+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Kira14

Nov 16, 2014
Hey guys.. Hoping I can get some advise/help on here. I have an open work permit through IEC which is for 2 years and I have one year remaining on it. I have been working as a nanny on my OWP since I came here one year ago. I don't qualify to apply for perminant residency on my OWP so I'm thinking of changing over to the live in caregiver programme. Is there an option to live out with the programme? Also after I complete 2 years of working as a nanny with this programme can I immediately apply for PR? What is the timeline to getting PR right now? The family I work for will sponsor me but I don't know how to apply from within Canada? (I'm in Ontario) can I change my visa over now or do I have to wait for my OWP to run out before I can start the programme.. I'd really appreciate any help and best of luck to everyone applying :D

cuchipot

Nov 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kira14 said:
Hey guys.. Hoping I can get some advise/help on here. I have an open work permit through IEC which is for 2 years and I have one year remaining on it. I have been working as a nanny on my OWP since I came here one year ago. I don't qualify to apply for perminant residency on my OWP so I'm thinking of changing over to the live in caregiver programme. Is there an option to live out with the programme? Also after I complete 2 years of working as a nanny with this programme can I immediately apply for PR? What is the timeline to getting PR right now? The family I work for will sponsor me but I don't know how to apply from within Canada? (I'm in Ontario) can I change my visa over now or do I have to wait for my OWP to run out before I can start the programme.. I'd really appreciate any help and best of luck to everyone applying :D
Hi Kira14,

If your current employer can sponsor you, do it now. No need to wait for your OWP(through IEC) to expire. You have an option to live-out starting November 30. With your question," Also after I complete 2 years of working as a nanny with this programme can I immediately apply for PR?", it depends what path are you in, childcare or elderly care. But from what you said, you are in Childcare pathways, so you will follow the childcare pathways which are as follows :

"All LMIA that will be approved after November 30, 2014 are the once that are going to be affected by the enhanced caregiver program.

Caregivers that are already in Canada, and still in the program will be processed in the current system.

Caregivers already in Canada can exercise the Live in/Live out option after November 30, 2014

Caregivers that are already in Canada can go to school if they intend to attend the program that will enhance their skills. They need to obtain student permit if they plan to take over 6 months program or Diploma Program. Programs below 6 months does not need student permit.

72 units requirement is still in consideration to enter and apply as caregiver, only under the childcare position. However, when you apply for PR you have to show 1 year diploma so you can be qualified to childcare PR pathway and should pass the benchmark of 5 for language requirement and of course the 24 months child care experience. It is possible to come with 72 units only, but you have to work hard to get a Diploma in any Canadian institution so you can apply for PR. You have four years to comply the requirement so it is a challenge to take on.

Very important: NO ONE is qualified for PR in the beginning of your application as caregiver. Both pathway requires, 24 months of employment, either childcare or elderly care. The 24 months should only be childcare if you are going to apply for childcare pathway, 24 months for elderly care for elderly care pathway . If you started with childcare and earn one year experience then you got elderly care for 1 year, this scenario is not qualified to apply for either of two path way.

GOOD NEWS: PR application in the enhanced program will only take 6 months to process."

Info taken from Pinoy Dreams.

;D

Kira14

Nov 16, 2014
Thank you so much, this information is very helpful. In regards to the one year diploma I would need when applying for PR, I have a FETAC 1 year diploma in Social Care that I got at home in Ireland would this work? If I apply now how long does the application process usually take?

cuchipot

Nov 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kira14 said:
Thank you so much, this information is very helpful. In regards to the one year diploma I would need when applying for PR, I have a FETAC 1 year diploma in Social Care that I got at home in Ireland would this work? If I apply now how long does the application process usually take?
I'm not sure on your 1 yr diploma, but it clearly says "It is possible to come with 72 units only, but you have to work hard to get a Diploma in any Canadian institution so you can apply for PR."
Might as well ask person concerned about it.

