+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation - Applying Visa for Spouse after 1st Rejection

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

My friend had a query which I wanted to get suggestions from anyone who might have face a similar situation.

He applied for a TRV for his wife when he was a student in Canada (He was pursuing his Masters Degree). This was back in September 2013. Her visa was unfortunately rejected on the following reasons:

1. Her Travel History
2. Her Family Ties in Canada and back in her home Country (Pakistan).

He has now graduated and is working on a full time basis. The job he is currently working falls under the NOC Code 2132 "Mechanical Engineers"

She is now planning to apply for her visit visa again. There is a Letter of Explanation slot in the online application. Can you please help in this regard? What should be mentioned in that letter (Reference to previous application, rejection reasons and answering etc etc)

I would be grateful if somebody can help me here.

Thanks.

goaloriented

Sep 21, 2014
Hi, my partner had a similar case. This is only "MY OPINION-am not a lawyer or anything..read at your own risk". You outlined the person was rejected a visa and they had the following issues

1. Her Travel History

..I think is because the A. person may not have an travel history. Meaning they not have left their country before. As a result, there is no basis for them to say they will come back to their home country. I think it would help to travel to countries that she can go without a visa before applying for another Canadian Visa.

Or

B. Her travel history looks has anomaly in it. Meaning, she may overstayed on a previous visit to another country or spending long periods in different countries.Furthermore, she may have been denied visas for other countries (immigration can know, never lie)

2. Her Family Ties in Canada and back in her home Country (Pakistan).
They may have an issue with this because the person might not have a permanent job in their country or at the job long enough..or maybe not children or siblings there. Therefore, if you do not have any of this it looks easy for you to stay in Canada after entering the country. If the person is lacking these "Then it might be better to apply for the OWP from her home country"

3.Letter of Explanation: You can use this to supply additional supporting information that they did not have slots for. You can use to explain your situation, provide supporting documents from you (job letter, bank statements, assets etc) and your husband (letter of invitation,copy of pp, work permit, job letter, bank statements, assets,pay slip, rent agreement)

What you can do is make all the documents into one big "PDF"=>Merge All, not more than 4 gb. You can also compress them. A lot of free software online..google

a. Be honest and passionate in the letter
b. State the when you were denied the visa visitor and the reasons
c. Provide "NEW" circumstances which would cause them not to have a concern in part B. e.g. Now I have a travel history, I have traveled to USA for one week (Dec 1-Dec 7). Provide documents that would like with part b such as Job letters

d. If you were denied for other countries, state, where and why and how you situation have changed.

**NB, if you your situation has not changed, you more than likely will get refused again. The more, you get refused is the more likely you will get refused after..like a loop..Goodluck, I felt bad when I saw the post as we went through this and was successful. I did all I said.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey! Thanks a lot.

One more thing.

Following are the Documents that will be part of her Visa Application now:

1. Her Job Confirmation Letter
2. Her Pay Slips
3. Her Student Enrollment Letter (She is studying in parallel to work and is in her 2nd Last Semester)
4. Her Academic Transcripts
- Letter from the Employer stating that she is only granted leave for 2 weeks and that she has to return after that.
- He is applying for a normal TRV this time for 2 weeks only. Last time he applied for Multiple Entry categorically.
- The hotel stay (he has his Wedding Anniversary coming in between the dates he is applying for the visa so thats the main reason in the Invitation Letter)

5. His Canadian Job Letter (He was a Student when he applied for her previously) The job is in NOC A Code.
6. His Pay Slips from the New Job
7. His Tax Return Forms
8. His Open Work Permit valid for 3 years (He was on a study visa earlier that was expiring in Dec. He applied for the Visa in Sept)

As per Travel History, she cannot possibly have one since she too is working and studying there. The rest in my personal opinion is more refined now.

Would love to hear from you on this.

Thanks again!

Cheers