+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
@Yen27!
Thanks for your message! I have a feeling that your application is coming on your way.
You can call Cic also for follow up. Thanks

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
@danielyn!
thanks for your reply! I'm just wondering why they asked you to submit your daughters baptismal & school records. I thought only dependant child whose 18 years old are required to have that. In my own thoughts, probably it's only part of their background check. As long as you comply with everything that they need, everything will be okay for you and your families application for Pr. We are all waiting & hope for the best!

danielyn

Oct 22, 2009
My daughter's birth certificate was late registered thats why they asked. Also, it says in the letter for children between 6 and 17, submit baptismal and school record. For 18 and over, they ask for voter's affidavit.

Fox Luna

Jul 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

Anyone here knows how long is the processing of PR for single Live in caregiver upon passing the application of OPW/PR? I am in Edmonton Alberta. My co live in caregiver / Filipino nurses in Vancouver got their PR already. From the time they got their OPW, it took exactly 5 months then they have received their PR. I do not have any idea how long in Edmonton, Alberta. Anyone with info...please?
I have passed my OWP/PR application on Oct 2014 and got a letter from CIC that they have received it on Nov 2014. I have received my OWP on Jan 2015. No updates on the PR yet.. I was expecting I will receive it last month..sob.. Ang hirap pag hindi pa PR. Mahal ang tuition fee.. Nobody helps internationally educated nurses when they have not received their PR yet.

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi frnds
I need advice ...are we able to apply for renew of open work permit ? One of my frnd need to apply but we are confuse about it ...can you help us ..her work permit will going to be expire in aug2015. She complete her four year ..Is the new rule four-in four-out apply on us too or not ?
Thank you

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fox Luna said:
Hi everyone,

Anyone here knows how long is the processing of PR for single Live in caregiver upon passing the application of OPW/PR? I am in Edmonton Alberta. My co live in caregiver / Filipino nurses in Vancouver got their PR already. From the time they got their OPW, it took exactly 5 months then they have received their PR. I do not have any idea how long in Edmonton, Alberta. Anyone with info...please?
I have passed my OWP/PR application on Oct 2014 and got a letter from CIC that they have received it on Nov 2014. I have received my OWP on Jan 2015. No updates on the PR yet.. I was expecting I will receive it last month..sob.. Ang hirap pag hindi pa PR. Mahal ang tuition fee.. Nobody helps internationally educated nurses when they have not received their PR yet.
Can't answer your question as to how long the process will be because every case is different. As with professional upgrading, here in BC, we have a body that helps international graduates. They'd actually help you pay exams such as IELTS and other examinations for upgrade. I think at least 2/3 of the actual amount. They are called skillsconnect. Website might say it's for immigrants but when you phone them, they cater to individuals who have open work permits. You might want to check that out there if you have that same program/people who helps newcomers.

Fox Luna

Jul 18, 2013
thank you Princess Kiusta! I think we have a similar body that helps internationally educated professionals, not just in healthcare. I think the name is BREDIN -Bredin Centre for Learning in Alberta. The problem is before they would help those with open work permits. They changed the policy recently and decided to help those who are in PR status or at least can prove that their documents are in process. They are asking for a new UCI number. I cried on the phone when they told me this, and I was very desperate. It saddens me that I have to beg for them to help me. But they were strict and they just let me vent out over the phone. It was a crazy experience.. I hope nobody will experience anything like that in the future.

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I have a question, is there a case here that the father of your child does not want to sign the custody papers? You are not married to the father and that you have no intention of including him in your PR application. A friend of mine consulted a lawyer in the Philippines but is just way too expensive, they're charging 120kphp - just atty fee. Any advice please.... Thanks!

julia_ua

Oct 9, 2014
Guys, how do you contact CiC by phone? Which menu number do you choose? I couldn't reach them for change of address, they have so many calls that do not even connect you to the agents anymore...
I need to change my residential address while PR is in process and I tried twice online in past months but changes were never reflected in my online application.
At least I am happy my mailing address is still correct one in case they need to send smth.

julia_ua

Oct 9, 2014
Aha! I was able to reach them through Caregiver line. That is good. Apparently they have all information updated but it does not always show correct info on My application on-line.
So all good.
Lets wait everybody)))) Patience.... patience... heh....

Jenil

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
I called cic in january and was asked to call after march 12, and then when i call after march 12, they told to call again after april 12 if i didnt receive updates, today April 15 i called again and guess what??????????

CALL AGAIN BY APRIL 12, 2016... What the FFFFFF....

Forgive me God

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jenil said:
I called cic in january and was asked to call after march 12, and then when i call after march 12, they told to call again after april 12 if i didnt receive updates, today April 15 i called again and guess what??????????

CALL AGAIN BY APRIL 12, 2016... What the FFFFFF....

Forgive me God
Is that for real? They told you to phone April of next year? OMG...

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Poodle8 said:
Hi! I have a question, is there a case here that the father of your child does not want to sign the custody papers? You are not married to the father and that you have no intention of including him in your PR application. A friend of mine consulted a lawyer in the Philippines but is just way too expensive, they're charging 120kphp - just atty fee. Any advice please.... Thanks!
That is ridiculously expensive. My friend's attorney only asked 20Kphp for the whole custody thing. She waited for 5 long years tho.