+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lets share timelines 2013 Live in caregiver PR/OPW Applicants

clairelyza

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Arev said:
Just landed Oct. 8 here in Calgary. The questions were easy and quick. They handed me my Confirmation of PR & passport and left the building happily! So glad and thankful!

After that day I brought my Confirmation of PR & passport to Service Canada and was trying to get a newly updated SIN. I thought they will not give me because I don't have my PR card yet, but I got it!!! So I have my new SIN now...
Btw, I was surprised to know that since March 2014 there's no more SIN "card", it is now on a "piece of paper"!

To my excitement, I already booked a ticket for my family on February next year because there's a Seat Sale at Nippon Travel, so I just grabbed it.

My E-file or ECAS status: COMPLETE!

God bless & Good luck to everyone here!
Congratulations....have you tried nippon air before the fair is so cheap just wondering if its good and seats are comfy its just the connection sometimes sucks takes forever to wait.

Arev

Oct 24, 2013
clairelyza said:
Congratulations....have you tried nippon air before the fair is so cheap just wondering if its good and seats are comfy its just the connection sometimes sucks takes forever to wait.
Hi!
Nippon Travel (travel agency) offered my family flight according to my preference..They will take Cathay Pacific (manila-hongkong) & Air Canada (hongkong-vancouver-calgary), not with Nippon Air......the connections and waiting time given are okay...they will give you options...

Nippon Travel does not mean you will take Nippon Air...

Have a great weekend!

margaux

Star Member
Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/OWP applied: Feb. 2013; OWP Rec'd:May 2013
Doc's Request.
AIP & Docs Req : May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
PR approval & PPR 2/12/15
LANDED..........
Apr. 9, 2015
Congratulations Freedomsong and Arev! Hopefully we're next :)

Thank you for sharing your applic updates.

clairelyza

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Arev said:
Hi!
Nippon Travel (travel agency) offered my family flight according to my preference..They will take Cathay Pacific (manila-hongkong) & Air Canada (hongkong-vancouver-calgary), not with Nippon Air......the connections and waiting time given are okay...they will give you options...

Nippon Travel does not mean you will take Nippon Air...

Have a great weekend!

Oh i see i thought that was nippon air....

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Arev said:
Just landed Oct. 8 here in Calgary. The questions were easy and quick. They handed me my Confirmation of PR & passport and left the building happily! So glad and thankful!

After that day I brought my Confirmation of PR & passport to Service Canada and was trying to get a newly updated SIN. I thought they will not give me because I don't have my PR card yet, but I got it!!! So I have my new SIN now...
Btw, I was surprised to know that since March 2014 there's no more SIN "card", it is now on a "piece of paper"!

To my excitement, I already booked a ticket for my family on February next year because there's a Seat Sale at Nippon Travel, so I just grabbed it.

congrats! I landed pr in calgary, too! but i waited for my pr card for sin update. now that my pr card arrived, service canada cannot validate it electronically so i have to fill-up a paper application and wait for my updated sin in the mail!!! urgh!!!! :(

My E-file or ECAS status: COMPLETE!

God bless & Good luck to everyone here!

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
relaxgurl said:
@ Arev congrats on receiving pr hope your family come soon... @ Julsen wd just have to pray I know the feeling of frustration. Happy thanksgiving weekend to all. For all those who have recently landed congrats n those waiting keep the faith. Maybe we could we could start sharing landing stories abt our family n stay positive. And if they manage to get jobs fast.
@ relaxgurl, very frustrating indeed! AMEN to that! Thanks relaxgurl:)

Strawberry28

May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
June 2014 LC2 Docs sent 2 CPCV-7/14/14 Med's rcvd-ecas Jul 18,14 LC2 docs rcvd by cic July 17 Add'l docs sent April 7,15; Med Re-assessment done Oct 12,15
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
Freedomsong said:
Hi everyone! I hope that this post will shed a glimmer of hope on the otherwise dismal immigration landscape. As it is right now, I expected much more progress at this point with regards to all 2013 applicants. The inconsistencies with processing times have proved unbearable for many of us. What happened to the promises of family re-unification? I am hoping and praying that CIC will release all those who have been waiting in order for the business of putting lives back together to begin.

On that note, I am happy and feel blessed to say that after 4 years of waiting, my hubby landed in Toronto on Friday, 10th of October. I have updated my timeline to that effect. Congrats to those who have landed and have been re-united so far! The hard work continues. To those still waiting... keep the faith, with God's help, it will all be over soon!

