+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIVE IN CAREGIVER AND FRAUDULANT LMO APPLICATIONS?

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
Hi:
I have a small nanny agency I do part time. It is mostly to match my nanny's friend and family from overseas find work here in Canada. We have been quite successful and have placed many great ladies. We work day in and day out finding nice families who are willing to wait...Here is my problem:
I was at a friends house a 2 mons ago and I asked if anyone was interested in hiring a nanny from overseas..we all have little children.. Most weren't interested as their children are in daycare and they simply didn't have the room. This one lady, an aquitance said that she knew a few people who she thought would be interested. I said, thats great.. She said but they live about 25 minutes away and Id have to go see them expalin the process etc. I said oh ok well for your time and effort I will pay you a small finders fee for each family who agrees to hire one of my nannies friends (we have soo many applicants and not enough employers). She said great, and so the next day I dropped her off 3 forms.. she said she only knew two but she'd keep the form just in case she thought of anyone else.. I came back a few days later picked up the LMO forms attached MY name to them, phone # address etc..AND I paid her finders fee... About 3 weeks later I call 2 of the "employers" to discuss the next process (i.e sending LMO to the caregiver) and they said "they had NOOOO idea a form was filled out and they did NOT agree to this~~) OMG I had noooo idea! It wouldn't have been so bad but the governement when they called to verify they also told them they did NOT fill out the forms.. If I had known I would not have been stoopid enought to submit them and esp Put MY name and business and phone number on these bogus applications. My name is not flagged and I am really scared. How could I be sooo stoopid. I should have followed up right away but I didn't.. The person who gave me the signed forms did a total of 6. After I phoned the first 2 "employers" who apparenetly didn't know I immdediately cancelled the other 4. But I know HRSDC with call to let them know they have been cancelled and these people too will say they have no idea about it.
What can I expect to happen next? I have 5 little kids and have never done anything wrong, I am scared the police will come to my door. I am so sick and scared. Pls advise?
Thanks
EmilyMarie

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get in trouble for it, just tell the truth. You were scammed.

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
BCguy said:
That is illegal and if you wish to complain to the proper agency,Contact me
so scams are there too? Well, the zeal to sort them is what I like and would make me come over. But I heard the time to process FSW category has been shrunk to 6-12months.I saw one will have to mail application to Nova Scotia instead of Accra Embassy Ghana,for my country Nigeria. If it is true I will rely on it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ferdiii said:
so scams are there too? Well, the zeal to sort them is what I like and would make me come over. But I heard the time to process FSW category has been shrunk to 6-12months.I saw one will have to mail application to Nova Scotia instead of Accra Embassy Ghana,for my country Nigeria. If it is true I will rely on it.
Scams are everywhere but at least if you are used to them in your home country, you will be able to see through them easily here. There are a few scams around immigration because it's easy to take advantage of people but the average Canadian doesn't see too many scams in their lifetime. Mostly people at the store who tell you they ran out of gas or they need medication for their children.

The FSW hopefully will be shrunk to 6-12 months, that is the goal but we don't know for sure yet. If your occupation is one of the 38 on the most wanted list, you can send to Sydney but after you are pre-approved there, your file still goes to Accra.