+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment - Final Draft - Please help with constructive criticism!

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Hi everyone:

As I have mentioned in another post, I am helping my close friend with her CEC application (obviously free of charge) that is supposed to be sent on Friday.

Here is the final (hopefully) version of her letter that I had to edit a little bit since neither her employer nor she understands how it is supposed to be structured... (All I edited was the structure, I did not touch the duties or anything else)

Any criticism? Her NOC code is 1254.

Here it is:

To Whom It May Concern:
ZZZ has been employed by ZZZ Investment Group in the position of research assistant since October 1, 2013 to the present day (December 5, 2014). ZZZ is employed on the Full-Time basis (35 hours per week).
Her yearly salary is CAD 25,000, including two weeks of paid vacation.
Her duties in the position of research assistant include but are not limited to:

• Compile regulatory documents and policies, industry reports, legal opinions, broker research, scientific papers, statistical and data sets for integration into research papers and reports;
• Develop and manage the annual marketing calendar and coordinated marketing programs;
• Design and monitor annual marketing budgets;
• Prepare technical documents and reports on trend analysis;
• Conduct research and develop creative content to bring new business;
• Showcase company’s product at industry conferences and trade shows;
• Process data using special software in order to conduct basic analysis of new trends in support of investment activities (Manage and maintained company’s client list through CRM Sales Force);
• Assist in collection of data and provide information to management and client groups;
• Generated weekly reports for senior management on sales statistics.

Having reviewed the NOC 2011 Occupational Structure, we can confirm that ZZZ has been performing the duties that correspond to those of the NOC 2011 - 1254 group at our company since October 1, 2013 till the present day (December 5, 2014).
If you have any questions or concerns of any sort whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tel. ZZZ
Fax.ZZZ
E-mail.ZZZ

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi - to be honest, I don't think the duties described in the letter fit the NOC (or the salary, average 55,000-65,000)

The first three duties (as written) say "administrative assistant."

If I had to guess at her job title based on the duties, I'd say "marketing assistant" or "marketing coordinator." Unfortunately, I can't find an appropriate NOC for that, apart from the excluded administrative assistant (NOC 1241).

The closest would be either
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/profilequicksearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1123
OR
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4163

But she sounds like an assistant to one of those two... (the salary says that, too). I don't really know what to advise, except - put all the RESEARCH duties at the top of the letter, and consider dropping the non-research duties.

And hope for the best, but understand that the VO might reject the NOC...