+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver and Re-enter Canada - Vegreville or Outside ?

Vikfee

Sep 10, 2014
Hello guys,

I am having hard time to figure out, what to do in my specific situation. Please, if you have autentic informations, please share your knowledge for me.

Last year I was working under LCP in Canada from sept 2013 till 15 july 2014. On 15 july I've ended my contract with my employer and 19th july I flought back to my come contry (visa-excempt country). Now I am intending to come back to Canada under LCP to complete 2 years required for PR application. My new future employer already applied for new LMO and my question is, if I am eligible to send application for change condition of my work permit (change employer), even if contract with my initial employer is ended or I have to apply again outside of Canada for new work permit ?
My current work permit is valid till sept 2015 and has multiple entry note.

Thank you for your help!

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
You need to apply for a new work permit for your new employer.

Vikfee

Sep 10, 2014
Hi Mylady,

thank you for your respond. Can I apply for new work permit with new employer through Vegreville, that means "inside of Canada" ? Reason, why I can apply from inside is obvious, It will take 3 months earlier, than applying from Outside.

I hope I don't need to applying again from outside of Canada. I've noted, though person is currently living outside of Canada (for example during vaccation), he/she is eligible to apply from "Inside of Canada" if still holding work permit ? But my situation is little bit tricky, because I am under LCP without employer and currently outside of Canda.

I should also mentioned, my common-law partner is also holder of Study permit. So maybe this fact can also help to make me eligible apply from Inside ?

Thank you

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Vikfee said:
Hi Mylady,

thank you for your respond. Can I apply for new work permit with new employer through Vegreville, that means "inside of Canada" ? Reason, why I can apply from inside is obvious, It will take 3 months earlier, than applying from Outside.

I hope I don't need to applying again from outside of Canada. I've noted, though person is currently living outside of Canada (for example during vaccation), he/she is eligible to apply from "Inside of Canada" if still holding work permit ? But my situation is little bit tricky, because I am under LCP without employer and currently outside of Canda.

I should also mentioned, my common-law partner is also holder of Study permit. So maybe this fact can also help to make me eligible apply from Inside ?

Thank you
If you wanted to be eligible to the Live in Caregiver Program you NEED to apply your work permit OUTSIDE CANADA or else you will fall into a different category or NOC which will not enable you to apply for Permanent Residence after 2 years of full time work under the program.

I am not very familiar with the SOWP but i think you can apply for one from inside Canada from your Partner's study permit.

Vikfee

Sep 10, 2014
Thank you for your help again.

My idea now is, can I go to Canada as visitor (just to be with my partner while he is studing there) while my application from Outside of Canda will be in process ? Than once work permit will be issued during my stay in Canada, just do "flagpole" by crossing border with US to get work permit under LCP ?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Vikfee said:
Thank you for your help again.

My idea now is, can I go to Canada as visitor (just to be with my partner while he is studing there) while my application from Outside of Canda will be in process ? Than once work permit will be issued during my stay in Canada, just do "flagpole" by crossing border with US to get work permit under LCP ?
Yes you can do that.