And with your question on, "If I apply now how long does the application process usually take?", is it the LMIA you are asking or the PR process? For LMIA, i honestly don't know the processing time for LMIA right now. :D

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I don't have timeline to share. But I have a question since you have submitted your application already. I will be applying for owp and pr on feb 2015, my WP will expire this march 2015. Will the month allowance be ok? Or should I extend my WP first then apply for pr and owp? Thank you,

beau915

Jul 16, 2014
i already received my owp,im still under the same employer under lcp and ive decided to just finish my contract with my employer tll dec 2014.my question is can i work outside the scope of lcp or do i need to terminate my contract under lcp before i venture into other work.ayoko ko lng sumabit kasi mlpit n s finish line eh. :D just wanted to know if i can legally work outside lcp kahit di pa terminated ang lcp contract ko snce nkuha ko mana din ang owp.sideline kumbaga.salamat sa makakasagot.hntay ko muna ang opinions ninyo bago ako mag apply outside.just wanted to be on the right path and within the legal bound of the program.thanks again

thepretender2013

May 11, 2014
beau915 said:
i already received my owp,im still under the same employer under lcp and ive decided to just finish my contract with my employer tll dec 2014.my question is can i work outside the scope of lcp or do i need to terminate my contract under lcp before i venture into other work.ayoko ko lng sumabit kasi mlpit n s finish line eh. :D just wanted to know if i can legally work outside lcp kahit di pa terminated ang lcp contract ko snce nkuha ko mana din ang owp.sideline kumbaga.salamat sa makakasagot.hntay ko muna ang opinions ninyo bago ako mag apply outside.just wanted to be on the right path and within the legal bound of the program.thanks again
if you already have your open work permit, then you can work wherever, whomever you want,including your old employer. You can have as many jobs as you want, hence you can work for another job even if you haven't terminated your contract.

beau915

Jul 16, 2014
thepretender2013 said:
if you already have your open work permit, then you can work wherever, whomever you want,including your old employer. You can have as many jobs as you want, hence you can work for another job even if you haven't terminated your contract.
thanks the pretender for your reply. :D now im cleared on that query of mine.regarding on the SIN.do i need to get a new SIN now that i have my owp? my SIN would be expiring this dec.do i have to wait for it to expire of right after receiving my owp i should have renewed my SIN? thanks again in advance.

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there newbie here. Just sharing timeline...
I have two children dependents. Father of kids is a non accompanying parent.
Date of Arrival: 09/07/2011
Date completed LCP: 04/30/2014
Application Submitted: 10/20/2014
Application received at CIC: 10/23/2014
Letter of Confirmation: 11/17/2014

thepretender2013

May 11, 2014
beau915 said:
thanks the pretender for your reply. :D now im cleared on that query of mine.regarding on the SIN.do i need to get a new SIN now that i have my owp? my SIN would be expiring this dec.do i have to wait for it to expire of right after receiving my owp i should have renewed my SIN? thanks again in advance.
you can go to service canada and have your sin car validity renewed. Actually, you will retain your SIN number ( begins with "9) until the time you obtain PR. You can renew now, or if you are lucky, wait for your PR next month...

sweeti 1

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville , Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 January,2014
AOR Received.
6 February,2014 OWP- April 2014 AIP- 22 June,2014
Interview........
waiting
Hi guys any update?

beau915

Jul 16, 2014
thepretender2013 said:
you can go to service canada and have your sin car validity renewed. Actually, you will retain your SIN number ( begins with "9) until the time you obtain PR. You can renew now, or if you are lucky, wait for your PR next month...
thanks very much thepretender2013..ill go visit service canada in the coming days to renew.

cuchipot

Nov 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Poodle8 said:
Hi I don't have timeline to share. But I have a question since you have submitted your application already. I will be applying for owp and pr on feb 2015, my WP will expire this march 2015. Will the month allowance be ok? Or should I extend my WP first then apply for pr and owp? Thank you,
Hi Poodle8,

I suggest you renew your WP first so you still have a valid status when you file your OWP and PR on Feb. 2015. You can already renew your WP this December, if you want. :D

absolute25

Oct 24, 2011
Hi guys, sent my application for Owp/PR yesterday Nov. 20th 2014 (single)
any ideas how long will it take to process? Thanks!