+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

letter of employment list of duties vs NOC duties

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello ,

I am concerned about the matching of NOC duties vs letter of employment duties.
For the various positioned I had in the past, I know my choice of NOC codes are valid (no other NOC codes meet the listed duties).
However, the % of listed duties in NOC website that matches my listed duties are low, about 33% to 50%.
They do have at least one of 2 duties that resemble very similar to the NOC listed duties (out of 5 or 4).

Is this still ok to submit? I cannot get my duties changed because they literally are the works I performed.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hello ,

I am concerned about the matching of NOC duties vs letter of employment duties.
For the various positioned I had in the past, I know my choice of NOC codes are valid (no other NOC codes meet the listed duties).
However, the % of listed duties in NOC website that matches my listed duties are low, about 33% to 50%.
They do have at least one of 2 duties that resemble very similar to the NOC listed duties (out of 5 or 4).

Is this still ok to submit? I cannot get my duties changed because they literally are the works I performed.
It depends on the NOC itself.
Some occupations have very broad scope and in that case officer would be more flexible.
Also check the. Lead. Statement in the NOC.

Share your NOC and duties if you need more help

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
It depends on the NOC itself.
Some occupations have very broad scope and in that case officer would be more flexible.
Also check the. Lead. Statement in the NOC.

Share your NOC and duties if you need more help
Thank you I guess you are right. Would you be able to please take a look at below description vs my duties?

11103 – Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers
Securities agents and investment dealers buy and sell stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, banks, trust companies, insurance firms and other establishments. Brokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers. They are employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges and other establishments in the securities industry.

• Securities agents and investment dealers
    • Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
    • Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
    • Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
    • Monitor clients' investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
  • Brokers
    • Buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers
    • Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms, pension fund managers and investment company financial analysts
    • Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets
    • Prepare reviews of portfolios' positions.
VS
  • Mine

• Ensure the timely settlement of stock loan transations
  • Analyze issues and liaison with partners in order to rectify any problems that may
  • arise in the settlement process
  • Ensure all contracts are properly indexed in their respective systems
  • Reconcile any discrepancies and provide proper collateral reporting

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
It seems you are involved only into post trading activity and doing market research, making investment strategy and managing client port folio is done by others in your organisation, if that's the case then I don't think you qualify , please correct me if am wrong.

What is stock loan ? And what's the meaning of partners?

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
It seems you are involved only into post trading activity and doing market research, making investment strategy and managing client port folio is done by others in your organisation, if that's the case then I don't think you qualify , please correct me if am wrong.

What is stock loan ? And what's the meaning of partners?
I think I do match this part
  • Buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers
But the rest I am not sure If I match.
Partners mean investment dealers.
Stock loan is the same as stocks

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Wh
I think I do match this part
But the rest I am not sure If I match.
Partners mean investment dealers.
Stock loan is the same as stocks
Which one of your duties match ?

Or

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I am actually very lost, as my former manager would not modify the letter of employment for me..... I do not know what to do
You are at risk of rejection

Can you explain what is settlement of stock. Transactions ?
How it is similar to buying selling on behalf of clients or dealers ?

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
So I carried out stock loan transaction behalf of dealers.
And I adjusted prices and monitored bank's stock loan position to meet the regulation requirements.
And I Adjusted stock loan order to complete the trade of stock loans and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets

I requested my former employer to add those responsibilities but I am not hearing anything back.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
So I carried out stock loan transaction behalf of dealers.
And I adjusted prices and monitored bank's stock loan position to meet the regulation requirements.
And I Adjusted stock loan order to complete the trade of stock loans and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets

I requested my former employer to add those responsibilities but I am not hearing anything back.
Aah ok
So what i suggest is that you prepare a letter of explanation and attach it with your experience letter, also attach email where you asked your employer to add/elaborate those responsibilities.

