Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
01-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2011!!!
How detailed must I be listing the goods I am bringing into Canada? Exactly how many pairs of socks, value and descriptions, etc. For example : 150 cotton balls vs. 8 oz bag cotton balls worth $1. Are items like that really necessary? Also, read about exemptions for wedding gifts, do I still list the opened ones or how do I go about that if they are unopened when I bring them (this would be after the initial landing in Calgary)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Francis123 said:
How detailed must I be listing the goods I am bringing into Canada? Exactly how many pairs of socks, value and descriptions, etc. For example : 150 cotton balls vs. 8 oz bag cotton balls worth $1.

Way too detailed, try "box of clothing". obviously list expensive items and any items with serial numbers, electronics etc

Are items like that really necessary? Also, read about exemptions for wedding gifts, do I still list the opened ones or how do I go about that if they are unopened when I bring them (this would be after the initial landing in Calgary)
I understand that items that you list on your goods to follow form are also exempt.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Francis123 said:
How detailed must I be listing the goods I am bringing into Canada? Exactly how many pairs of socks, value and descriptions, etc. For example : 150 cotton balls vs. 8 oz bag cotton balls worth $1. Are items like that really necessary? Also, read about exemptions for wedding gifts, do I still list the opened ones or how do I go about that if they are unopened when I bring them (this would be after the initial landing in Calgary)
You really only have to list high value items separately with serial no. Otherwise it is x boxes used clothing x value. Wedding gifts are exempt.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
Here is an example on how a fellow forum member suggest how to do it. My wife will use his technique

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44793.0.html

kccc

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Thanks for helpful info,

I do have further queries:

If I'm bringing my dslr camera with separate lenses - do I list the item as camera & lenses and put in the collective value in CAD ? Or List my camera and lenses separately ?

Also regarding currency, if I have other bank notes in other currency, do I need to declare them separately as well, although in small amounts ?

thanks,
k

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kccc said:
Thanks for helpful info,

I do have further queries:

If I'm bringing my dslr camera with separate lenses - do I list the item as camera & lenses and put in the collective value in CAD ? Or List my camera and lenses separately ?

Also regarding currency, if I have other bank notes in other currency, do I need to declare them separately as well, although in small amounts ?

thanks,
k
In many cases the lenses will cost as much as a body - well the Canon lenses I use do :)

I would list the value of each item, with serial numbers.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kccc said:
Thanks Baloo,

Will do that, :)

K
If you are an avid photographer, you will know the lens prices off the top of your head.
If you know the serial numbers the same way - seek treatment, now :)

americanadian

Mar 3, 2011
I am going for university, September through April. Do I need to fill out a Personal Effects form for the goods I bring, or can it just be on a plain 8x11 inch copy paper? I am bringing things like a fridge and microwave, clothing, laptop, sheets, posters, desk lights, etc.

Also, can I bring school supplies for the school year from the US, binders, pencils, pens, paper, books, etc, or do I need to buy all that in Canada once I arrive?

Thank you.