Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
Bubblesandme said:
This is very informative, thanks! I was very anxious to get that AOR. Btw, do you have dependents in your application?
yah dont worry much about AOR as long as you knew they receive your application you should be fine ... mine i was so worried because i sent mine via regular mail i cannot track my mail so feel relieved when i called them and confirm they got my application.

right now i am single but i am coming home thiis october to get married ..then i will add my spouse on my pr application :) already inquired to cic and they told me what to do :D

just keep praying time flies :)

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutepinay said:
yah dont worry much about AOR as long as you knew they receive your application you should be fine ... mine i was so worried because i sent mine via regular mail i cannot track my mail so feel relieved when i called them and confirm they got my application.

right now i am single but i am coming home thiis october to get married ..then i will add my spouse on my pr application :) already inquired to cic and they told me what to do :D

just keep praying time flies :)
Thank you! And congratulations in advance! :) I pray everything will be smooth... It's not easy to be a caregiver especially be in a close contract...

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Hi, regarding the requirement for PR application, I have a birth certificate which is in my native language, not English. I have already had this certificate translated in English and the (home country) consulate verifies it with a stamp on the original translation stating that the translation is true. My question is : do I have to send the original translation or the copy of the translation? If I have to send the original, do you think I can have it back once the processing for PR is done?
I went back to my home country for 4 weeks in January 2013 so I wait another month longer before submitting my application. In fact I wait longer than one month due to the delay in getting my police clearance done from my home country. When you are on vacation, it's considered that you are not working. So, regarding pay stubs, I just need to send the pay stubs for the at least the 24months I am working in Canada. Am I right?

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
dna said:
Hi, regarding the requirement for PR application, I have a birth certificate which is in my native language, not English. I have already had this certificate translated in English and the (home country) consulate verifies it with a stamp on the original translation stating that the translation is true. My question is : do I have to send the original translation or the copy of the translation? If I have to send the original, do you think I can have it back once the processing for PR is done?
I went back to my home country for 4 weeks in January 2013 so I wait another month longer before submitting my application. In fact I wait longer than one month due to the delay in getting my police clearance done from my home country. When you are on vacation, it's considered that you are not working. So, regarding pay stubs, I just need to send the pay stubs for the at least the 24months I am working in Canada. Am I right?
Photo copy's are fine as per document checklist...
Do not send original documents of the following as they will not be returned. Photocopies do not need to be certified.

What language should my supporting documentation be in?

Unless instructed otherwise by a CIC employee, all supporting documentation must be:

in English or French; or
If it is not in English or French, it must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified photocopy of the original document.

mat19

Aug 25, 2013
I am filling out my PR application and application to change, extend, remain (open work visa). Page 1 Question 3 "I am applying for..." which one or more do I have to choose? Page 2 "Coming to Canada" question 4 the document number for work permit as there are so many numbers which one do I have to choose. Page 3 Details of intended work question 5 Duration of expected employment - I will continue to work for the same employer but I do not know for how long, do I guess a date or choose the same ending date as my live- in caregiver work permit, also the from date is since I started or from the time I am applying now? Thank you!

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
cutepinay said:
hello guys just want to share my happiness and good news ...called CIC and agent confirmed to me my application is approved !!!!! ;D yeheyyy ..thank god after all the worries and headache ...here is my timeline :

Application sent : May 19 2013
CIC received : May 23, 2013
note that i didnt get any AOR
OWP approved: August 21, 2013

agent told me its on the mail yesterday :D

good luck everyone .... ^_^ god bless and to all who recently passed their application always pray and time flies you dont know your owp will be in your hands too :D
Congratulations cutepinay!
Thanks for sharing your timeline. And a big AMEN to the time flying:). Waiting is never easy.
I recently sent in my application and canada post says it was received last Friday. I will give CIC a call tomorrow to confirm that my application has been received.

Wishing you all the best.
God bless:)

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
cutepinay said:
hello guys just want to share my happiness and good news ...called CIC and agent confirmed to me my application is approved !!!!! ;D yeheyyy ..thank god after all the worries and headache ...here is my timeline :

Application sent : May 19 2013
CIC received : May 23, 2013
note that i didnt get any AOR
OWP approved: August 21, 2013

agent told me its on the mail yesterday :D

good luck everyone .... ^_^ god bless and to all who recently passed their application always pray and time flies you dont know your owp will be in your hands too :D
Also, i noticed on your timeline that you applied for TRV. Please how do i go about this? is there a website or link i can use? Someone informed me that i should use the US website, i noticed you used Ottawa. I just want to be sure and do the right thing.My TRV expired in June.I'm hoping to visit home next year.

