+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

13LA

Apr 25, 2014
i submitted my PR/OWP last january 22,2014 but still waiting for my OWP.. . i'm already frustrated waiting.. .

Jenil

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
13LA said:
i submitted my PR/OWP last january 22,2014 but still waiting for my OWP.. . i'm already frustrated waiting.. .

It takes 3 to 4 mos.. Im anxious too.. Sent my application feb 14..

gurjit4u

Dec 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I received my OWP today.

My timeline
Application received by cic: january 20,2014
OWP approved: april 15,2014.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Congratulations! !! ;)
@13LA....yours should come next! Don't worry....it depends on the case worker I think. Some are faster than others....unfortunately. It's stressful though : (....but keep the faith.
Xo

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
Hi guys, just a question. I'm about to submit my PR application this May under option 2 (22 months). But my worry is my employer paid my overtime hours with my regular time rate. Will this affect my application? For example, my regular rate is $10/hour and she paid with the same rate for overtime hours. Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance:)

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
What do y mean your regular rate is 10$????
That's not the correct amount. Legally the employer has to pay you 10.86$ in 2014...2013 it was 10.76$ I think.
And overtime she has to pay y after 44hrs 1 1/2 more.

I applied under option 2 too...are y gonna include overtime to reach 3900hrs or can y reach them without it?
I have 3920 hrs without overtime.

I don't know how it works if y didn't get paid the right wages, sorry. Wish I could help.
Y might have to call CIC and ask them or find s.o in this forum who knows more. I think a person called jobseeker knows a lot here.

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
@ blackeyes28 again...
say is your overtime declared on your payslips???
Whatever you use to apply...hours and pay have to be proven with payslips and T4 and option c printout.
Another person y could ask is canadavisa13....I think.
hope y get everything right ;

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
13LA said:
Hi say any news about your opw yet??
Hope cic isn't slowing down :eek:.
x

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
@cfbebe- yes $10/hour is my regular rate, I know it's below the minimum wage but it's too late before I found out I was being paid below the minimum wage of caregivers. I badly needed those overtime hours to complete my 3,900 hours under option 2. Good thing is, she declared it in my payslips and paid my taxes. I'm just really worried about it. Thank you for your input.

marynanu

May 8, 2013
Hi girls (and boys?)! I've applied for OWP and PR 3 days ago. They got my papers today -May,7! So, I'm going to wait for any news now. Whan, do you think, will they send me the e-mail? So existing!

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/caregiver/#tab3

Mhm blackeyes....i think that is a problem to be honest and illegal. She can't pay less than the government ask for!!!
To apply y must follow the set rules under the live in caregiver program and fullfill the requirements ( including right pay) so by not paying the right amount she isn't. Y really should call CIC and talk to them. she paid ur taxes but not the right amount.
I put y a link so y can check it out...read section 3 wages. She is required by the law to adjust your pay! The wages has changes 3x since 2012.

So y have been working for her than 22months for 10$ an hour???

I don't want to scare y or upset y but this is a serious breach of the requirements of your employer. I m very sorry to hear y being abused like this....it's so wrong! I suggest y call CIC and check with them...she might would have to pay the differences etc. And hopefully it gives y still the right to apply.
x

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
marynanu said:
Hi girls (and boys?)! I've applied for OWP and PR 3 days ago. They got my papers today -May,7! So, I'm going to wait for any news now. Whan, do you think, will they send me the e-mail? So existing!
[/quote

Hi welcome.
yes y should receive an email by cic saying tgey received your application, which means s.o started to open ur file : )!
It differs from person to person. ..for some it only took a couple of days and some 2-3 weeks like me.
OPW takes an average of 3 months now : )!
x