+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking MyCIC account to PR application

Sean&Nicole

May 17, 2017
I understand the frustration. My wife (canadian) is sponsoring me (American) under PR - Family class (spouse) categpry
First, I have received my first receipt confirmation by email on 05/02/2017.
Second, I have received the confirmation of the eligibility as a sponsor by email on 05/04/2017.
Then, I have received a postal letter on 05/17/17 stating I should link my application to an account. The postal letter was written on 05/09/17. It took 8 days for me to receive (postal mail are relatively slow..)
I was able to link my application successfully by doing below:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-category: Family Class (Spouse)
Application details:
Application Number (the whole F and nine digit numbers) and Family Name (P.A's last name)
Place of birth:
City/town of birth (leave it blank - hit one space with space bar)
Country/territory of birth: put as it says in your original application IMM 0008
Passport:
LEAVE IT BLANK ALL TOGETHER
Other Application information:
Province: as stated in the original application IMM 0008
City/town/Village: as stated in the original application IMM 0008
Current marital status: Married
Number of family members: in my case its is '2'

Currently, I am preparing my IM 5669 Schedule A form and police report for myself (Principal application)
Also, after i linking my application to the account it doesn't prompted me to upload any documents yet. However, the postal email I received on 05/17/2017 stats that I should upload my documents there and supporting document is required. At this point, I guess i will have wait for the prompt and/or an option to upload it on the account. I will wait few days for it.

Hope it helps!
Yes, this is exactly how I have been trying to enter everything and it still won't find the application.
Today I tried entering her as single which of course didn't work.
Again only 4 tries until it locks you out.
More than 2 weeks since I sent in a support request on this with no response back.
This is driving me crazy.

IceEye

Aug 9, 2016
After how many days of trying you were able to link the application? Does CIC sent you a request to link the application? I am trying to figure out how long it took..
I'm trying to figure this out as well, can anyone help us out? I submitted my application a little over a month ago and haven't received any emails, letters or phone calls.

manitsa

Mar 16, 2017
Yes, this is exactly how I have been trying to enter everything and it still won't find the application.
More than 2 weeks since I sent in a support request on this with no response back.
Hi, I had the same problem with you and finally I managed to link it when on the question "how many family members are included in the application" I answered 2 (me and my sponsor). It took them one month to answer me after i I submitted the technical issue .When they answered I had already linked it! Good luck

Reactions: himh

SeanNewYork

May 4, 2017

I filled out a technical issue form and they responded me in a week. I would suggest you to do the same? Please try to give them as accurate and precise information of your issue. Also, attach a screenshot.

Sean&Nicole

May 17, 2017
Okay, so I got tired of trying all different combinations of information so I called them this morning. I finally got through after an hour of trying and was able to verify that the number of people listed on the application was entered as 3. For some reason they included my wife's 16 year old daughter (she is not coming to Canada with her mother - long story). So I finally have the application linked to the account. Now I need to figure out how to submit the requested IMM 5669 forms through the online account - I don't see any links to submit more forms to support the application. There are no messages saying we need to submit these forms in the online account. They notified us in an email that we need to submit these forms by June 4 2017. Am I missing something? Is there a way to submit these forms through your online account without a message requesting them? Why isn't the request in there?

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Yup had the same issue back in March of this year. There still isn't anywhere to upload documents. I did it the old fashion way....and mailed it to them. They received it the following day and within one week my background check started.

I did include a note stating that I was not able to upload the document so I mailed it instead. Had no issues doing that and they attached it to my file very quickly.

TaylorSap

May 29, 2017
Yup had the same issue back in March of this year. There still isn't anywhere to upload documents. I did it the old fashion way....and mailed it to them. They received it the following day and within one week my background check started.

I did include a note stating that I was not able to upload the document so I mailed it instead. Had no issues doing that and they attached it to my file very quickly.
This seems to be the easiest way to do it-I just sent my documents in via snail mail (i am US based) they havent asked for my schedule A form due to technical error (my application has been linked for 5 weeks now!
Hope this is done quickly!

Reactions: KandyK

shk90

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Hello all,
I've tired countless times to link my application. I am sponsoring my husband, so have created a GCKey for him and have tired to link the application with no luck. I've read that people got an email telling them they can link the account. Since applying in November 2016 I have only gotten one email which told me I was eligible to sponsor my husband and gave me a UCI and Application Number; no where in this email did it give me instructions on linking my application. I have been trying to link it using the Application Number in this email. Should I have gotten another email? Any suggestions...I'd ready to punch the screen if I see another failed attempt.

