+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of introduction and medical exam

onlypri_

Mar 4, 2023
Hello!

I received my letter of introduction today from IRCC. The thing is I took my medical exam last year in July and it expires on 12th July this year that is before I reach Canada. Will I face problems at the port of entry due to this? Any response will be greatly appreciated.

tinnguyen0408

Dec 3, 2022
You should take another your medical exam. Otherwise, the counterfoil (the visa stamped on your passport) may become invalid. It states specifically in the letter of introduction that your medical exam must still be valid when you arrive in Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl

onlypri_

Mar 4, 2023
You should take another your medical exam. Otherwise, the counterfoil (the visa stamped on your passport) may become invalid. It states specifically in the letter of introduction that your medical exam must still be valid when you arrive in Canada.
Thanks for responding!
But when can get my remedical done? Before or after it expires in July?

tinnguyen0408

Dec 3, 2022
Thanks for responding!
Should do it now, as early as possible. And then upload it onto Webform to inform IRCC. Remember that the validity of the medical exam is just 1 year. So you want to make sure that you redo the medical exam and leave enough time for IRCC to become aware of the new one so that they will not deactivate your visa.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Thanks for responding!
You can re appear before panel of physician once ur old medical expire. Once you had it you just keep the sheet with you. You dont have to send it via webform as the e-medical is sent directly to IRCC by the centre. However you keep that updated medical with you when you enter .