01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi all,

Is it mandatory to fill B4 from( list of goods) for landing ? or can we just type a simple list of goods in excel and use it ?

thanks

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi all,

Is it mandatory to fill B4 from( list of goods) for landing ? or can we just type a simple list of goods in excel and use it ?

thanks
From what i understood reading other posts that you must fill this form. I think they provide it at landing but it makes more sense to have it ready on you rather than filling it there or typing it separately and having to write it all again in the form. Good luck

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
I concur with Dr.Feras. I had all typed and ready on the B4 form- ensure that you have 3 copies ( one for you, one for the Immigration officer, and one replacement in case either of the other 2 forms is misplaced). If you are bringing jewelry WITH you, please fill in the approxiamate value AND the number of items ( eg two gold bangles worth ____ CAD, etc). Also keep ready 3 copies of an inventory of goods to follow, or are in transit through the movers and packers... you may be asked for that list too...

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Thanks guys,,, will do

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
I concur with Dr.Feras. I had all typed and ready on the B4 form- ensure that you have 3 copies ( one for you, one for the Immigration officer, and one replacement in case either of the other 2 forms is misplaced). If you are bringing jewelry WITH you, please fill in the approxiamate value AND the number of items ( eg two gold bangles worth ____ CAD, etc). Also keep ready 3 copies of an inventory of goods to follow, or are in transit through the movers and packers... you may be asked for that list too...
Hi,

Just a quick one pls.
Since the BSF186 form contains only 8 lines (for 8 items) and that the total list of goods I have is about 60-70 different items ... => is it possible to input categories in the BSF186 form ?
For example, I was thinking to fill in the BSF186 document as follow :

Item 1 / CLOTHES (summer, winter clothes, shoes and baby clothes) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 2 / MISCELLANEOUS (books, souvenirs, etc ...) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 3 / JEWELRY (25 items) / Total value in CAD xxx
Item 4 / BABY STUFF (Teddy bear, baby toys, bibs, feeding's bottle, etc ...) / Total value in CAD xxx
Item 5 / COSMETICS (make up, creams, accessories, ...) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 6 / ELECTRONICS and VALUED ITEMS (please see attached dedicated detailed list) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 7 / FITNESS MATERIAL (ab wheel, gym mattress, etc ...) / Total value in CAD xxx
Item 8 / For exact details, please kindly see attached Excel Sheet lists / Total Value in CAD xxx for all Items

Knowing that all items are listed on the separate Excel Sheet (as mentioned in the "Item 8 line" of the BSF186 form => Do you think that this method could be used to fill in this BSF186 form ?
(FYI, the Excel sheet that we intend to attach to the BSF186 form contains ALL the items/goods that we will be bringing)

If my method is not good, are we supposed to fill in the BSF186 form with ALL the different different items ? knowing that at the end it could have about at least 15-20 pages of this BSF186 form?

Experience from people who already landed will be highly appreciated.

FYI, I will be bringing all our stuff/goods in 6 big suitcases because no goods will be following afterwards ...

Thank you in advance for you inputs, suggestions and guidance ...

Last edited:
Reactions: jafar_4u

ywssz

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Hey all, can someone please provide feedback on PonJoub's message above? I am in the same situation and was going to do exactly that.

I have one more question as well:

I am bringing in some of my possessions with me in my suitcases when I land, and will bring other possessions as I come back and forth between Canada and my home country. How can I reflect that in the forms? The only form I found for Good to follow is in case you are bring in the goods through Cargo, which is not my case.

Your advice is appreciated!!

Thanks!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi,

Just a quick one pls.
Since the BSF186 form contains only 8 lines (for 8 items) and that the total list of goods I have is about 60-70 different items ... => is it possible to input categories in the BSF186 form ?
For example, I was thinking to fill in the BSF186 document as follow :

Item 1 / CLOTHES (summer, winter clothes, shoes and baby clothes) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 2 / MISCELLANEOUS (books, souvenirs, etc ...) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 3 / JEWELRY (25 items) / Total value in CAD xxx
Item 4 / BABY STUFF (Teddy bear, baby toys, bibs, feeding's bottle, etc ...) / Total value in CAD xxx
Item 5 / COSMETICS (make up, creams, accessories, ...) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 6 / ELECTRONICS and VALUED ITEMS (please see attached dedicated detailed list) / Total Value in CAD xxx
Item 7 / FITNESS MATERIAL (ab wheel, gym mattress, etc ...) / Total value in CAD xxx
Item 8 / For exact details, please kindly see attached Excel Sheet lists / Total Value in CAD xxx for all Items

Knowing that all items are listed on the separate Excel Sheet (as mentioned in the "Item 8 line" of the BSF186 form => Do you think that this method could be used to fill in this BSF186 form ?
(FYI, the Excel sheet that we intend to attach to the BSF186 form contains ALL the items/goods that we will be bringing)

If my method is not good, are we supposed to fill in the BSF186 form with ALL the different different items ? knowing that at the end it could have about at least 15-20 pages of this BSF186 form?

Experience from people who already landed will be highly appreciated.

FYI, I will be bringing all our stuff/goods in 6 big suitcases because no goods will be following afterwards ...

Thank you in advance for you inputs, suggestions and guidance ...
This is what I'm planning to do. There are older threads on here indicating people have successfully landed using this method.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
This is what I'm planning to do. There are older threads on here indicating people have successfully landed using this method.
Thanks for your inputs mgnlky ;)
I will do this method for the landing and will post here whether it worked or not for me.
Can't wait to finally land and tell myself that phase 1 is over and we can go through phase 2 (settlement etc ...)
Good luck and all the best to all