussing with the nanny how she can leave for a few days and get a visitor visa back into HK without a passport. She said her agency has a solution for this but the nanny does not know what it is yet.

So if I understand it correctly, it looks like the nanny will be able to stay in HK until she gets her passport back. If it is stamped we can quickly buy her a ticket to come to Canada. But she/her agency needs to inform HK immigration of this situation. Do I have it correct?

Our MP is unable to push things more quickly, but is able to get an update whereby she let us know that March 18th would be after normal processing times but hoping she gets her passport back from CIC before that.

Tonight is Friday in HK, we are hoping she gets it Friday but not that hopeful given the timelines.
Thanks again you all have been very helpful.