Thanks for your help.
God bless.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
mat19 said:
I am filling out my PR application and application to change, extend, remain (open work visa). Page 1 Question 3 "I am applying for..." which one or more do I have to choose? Page 2 "Coming to Canada" question 4 the document number for work permit as there are so many numbers which one do I have to choose. Page 3 Details of intended work question 5 Duration of expected employment - I will continue to work for the same employer but I do not know for how long, do I guess a date or choose the same ending date as my live- in caregiver work permit, also the from date is since I started or from the time I am applying now? Thank you!
First welcome to the forum. I suggest you prepare gathering your requirements 2-3 months before intended submission of pr/OWP. use same form put "open work permit" on the top of the form. Put "n/a". Details of work put "open work permit" or simple n/a. Duration of work put up to your passport expiry. Doesn't matter if you still work or not to your same employer. Hope it helps.

Julsen said:
Also, i noticed on your timeline that you applied for TRV. Please how do i go about this? is there a website or link i can use? Someone informed me that i should use the US website, i noticed you used Ottawa. I just want to be sure and do the right thing.My TRV expired in June.I'm hoping to visit home next year.

Thanks for your help.
God bless.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Follow document list (applicant in Canada) send to Ottawa.

mat19

Aug 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your response WSONGOCO. It's very helpful and this forum is very useful. Thanks a lot! But I still need help with - Page 2 "Coming to Canada" question 4- " The document number for work permit" as there are so many numbers and I do not know which one to choose. Thanks everybody for the help!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Coming into Canada

Question 1
Provide the date and the place where you first entered in Canada

Question 2
Indicate the purpose of your original visit:
Business
Tourism
Study
Work
Other (medical visit, transit, etc.)
If you choose "Other" in question 1a), provide details.
Question 3
Provide the date and the place of your recent entry to Canada

Question 4
Provide the document number of your most recent Visitor Record, study or work permit.

I thinks it's the number printed upper right side of the wp start with a letter U and 9 digits. Or better yet call cic for confirmation.

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
Julsen said:

Thanks for your help.
God bless.
hello thank you for your congrats hehe :) where in canada are you from ? and i dont have any idea about the USA website ? and yes i applied on Ottawa... :) because i am coming home this NOvember... here is the link of the forms and how you apply to for your TRV... noticed also that i only applied for a single entry which is only 75$ since my passport is about to expire on may 2014..so while im on vacation to Philippines i will renew my passport there..so if your passport still have more years of validity i would suggest you apply for a multiple entry which is 150$

here is the link and please note choose the document checklist - Applicants IN Canada -IMM 5721...

because there is 2 checklist there the other one is for applicants outside canada which is kinda different that in that checklist like they are requiring proof of funds etc....

and then send it here:

CPP – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

they processed my papers about 2 mons from the time i sent it ..(due to strike so it slowed down) but usually it only take around a month :D good luck :D

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
wsongco said:
First welcome to the forum. I suggest you prepare gathering your requirements 2-3 months before intended submission of pr/OWP. use same form put "open work permit" on the top of the form. Put "n/a". Details of work put "open work permit" or simple n/a. Duration of work put up to your passport expiry. Doesn't matter if you still work or not to your same employer. Hope it helps.

Follow document list (applicant in Canada) send to Ottawa.
Thanks so much wsongco :D
God bless.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
cutepinay said:
hello thank you for your congrats hehe :) where in canada are you from ? and i dont have any idea about the USA website ? and yes i applied on Ottawa... :) because i am coming home this NOvember... here is the link of the forms and how you apply to for your TRV... noticed also that i only applied for a single entry which is only 75$ since my passport is about to expire on may 2014..so while im on vacation to Philippines i will renew my passport there..so if your passport still have more years of validity i would suggest you apply for a multiple entry which is 150$

here is the link and please note choose the document checklist - Applicants IN Canada -IMM 5721...

because there is 2 checklist there the other one is for applicants outside canada which is kinda different that in that checklist like they are requiring proof of funds etc....

and then send it here:

CPP – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

they processed my papers about 2 mons from the time i sent it ..(due to strike so it slowed down) but usually it only take around a month :D good luck :D
Thanks for your reply cutepinay:)
I'm in Toronto. My passport doesn't expire till 2015 so i guess i may apply for the multiple entry.
Thanks so much for the info:).
God bless,

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
Julsen said:
Thanks for your reply cutepinay:)
I'm in Toronto. My passport doesn't expire till 2015 so i guess i may apply for the multiple entry.
Thanks so much for the info:).
God bless,
no problem :D best of luck ;D

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
CutePinay where did you send your application for OPW and PR?