+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIVE IN CAREGIVER APPLICANT IN MANILA.PLEASE SHARE TIMELINE AND EXPERIENCE

bing1978

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
jancath410 said:
Thanks bing1978. I was just afraid that LMO might expire before she's done school.
you're welcome most lmo's are a year or two before it expires(i think) but since she will be training for 6 months and you will still apply for lmo,i think it will be okay.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We live with my parents and a 17 year old brother. I am about to apply for LMO to hire a LIC but was told not to include that I live with my parents because immigration might question the need for a LIC since my parents are there but I don't want to lie. What do you guys think? Thanks in advanced for your reply.

bing1978

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
jancath410 said:
We live with my parents and a 17 year old brother. I am about to apply for LMO to hire a LIC but was told not to include that I live with my parents because immigration might question the need for a LIC since my parents are there but I don't want to lie. What do you guys think? Thanks in advanced for your reply.
I think you should include them in your application,they will not question you why do you need LIC if your parents are with you, they will check your ability to pay the caregiver , the caregiver should have her own room. Those things are more important and if you are capable of hiring LIC I think there will be no problem telling them the truth.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that's what I thought. There's enough room for everyone including the LIC and our income is enough (based on the website). Also, my parents have their own income and still have a minor dependant that they need to take care of (my brother). I think I can justify why I need a Live in Caregiver but cannot justify why I lied (if I do). Thanks again!

Any news for your sister?

bing1978

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
jancath410 said:
Yes, that's what I thought. There's enough room for everyone including the LIC and our income is enough (based on the website). Also, my parents have their own income and still have a minor dependant that they need to take care of (my brother). I think I can justify why I need a Live in Caregiver but cannot justify why I lied (if I do). Thanks again!

Any news for your sister?
We are still waiting for visa ;)

ninavm

Apr 3, 2014
Hello everyone! I'm also sponsoring my sister as a live-in caregiver to take care of my son. She's applying from Manila, Philippines. Here's her timeline...

April 9 2014 - Submitted application for LCP
June 10 2014 - Received request for Speak Test, Medical, Passport, NBI Clearance, Additional Forms
July 2 2014 - Finished Speak Test and Medical

We are now waiting for the results. Does anyone here have their results already? How long did it take after the applicant finished the Speak Test and Medical? Thanks!

bowser

Aug 3, 2014
Some applicants are getting visa in two or three weeks after medical.

LMO are only valid for six months. We applied while she was still in caregiver school and it took two weeks to get a positive. She did upfront medical, and as soon as she got her tesda certificate and tor from caregiver school she applied online. Everything else she had ready to go....contract, lmo, nbi, tor, all other forms. She applied towards the end of july.

I have noticed some applicants are getting st notice within two weeks, then medical (although our caregiver had upfront medical). Then some are getting visa after as little as two weeks following speak test.

ninavm

Apr 3, 2014
ninavm said:
Hello everyone! I'm also sponsoring my sister as a live-in caregiver to take care of my son. She's applying from Manila, Philippines. Here's her timeline...

June 10 2014 - Received request for Speak Test, Medical, Passport, NBI Clearance, Additional Forms

We are now waiting for the results. Does anyone here have their results already? How long did it take after the applicant finished the Speak Test and Medical? Thanks!
Just an update, my sister got her visa already and is preparing her pre-departure requirements, thank God!

Aug 11 2014 - Received visa

ANJELICA

Sep 7, 2014
Hi,
Since speak test is being mentioned here. I want to know if we still need to undergo a speak test if you already have submitted IELTS result?

Thanks.