+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking an application (application cannot be found)

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Bout to go a bit crazy here...

Received email containing my UCI and Application Number. It asks me to link my application to my account in order to continue processing.

I am filling out all of the information correctly. And.... application cannot be found.

I am now locked out for 24 hours.

Chances are when I try tomorrow I will be locked out again for 24 hours because I cannot put in any other information than what I am because it is the correct info.

I spoke to someone at CIC and they were USELESS. What the hell am I supposed to do???

oh and... it didnt even give me 5 attempts like it says... it gave me 4

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Bout to go a bit crazy here...

Received email containing my UCI and Application Number. It asks me to link my application to my account in order to continue processing.

I am filling out all of the information correctly. And.... application cannot be found.

I am now locked out for 24 hours.

Chances are when I try tomorrow I will be locked out again for 24 hours because I cannot put in any other information than what I am because it is the correct info.

I spoke to someone at CIC and they were USELESS. What the hell am I supposed to do???

oh and... it locked me out after 4 attempts. Not 5 like it says...
First thing you need to do is relax. Linking is not mandatory and you can do it anytime throughout the process.

There are a lot of common mistakes people make when linking. You should search the forum for helpful tips and tricks. A common mistake made is number of applicants. If it's applicant and a sponsor, the number is 2. People often do 1. There are alot of nuances like that that can lock you out.

Reactions: kent_olsen

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
First thing you need to do is relax. Linking is not mandatory and you can do it anytime throughout the process.

There are a lot of common mistakes people make when linking. You should search the forum for helpful tips and tricks. A common mistake made is number of applicants. If it's applicant and a sponsor, the number is 2. People often do 1. There are alot of nuances like that that can lock you out.
I said 2 also. In the email i received it says I have 7 days or my application will be delayed.

I looked up some methods people used who were successful and that included only filling out the info that was necessary. seems lots of people struggle with this but i really do not want my application delayed man...

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I said 2 also. In the email i received it says I have 7 days or my application will be delayed.

I looked up some methods people used who were successful and that included only filling out the info that was necessary. seems lots of people struggle with this but i really do not want my application delayed man...
It is not going to be delayed.

Linking does not affect processing time. Some may find it faster to upload documents on my cic as opposed to mailing when they request, but it's not going delay the actual process.

We've never linked... trust me, you will get everything by email worst case if you can't link.

Have you searched for assistance on linking in this forum

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Additionally, ecas is much more accurate in terms of updates.

So seriously, don't stress about it. It won't be delayed and if you pass the seven days you can do it at any time. Just research what has worked for others.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Agree with @kcward7

I would like to share what i experienced.
My sponsor is my husband Canadian citizen and I as applicant

This account for sponsor
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
When i linked the application- i choose application # and applicant personal dattas. Honestly in beginning i had problem to linked but never been locked so i tried 3 or 4times and it worked out.

This is ecas for applicant
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

In actual i managed both account and my husband agreed :)

Reactions: canadaVisa10

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
A lot of people have issues linking. For August/Sept applicants, this is the most successful trick: leave the city and country of birth BLANK, and enter in all your passport information. I don't believe IRCC is always entering in the city of birth for the applicant right away, so if you enter that information, it can cause a mismatch in the system.

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Agree with @kcward7

I would like to share what i experienced.
My sponsor is my husband Canadian citizen and I as applicant

This account for sponsor
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
When i linked the application- i choose application # and applicant personal dattas. Honestly in beginning i had problem to linked but never been locked so i tried 3 or 4times and it worked out.

This is ecas for applicant
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

In actual i managed both account and my husband agreed :)
Still can't identify my application using ecas. Why would they provide my UCI and Application Number if they haven't even put it in their system yet..... far out

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Still can't identify my application using ecas. Why would they provide my UCI and Application Number if they haven't even put it in their system yet..... far out
Give it a couple of days. This whole process requires patience, my friend.

haXudon

May 31, 2015
i would like to share my experience:

i tried 50 timee. i repeat FIFTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY effin times to link my application to my account.

i created 10+ GCKey accounts, using one email. I just revoke that account after I reach the 5 attempts per day limit.

i tried every possible combination the human mind can imagine. even tried all the cities and all the states in Canada (obv exaggeration here). but you get the point.

on the 50th try, i changed the marital status from married to SINGLE. then boom! it linked. i didn't even notice it linked since there was a weird page that looks like every other page i was looking at. then i clicked the button "LINK THIS APPLICATION." tah dah!

threw away my computer in the garbage can and filed a divorce. (jk)

lesson here: if you have a problem and can't solve it, try being SINGLE. ;););)

Reactions: Chatmonkey

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
i would like to share my experience:

i tried 50 timee. i repeat FIFTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY effin times to link my application to my account.

i created 10+ GCKey accounts, using one email. I just revoke that account after I reach the 5 attempts per day limit.

i tried every possible combination the human mind can imagine. even tried all the cities and all the states in Canada (obv exaggeration here). but you get the point.

on the 50th try, i changed the marital status from married to SINGLE. then boom! it linked. i didn't even notice it linked since there was a weird page that looks like every other page i was looking at. then i clicked the button "LINK THIS APPLICATION." tah dah!

threw away my computer in the garbage can and filed a divorce. (jk)

lesson here: if you have a problem and can't solve it, try being SINGLE. ;););)
Just threw away my computer and filed for divorce because your single advice WORKED!!!

LOL

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
I was told once my application left Canada and was in Havana I can't link my account. It's only if still processing in Canada. My application was processed on 3 weeks. Is that true? Cause like everyone else. I've tried so many times to link account and it don't work. I will have to try being "single" like everyone else on here lol

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Give it a couple of days. This whole process requires patience, my friend.
Question for your KC - I revoked my account and made a new one for which I linked my PR application through. Problem is (and stupid me) I had a visitor extension application that was being processed on the other account that is now revoked.

Will my application still be in process or do I have to submit a new one now?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Question for your KC - I revoked my account and made a new one for which I linked my PR application through. Problem is (and stupid me) I had a visitor extension application that was being processed on the other account that is now revoked.

Will my application still be in process or do I have to submit a new one now?
That I don't know. I would call to find out, just to be sure. Was it an online application for the visitor?