+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver - caring for children pathway

KLRK

Jul 7, 2016
Good afternoon,
I would like to get some information about caregiver program exactly caring for children pathway, (getting PR after 2 years of working here and living with the same family for at least 2 years/40hrs a week)
My wife is taking care of children and we both are living with the family she works with. In September it is going to be 2 years so as far as I understand the rules under the following link she could apply directly for PR after 2 years of working there.
The problem is the family we have been living with has been charging her for living directly from her salary - so her salary divided by months/weeks shows she got paid less than 30 hours (while she was actually working for 40 hours) while the rules obviously say: Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week
Do you guys think it might have inluence for the application? Are they going to count the hours like that?
Any help in my topic would be appreciated. Sorry for any mistakes I've done since it's not my first language.

yzza

Oct 16, 2014
yes.it should be 30hrs /week..to be considered full time.i have read a thread here,were refused.she didnt met the working requirements.
well,u may ask her employer and talk about d problem.for sure theyll understand.

johnbev123

May 12, 2017
hello guys just was wndering what is the present processin time and is it possible to extent my work pemrit staus if i get ym file number