+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live in caregiver application for PR

danisa

Oct 7, 2009
I have some doubts about my process and i just cant clarify at the website
First i will be two years this oct 14 and i had 4 weeks paid in this two years that doesn't affect my two years or now should be two years plus 4 weeks?
About the Police Clearance to be submitted on Permanent Residence Application for Permanent Residence under Live-in Caregiver Program.I came directly from Mexico and during my application i already submitted my Police clearance . So I want to know if do i need to submit another one The application says that Police clearance will be ask it later but that is in another link so is like a contradiction
I will ask for open work visa bcs im being with this family for this 2 years living at the contryside and i really want to start living at the city how long it will take this open work visa if they accept my application

thanks and i hope i explain it right my english still with lots of mistakes :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's ok to have taken vacations, you can still apply at the 2 year mark. Getting the open work permit can take around 6 months.

As for the police clearance, just follow the application guide. If they tell you they want one, send them a new one.

S

safii

hi danisa,
how long u have been apply for open work permit n pr card?
i m working un a live in caregiver program.i'll comlete my 24 months in july2010.wht will be the right time for applying open work permit

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At your 2 year mark, you can apply for your open work permit and PR as long as you haven't been taking more than 2 weeks off each year. Otherwise you have to add time. You should apply to extend your 2 year work permit to stay working for this family until your open work permit comes through.

Lollipop

Oct 19, 2009
Leon plz help ..I see you know things about PR process ..will you be able to know ,by any chance ,how long does it take after medicals are submited to obtain PR card ?
I have applied under live in care giver program ,and its been almost 6 months since CIC received my medical,my application status is still in "process"..Im getting really nervous,is it normal to wait this long?
Looking forward to your answer!
Thank you in advance!!
Loli!!

milesjade

Jan 22, 2010
hi leon.i just wanna ask about my work permit,the effective date is May 16,2008 and expiry date is april 20,2010.so i still have 26 days or almost 1 month to make 24 months of my working.i just want to know if im still going to apply for extension or im allowed already to apply for open work permit and permanent residence.Hope u can help me coz i really dont know what im going to do.
Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks and More Power.

It's ok to have taken vacations, you can still apply at the 2 year mark. Getting the open work permit can take around 6 months.

As for the police clearance, just follow the application guide. If they tell you they want one, send them a new one.
[/quote]

milesjade

Jan 22, 2010
Hi Leon.. i just wanna ask about my work permit ,the effective date is may 16,2008 and expiry date is april 20,2010,so i still have 26 days or almost 1 month to complete 24 months of my working,so do i need to get extension or im allowed already to apply open work permit and permanent residence?Hope u can help me,I really dont know what im going to do.
PLEASE REPLY.

THANKS AND MORE POWER.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
milesjade said:
Hi Leon.. i just wanna ask about my work permit ,the effective date is may 16,2008 and expiry date is april 20,2010,so i still have 26 days or almost 1 month to complete 24 months of my working,so do i need to get extension or im allowed already to apply open work permit and permanent residence?Hope u can help me,I really dont know what im going to do.
PLEASE REPLY.

THANKS AND MORE POWER.
Hi,

You have to extend your work permit before its expiry date. You have to complete the 24 months before you can apply for your permanent residency/open work permit.

Live-in caregivers may apply for permanent residence after they have worked for two years in the
LCP within three years of their arrival in Canada.
IP04 p.6

Also it takes about 6 months for processing first stage approval.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
milesjade said:
..so when i can send extension of my work permit?..thanks again
Yes send in your application for a new work permit together with a new contract and a letter from your employer that s/he still needs your services and of course the application fee :).

milesjade

Jan 22, 2010
i can apply it right now?or i have to wait 30 days before the expire date?..is it ok if apply together w/ open permit and pr?

thanx

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
milesjade said:
i can apply it right now?or i have to wait 30 days before the expire date?..is it ok if apply together w/ open permit and pr?

thanx
No, not for the PR/OWP. Apply for the extension of your work permit. You need less than a month to complte your 24 months before you can apply for the PR/OWP. And you need around 6 months more to wait for the first stage approval (usually they grant the OWP at this time). It takes 76 days (according to CIC website) to process WP for the same employer. Get a letter from your present employer and a new contract (to cover the months after your current contract expires) and send it to CPC-V. You have the option to submit your application electronically or by mail: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

milesjade

Jan 22, 2010
is it ok if im going to use my old contract,coz i just want to have extension for my wp w/ the same employer.do i need to ask her for a new contract?thanks ;)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
milesjade said:
is it ok if im going to use my old contract,coz i just want to have extension for my wp w/ the same employer.do i need to ask her for a new contract?thanks ;)
Hi,

You need a new contract from your employer to show they're renewing your services.