+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Introduction not received for the work visa

mayank.dce2k7

Sep 3, 2017
Hi,

I got my passport with the Canadian visa stamped in it on Oct 30th, 2017. My work visa application was processed at the New York visa center. I have not received work permit approval letter ( some may call it Letter of Introduction) till date. I did not receive any letter with my passport or via email or in my CIC account.

Is there anybody else with a similar experience who can share or advice?

Mayank

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi,

I got my passport with the Canadian visa stamped in it on Oct 30th, 2017. My work visa application was processed at the New York visa center. I have not received work permit approval letter ( some may call it Letter of Introduction) till date. I did not receive any letter with my passport or via email or in my CIC account.

Is there anybody else with a similar experience who can share or advice?

Mayank
hey mayank, i am in the same boat as you are. i had received approval on 18th Oct and got TRV stamped on 23rd Oct but havent received approval letter as of now. I really don't know why it takes so much time once the decision has already been taken, and when i enquired embassy through webform they say that i do not require LOI to travel to canada as officers can access our work permit through online system. On the other hand my lawyer says that it is mandatory to have approval letter and not to make any travel plans, i am really stuck and don't know whom to ask help.

mayank.dce2k7

Sep 3, 2017
hey mayank, i am in the same boat as you are. i had received approval on 18th Oct and got TRV stamped on 23rd Oct but havent received approval letter as of now. I really don't know why it takes so much time once the decision has already been taken, and when i enquired embassy through webform they say that i do not require LOI to travel to canada as officers can access our work permit through online system. On the other hand my lawyer says that it is mandatory to have approval letter and not to make any travel plans, i am really stuck and don't know whom to ask help.
I received an approval notice via my lawyer on Nov. 7.All it says that your application for work/study has been approved. What I noticed is that it contains document number for your work permit. I am assuming this document number helps the immigration officer to retrieve and print the work permit at the port of entry. This is all I can say.

Do you mind telling me where are you coming from?

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Congrats for your approval, i am from mumbai and my application is being processed in bangalore, mostly we should be getting this in a week but mine has gone way over this and still there is no notice of that

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Congrats for your approval, i am from mumbai and my application is being processed in bangalore, mostly we should be getting this in a week but mine has gone way over this and still there is no notice of that
Hi

Did u applied for workpermit

Pls share ur timeline, my lawer applied on aug 15 ,

No reply yet, delhi visa office

Pls share and update bro

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
hey my lawyer applied it on 29th sept and i had my trv stamped on 27th Oct since then no approval letter, while i called canadian call center and checked status it says your application has been approved still it is taking so long. Visa Consulate Bangalore