remedical + pcc + passport info sent Oct 8th 2014
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 05 2015
LANDED..........
March 2015 INSHALLAH!!
HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

salam all, so Alhamdulillah wife got her passport and I am leaving on Feb 15th for Pakistan.

My question is I need to apply for a LVP for my son who just turned 1. In November 2014 I applied for his Citizenship Certificate but since I didn't have a paid ticket I couldn't apply for LVP.

If I go to Islamabad consulate, do they allow me to go inside and submit his application on the spot. Does anyone know what I need to do or any tips to expedite the process. I have purchased a return ticket for March 24th.

Thank you,

aliq1107

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl-London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
Trans to London May 15 2014
Med's Request
Re-MED Oct 1st 2014
Med's Done....
remedical + pcc + passport info sent Oct 8th 2014
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 05 2015
LANDED..........
March 2015 INSHALLAH!!
aliq1107 said:

salam all, so Alhamdulillah wife got her passport and I am leaving on Feb 15th for Pakistan.

My question is I need to apply for a LVP for my son who just turned 1. In November 2014 I applied for his Citizenship Certificate but since I didn't have a paid ticket I couldn't apply for LVP.

If I go to Islamabad consulate, do they allow me to go inside and submit his application on the spot. Does anyone know what I need to do or any tips to expedite the process. I have purchased a return ticket for March 24th.

Can anyone help me...
Thank you,

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Why do you need a Limited Validity Passport? If your son is a Canadian Citizen, you can apply for a regular passport for him. Urgent application for passport costs $110.00 and you can get it in 24 hours.

http://passport.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng&region=Canada

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
RajaJi said:
Why do you need a Limited Validity Passport? If your son is a Canadian Citizen, you can apply for a regular passport for him. Urgent application for passport costs $110.00 and you can get it in 24 hours.
The child does not yet have proof of Canadian citizenship and therefore cannot obtain a regular passport.

aliq1107 said:
Yes, it should be possible to submit the passport app in person at the High Commission.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks canuck_in_uk, I missed that requirement.

It is not clear from OP's post if his son is currently in Canada or Pakistan. It seems that his son is in Pakistan. Otherwise, if his son is in Canada, he needs to get LVTD for his son before leaving Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
RajaJi said:
Thanks canuck_in_uk, I missed that requirement.

It is not clear from OP's post if his son is currently in Canada or Pakistan. It seems that his son is in Pakistan. Otherwise, if his son is in Canada, he needs to get LVTD for his son before leaving Canada.
From previous posts, the child was born in and is currently in Pakistan and needs the passport to come to Canada in March when his mother lands as a PR.

sahar habib

Dec 22, 2010
aliq1107 said:

Thank you,
Hi aliq

I am also in the same ship , can you please tell me did you post your application ?? directly or through mail. how much time they committed to you ?

canucks2014

Sep 5, 2014
I applied for my son's Citizenship Certificate in Sept 2014 at Islamabad embassy. CIC website says it may take 6-8 months for the application to process. While I am still waiting, has anyone else gone through this process? Please share.