+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter explaining the reason of being outside canada?

arizuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Hi
Actually, we got immigration in November,2010. We visited Toronto once and returned back within two months. Luckily all my children got PR cards. We (myself and wife) did not get PR card. Since we do have PR cards, I have applied for 'Travel document to canada'. I am working and living in saudi arabia for the past 2 and 1/2 years. This year (2013), we are planning to move permanently to Canada.

My question, embassy is asking me to submit a letter explaining the reason for being outside canada. I do not understand, what should i write? Please help me.

Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration always ask me similar questions as why I am traveling outside Canada. I used to say something like I was helping out my family business, visiting the dentist, shopping and sight-seeing.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
arizuddin said:
I am working and living in saudi arabia for the past 2 and 1/2 years. This year (2013), we are planning to move permanently to Canada.

My question, embassy is asking me to submit a letter explaining the reason for being outside canada. I do not understand, what should i write? Please help me.
I would suggest telling the truth and saying that you were working in KSA.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just tell the truth. You can also say that you realize that you have only spent 2 months in Canada so far and that you know you must spend 2 years in your first 5 years as a PR and that you will do it but first you need the travel document in order to return.

Veva

Oct 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arizuddin said:
Hi
Thanks all of you for suggestion. Whatever happens, i will tell the truth.

Regards
I am in a similar situation, Do you think that Embassy may refuse issuing the Travel Document???? It is threatening to me...

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Veva said:
I am in a similar situation, Do you think that Embassy may refuse issuing the Travel Document???? It is threatening to me...
If you meet the Residence Obligation (PR for more than 5 years) or can meet the RO (PR less than 5 years) of 730 days of physical presence in Canada then visa office must issue you with a PRTD. If you don't/ can't meet the RO then you can apply for PRTD on Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons e.g. being ill or looking after a sick relative. Absences for education, employment or any other personal lifestyle choices don't count as H&C reasons.