+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Little Unclear on Next Steps? "Ready for Visa" Email Recieved. Am I in?

McGringo

Nov 15, 2017
I'm in the U.S. and a U.S. Citizen. My Express Entry ITA was received 1/31/17 and my application was submitted 3/19/17.

In my Application Profile, it’s been on hold for months with no updates:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, on Oct. 13, I received an email from CPCO-FinalRequest titled "Ready for Visa" asking for two photos, a copy of my passport, a form entitled "Annex A" and a pre-paid return envelope. I sent all this stuff in and IRCC received it on Nov 2nd.

I emailed IRCC to figure out what's going on and they were not very helpful. Basically, the response I received was akin to "Thanks for your interest in Canada!" with no explanation as to why there was a discrepancy between my online profile and this email, which would seem to suggest that I'm in.

a) has anyone had a similar experience?

b) does the CPCO-FinalRequest email mean I've been approved as a permanent resident?

c) what is the next step here? Does IRCC send me letter, I land, and the wait for them to mail me my Perm Resident card to my Canadian address?

d) anyone have any idea on the timeline from sending in all the docs and photos in response to the CPCO-FinalRequest email and getting documents allowing me to cross the border and move in?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in the U.S. and a U.S. Citizen. My Express Entry ITA was received 1/31/17 and my application was submitted 3/19/17.

In my Application Profile, it’s been on hold for months with no updates:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, on Oct. 13, I received an email from CPCO-FinalRequest titled "Ready for Visa" asking for two photos, a copy of my passport, a form entitled "Annex A" and a pre-paid return envelope. I sent all this stuff in and IRCC received it on Nov 2nd.

I emailed IRCC to figure out what's going on and they were not very helpful. Basically, the response I received was akin to "Thanks for your interest in Canada!" with no explanation as to why there was a discrepancy between my online profile and this email, which would seem to suggest that I'm in.

b) does the CPCO-FinalRequest email mean I've been approved as a permanent resident?

c) what is the next step here? Does IRCC send me letter, I land, and the wait for them to mail me my Perm Resident card to my Canadian address?

d) anyone have any idea on the timeline from sending in all the docs and photos in response to the CPCO-FinalRequest email and getting documents allowing me to cross the border and move in?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is 2-3 weeks processing time from the date they receive your application in Ottawa.
Once completed ,you will get a document called COPR ( Confirmation of PR) with an expiration date ( usually earlier of PP or medical expiry)

You need to enter Canada before that date to be a successful Permanent resident

Good luck

Reactions: McGringo

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
Yes, this email means that they are finalizing your application.

Basically yes, unless you rob a bank next week you have been approved, congratz!

Send your passport and photo as detailed in the email. They will mail you back your CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) in a couple of weeks. Once you get the CoPR you can land in Canada and yes you will receive tour PR Card after landing by mail.

Well it can vary but typically around 2 to 3 weeks. Check this thread for a better idea: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passports-to-cpc-ottawa-nov-2017.527537/