CONGRATS TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY! :D I'm praying ours will come next, the PPR & confirmation... to us 2013, hoping to see more good news/visas before christmas.

piggyoinkoink

Jun 26, 2014
shout out to all 2013 app ...any news yet? i did medicals april 04 2014 till now no news yet :( just called now still on process waiting for final decision daw and take a little while pa daw :( haysss but im happy callcenter i talked to is so nice out of all i talked to shes only one whoshowed empathy for me she said i understand all of u and wish u goodluck in ur app .all i wish now to get news before xmas or hopefully before our medical expired in a year ....and don sa changes ng pagtawag they are sayibg app prox processing time under lic is 2 mons ....sgro for singles nga un...

Strawberry28

May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
June 2014 LC2 Docs sent 2 CPCV-7/14/14 Med's rcvd-ecas Jul 18,14 LC2 docs rcvd by cic July 17 Add'l docs sent April 7,15; Med Re-assessment done Oct 12,15
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
piggyoinkoink said:
shout out to all 2013 app ...any news yet? i did medicals april 04 2014 till now no news yet :( just called now still on process waiting for final decision daw and take a little while pa daw :( haysss but im happy callcenter i talked to is so nice out of all i talked to shes only one whoshowed empathy for me she said i understand all of u and wish u goodluck in ur app .all i wish now to get news before xmas or hopefully before our medical expired in a year ....and don sa changes ng pagtawag they are sayibg app prox processing time under lic is 2 mons ....sgro for singles nga un...
Hi piggyoinkoink!!! NO NEWS on my side yet. I seldom post these past few days... anyway hopefully before our medical expire our visas will be on hand already. I remember, it was almost 2 years ago... a not so close friend... her LC2 received the visas, i mean delivered on their doorstep, 2 weeks before the medical will expire. So they don't have any choice but to leave 3 days before expiring. Her children had taken an advance final exams because classes were almost over. If i'm not mistaken they were given few months expiry of visas with the condition that the LC2 medicals were not expired before they landed Canada. Instead of spending again then they decided to leave at once.

Hopefully wag na maulit iyon ... either give us few weeks but not just 2 or 3 to at least prepare and book a flight w/o rushing or give us the visas before christmas'14 would be the best. right? ;D :D ;D

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
update here...2months since pr interview and lc2 passport hasn't been returned yet...c",)

piggyoinkoink

Jun 26, 2014
hi strawberry ..wow may instance pala na pwede mngyare yon well tnnong ko sa agent if ever abutan tyo expiration med sbi nila ieextend nmn daw nla ..pero tama ka sna nmn wag na nla paabutin pa ng exxpirtion ng medical ntn db kc halos lahat tyo ngmedical na kahit 2014 wid dep pnpgmdical nla as early as now soooo sgro calculated na nla yan na dpt mtapos process bgo maexpired ed ntn .. im always praying everyny kht ndi pa visa this yr approvalan lang as xmas gift nla sobrang saya kona kc assurance un na ok n tlga tyo kht first quarter ng 2015 ok lang atleaat dmting ako jan spring letsss all prayyyy ...ddting dn tyo sa finish line in god's perfect time ..and thanks strawberry sa positivw vibes kasi kanina sad ako eh pero noow ndi na smasama tyo till end ng waiting jpurnwy na itoh :)

piggyoinkoink

Jun 26, 2014
just a repost from fb thread :)

Reynald arellano : my friend got her ppr yesterday after waiting 6yrs. ....
1year of waiting after medixal they gicer her ppr before their medical expired this nov 2014 she is april 2010 app...

a
@ strawberry just like what happened to ur friend ... well atleast wag nalang sna nla hhayaan na maexpire un med ntn masaya nako don ;) more ppr pls atleast ngrrelease sla everyweek almost everyday na starting ngayon oct :)

Strawberry28

May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
@ piggyoinkoink

Yes! PPR/confirmation and Lc1 schedule for interview before Christmas would be great... then visas before our medical expire... i will also be contented and happy with that already... ;D

