+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of documents required for Express Entry program

blueshark

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Thank you for starting this post.

I have a Masters Degree from Canada for which I have claimed points for when filling out my expression of interest. For my Canadian degrees I do not need to do my ECA obviously. I also have my undergraduate degree and high school from my home country (4 year Bachelor Degree).

My questions are:

1) Do I need to do a Educational Credential Evaluation (ECA) for my undergraduate degree and high school degrees which were earned from outside Canada? Does the fact that I have a masters (a higher degree than a Bachelors) from Canada makes it unnecessary to do a ECA for my non-Canadian high school and Bachelors degrees? Or does CIC expect Express Entry Invitees to conduct a ECA for ALL of their non-Canadian degrees?

2) Do we (my spouse and I) also need to do the ECA for high school? I have already done my wife's ECA for her bachelors.

I am hoping seniors and experienced members of the forum will be able to guide me on this. I want to complete all my ECAs carefully in advance and without missing anything.

Thank you in advance and I am sorry if my question appears elementary.

Also kudos to all the members of this forum for keeping all the extremely useful and informative discussions going. You all are wonderful!
Hello... I'm also looking for the answer to this question.

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hello... I'm also looking for the answer to this question.
I am guessing you only need to have your highest degree evaluated. If the highest degree is a Canadian degree then there is no need to get the lower degrees (that led to that Canadian degree) to be evaluated? But this is only a guess and I might not be correct.