Letter of explanation should be well drafted with details of your actual duties, do pickup keywords like buying, selling, investment strategy etc etc , i can help you

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Aah ok
So what i suggest is that you prepare a letter of explanation and attach it with your experience letter, also attach email where you asked your employer to add/elaborate those responsibilities.

Letter of explanation should be well drafted with details of your actual duties, do pickup keywords like buying, selling, investment strategy etc etc , i can help you
Thank you for offering help. While I am waiting for my former employer, would you be able to check another list of duties?? I really really appreciate your help and opinion.

• Actuaries - 21210
    • Apply mathematical models to forecast and calculate the probable future costs of insurance and pension benefits
    • Design life, health, and property insurance policies, and calculate premiums, contributions and benefits for insurance policies, and pension and superannuation plans
    • May assist investment fund managers in portfolio asset allocation decisions and risk management. They also use these techniques to provide legal evidence on the value of future earnings.
VS

MINE
  • Use Axis model to calculate future pension benefits liabilities
  • Update Axis model with various mortality assumptions
  • Conduct Mortality experience study
  • Create monthly report on asset and liability

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Thank you for offering help. While I am waiting for my former employer, would you be able to check another list of duties?? I really really appreciate your help and opinion.

• Actuaries - 21210
    • Apply mathematical models to forecast and calculate the probable future costs of insurance and pension benefits
    • Design life, health, and property insurance policies, and calculate premiums, contributions and benefits for insurance policies, and pension and superannuation plans
    • May assist investment fund managers in portfolio asset allocation decisions and risk management. They also use these techniques to provide legal evidence on the value of future earnings.
VS

MINE
  • Use Axis model to calculate future pension benefits liabilities
  • Update Axis model with various mortality assumptions
  • Conduct Mortality experience study
  • Create monthly report on asset and liability
The first point seems to be matching , the other points , you are a better person because to me it's more focused on mortality assumptions, experience study.
Can you tell me which points from your duties and how they are matching?

This is a grey area in Canada immigration, anyways I think here also a LOE is required.

BTW: is this from same employer? What type of company it is ? What were your designations?

emb0510

Feb 21, 2024
Hello, do you think this duties and responsibilities fall in TEER 3 in Administrative Asst? please help! thank you.

Answer incoming calls, determine the purpose of the caller, and forward the call to the appropriate person
Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate boardroom or office
Assist in activating and deactivating security access cards for new and departing staff
Perform other administrative duties as assigned
Ensure that the boardrooms are prepared in advance for meetings.
Assist with processing food orders for meetings and events
Ensure that coffee stations are stocked with the necessary supplies
Ensure that the lunchroom, coffee stations, microwaves and refrigerators are kept clean and tidy
Load/unload dishwashers as needed

May 15, 2024
Thank you I guess you are right. Would you be able to please take a look at below description vs my duties?

11103 – Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers
Securities agents and investment dealers buy and sell stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, banks, trust companies, insurance firms and other establishments. Brokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers. They are employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges and other establishments in the securities industry.

• Securities agents and investment dealers
    • Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
    • Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
    • Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
    • Monitor clients' investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
  • Brokers
    • Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms, pension fund managers and investment company financial analysts
    • Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets
    • Prepare reviews of portfolios' positions.
VS
  • Mine

• Ensure the timely settlement of stock loan transations
  • Analyze issues and liaison with partners in order to rectify any problems that may
  • arise in the settlement process
  • Ensure all contracts are properly indexed in their respective systems
  • Reconcile any discrepancies and provide proper collateral reporting
Hi Guys these are my duties:

 Expanding Business by Sale of Financial Products like Mutual Funds & Insurance.
 Promote sales of Financial Products.
 Assist Clients by proposing Financial goals.
 Promoting online accounts for Online trading.
 Ensure the volume of trade is higher and clients trade online frequently.
 Promoting research calls to increase volume and frequency of trade.
 Recommending and Guiding clients on Investment strategies

Would this make sense with NOC 11103(2021 version)
I am very confused, but most sites and people say it matches NOC 11103.