Jun 5, 2017
Okay so after reading all the way through this forum topic I have tried almost every suggestion people have posted here and I am still unable to link the application to the account. I am Canadian and my wife is American and obviously I am the sponsor and she is the principal applicant. I have created an account for her and I am trying to link the application to it using all her information. I'm thinking the application is not in the system yet. After we submitted our application I received an email on 04/28/2017 stating they received our application. Then on 05/02/2017 I got an email stating I was approved to be a sponsor. Then on 05/04/2017 my wife got an email asking for the IMM5669 forms in the next 30 days and the police certificates. It also explains that she should create an account and link the application to it. We have the completed IMM5669 forms and the police certificates (we ordered them ahead of time) and I want to submit them, but only after I successfully link the application to the account.

Here is some background info:

My wife has four kids from her first marriage, three of them are over 18 and one is 16, none of them are coming with her to Canada.
I have two kids from my first marriage and both are under 18.

Using the suggestions posted here I have been trying a bunch of different combinations over the past couple weeks.
Today I tried what seems to work for everyone on here:

Application Number and Family Name
City and Country of Birth (tried with typing in the city and leaving it blank)
Passport Info (left it blank)
Province (Alberta)
City (Edmonton)
Married
Number Of People In The Application (tried 2,5 and 6)

Oh and BTW this stupid system locks you out after only 4 attempts not 5!

I am VERY frustrated!
Tomorrow just for the hell of it I'm going to try putting her in as single.
Does anyone have any other advice?

Hi, How long after did you receive your first communication saying that your package has been reviewed and approved? I just sent our application last week and have not heard back yet. I have tried to link my application online and am unsuccessful as it states no application was found. I'm worried! Is there anyway to link my application online without having received any confirmation? Was there a number you called? Thank you.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Is this the general CIC question thread? Last week I created an account for my wife and linker her application to it. As the sponsor, I didn't bother making an account for myself. Should I be doing so?

Also, according to the guide 5525, it states that, " After linking your application, check right away to see what else we need to process your application. Everyone will find the following in their account: 1) A request to complete and submit a background information form, known as Schedule A, 2) a request to submit a police certificate(s)"

Well I don't see any kind of request like that on my wife's account. Does it take time to appear or should we be concerned?

skg26

Jun 6, 2017
I understand the frustration. My wife (canadian) is sponsoring me (American) under PR - Family class (spouse) categpry
First, I have received my first receipt confirmation by email on 05/02/2017.
Second, I have received the confirmation of the eligibility as a sponsor by email on 05/04/2017.
Then, I have received a postal letter on 05/17/17 stating I should link my application to an account. The postal letter was written on 05/09/17. It took 8 days for me to receive (postal mail are relatively slow..)
I was able to link my application successfully by doing below:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-category: Family Class (Spouse)
Application details:
Application Number (the whole F and nine digit numbers) and Family Name (P.A's last name)
Place of birth:
City/town of birth (leave it blank - hit one space with space bar)
Country/territory of birth: put as it says in your original application IMM 0008
Passport:
LEAVE IT BLANK ALL TOGETHER
Other Application information:
Province: as stated in the original application IMM 0008
City/town/Village: as stated in the original application IMM 0008
Current marital status: Married
Number of family members: in my case its is '2'

Currently, I am preparing my IM 5669 Schedule A form and police report for myself (Principal application)
Also, after i linking my application to the account it doesn't prompted me to upload any documents yet. However, the postal email I received on 05/17/2017 stats that I should upload my documents there and supporting document is required. At this point, I guess i will have wait for the prompt and/or an option to upload it on the account. I will wait few days for it.

Hope it helps!
Hi, I tried all these but whenever I click search my application, it doesn't search and the reason is that I have not entered the city (if I just put in a space bar), the text appears in red and it highlights me to put in the city, and if I do that, no luck

Reactions: caromaline

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018

i have a question. when mailing the police report did you mail them the original one or the photocopy?

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Hi, I tried all these but whenever I click search my application, it doesn't search and the reason is that I have not entered the city (if I just put in a space bar), the text appears in red and it highlights me to put in the city, and if I do that, no luck
same thing is happening to me.. can someone tell me if they found a way?

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
i have a question. when mailing the police report did you mail them the original one or the photocopy?
I mailed them the original report. I did photocopies but i kept it for myself

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.