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi everyone,
Finally got am email from CIC back home( they were meant to send me the medical request forms since June).\the email is actually addressed to my dependent son and states thus:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Following the application in Canada of the principal applicant in your case, an immigration file has now been
opened for you at our office.
In order to continue processing your application, the following documents must be submitted at our office for
yourself and each of your dependants, as applicable:
Applicants for permanent residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada
(IMM0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to
generate 2D barcodes before printing.
Please visit the website to complete the necessary forms, validate, print, date and sign:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/3998-temp.asp
 Completed Application forms for Permanent Residence in Canada. The necessary forms are attached
(IMM0008 and Schedule 1, IMM5046).
 Please read the instructions on the forms carefully; every dependant on your application must
fill out the appropriate forms.
 If any of your relatives are Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada, include their
name, address, and relationship to you in the appropriate space.
 If a question on any of the enclosed forms does not apply to you, reply "N/A".
 Short-form birth certificate (document issued immediately after birth).
 Copy of your valid travel document.
 Four (4) passport photographs (identified on the back by name and date of birth), with a white
background for yourself and all your dependent children, whether they are to accompany you or not.
 School transcripts and all available school documents for all dependents.
 Police Clearance certificate for all applicants over the age of 18.
 Baptism certificate(s) for all applicants (if applicable)
 Copies of all available government issued identity cards and driver’s licence for all applicants when
applicable.
 Proof of the relationship between yourself and your family member in Canada:- 2 -
 Evidence of ongoing communication ( including not limited to emails, letters,
telephone bills, financial support),
 Photographs taken together
 Copy of the school register extract, endorsed by the school, for children
 Evidence of past cohabitation between you and your family member in Canada (e.g.
Lease, mortgage, car ownership or insurance, joint bank statements etc.)
 Full copy of the Personal Information Form (PIF) from the family member in Canada
(including basis on claim narrative)
 Any additional supporting evidence to support relationship and / or identity
 Spouse questionnaire (IMM5490)
Note that a failure to include any relevant document may cause delays in the processing of your file.

I understand that i will be filling this on behalf of my son (minor). I wonder though, does the medical request letter come after i have submitted the required documents? I would have assumed that at this stage, I would be getting information on going about the medicals.
Did everyone else receive this before the medical request?

Thanks for your help

anie

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Julsen said:
Hi everyone,
Finally got am email from CIC back home( they were meant to send me the medical request forms since June).\the email is actually addressed to my dependent son and states thus:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Following the application in Canada of the principal applicant in your case, an immigration file has now been
opened for you at our office.
In order to continue processing your application, the following documents must be submitted at our office for
yourself and each of your dependants, as applicable:
Applicants for permanent residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada
(IMM0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to
generate 2D barcodes before printing.
Please visit the website to complete the necessary forms, validate, print, date and sign:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/3998-temp.asp
 Completed Application forms for Permanent Residence in Canada. The necessary forms are attached
(IMM0008 and Schedule 1, IMM5046).
 Please read the instructions on the forms carefully; every dependant on your application must
fill out the appropriate forms.
 If any of your relatives are Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada, include their
name, address, and relationship to you in the appropriate space.
 If a question on any of the enclosed forms does not apply to you, reply "N/A".
 Short-form birth certificate (document issued immediately after birth).
 Copy of your valid travel document.
 Four (4) passport photographs (identified on the back by name and date of birth), with a white
background for yourself and all your dependent children, whether they are to accompany you or not.
 School transcripts and all available school documents for all dependents.
 Police Clearance certificate for all applicants over the age of 18.
 Baptism certificate(s) for all applicants (if applicable)
 Copies of all available government issued identity cards and driver's licence for all applicants when
applicable.
 Proof of the relationship between yourself and your family member in Canada:- 2 -
 Evidence of ongoing communication ( including not limited to emails, letters,
telephone bills, financial support),
 Photographs taken together
 Copy of the school register extract, endorsed by the school, for children
 Evidence of past cohabitation between you and your family member in Canada (e.g.
Lease, mortgage, car ownership or insurance, joint bank statements etc.)
 Full copy of the Personal Information Form (PIF) from the family member in Canada
(including basis on claim narrative)
 Any additional supporting evidence to support relationship and / or identity
 Spouse questionnaire (IMM5490)
Note that a failure to include any relevant document may cause delays in the processing of your file.

I understand that i will be filling this on behalf of my son (minor). I wonder though, does the medical request letter come after i have submitted the required documents? I would have assumed that at this stage, I would be getting information on going about the medicals.
Did everyone else receive this before the medical request?

Thanks for your help
Congrates Julsen that you finally received the MR for your son.I am still waiting......