+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
halifaxhaha said:
I applied online oct 15. Havnt head anything yet. Blank updated 2 two times but nothing changed. help``````

Halifaxhaha,

You should probably contact your local MP and let them contact CIC on your behalf . A lot of people on this forum seems to get positive results by doing so.

Best Wishes.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Got email notification today. I did MBA a one year program from Canada and they gave me a PGWP for one year only. I would go for my wife's SOWP flagpoling could I ask them to change my work permit to a three year one during flagpoling? I have PNP nomination and have already applied to CIC awaiting AOR. My other friends got a 3 year work permit. I am currently on a contract job with my contract expiring on 21st March 17

halifaxhaha

Mar 3, 2016
Tnh said:
Halifaxhaha,

You should probably contact your local MP and let them contact CIC on your behalf . A lot of people on this forum seems to get positive results by doing so.

Best Wishes.
Dont understand why CIC delayed so many cases in this two years.

king1990

Feb 22, 2016
Hey guy,
My restoration of Postgraduate work permit got rejected for following reason :
After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
apply for the work permit while still in possession of a valid study permit. As your study permit
expired on 2015-03-30
, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.

I updated my application through CSE by paying $150 for renewal of study permit. And CIC rejected my update saying that my renewal of study permit was not required for my application. Hence, I over paid the fee and they couldn't update my documents. This reply was given to Member of parliament representative too, by CIC.

I am already pursuing the immigration lawyer in Toronto. Please advise me if possible.

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline:
Applied online November 11th
Blank updates: twice
Approved: February 25th
Delivery: Today

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
king1990 said:
Hey guy,
After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they
apply for the work permit while still in possession of a valid study permit. As your study permit
expired on 2015-03-30
, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.

I updated my application through CSE by paying $150 for renewal of study permit. And CIC rejected my update saying that my renewal of study permit was not required for my application. Hence, I over paid the fee and they couldn't update my documents. This reply was given to Member of parliament representative too, by CIC.

I am already pursuing the immigration lawyer in Toronto. Please advise me if possible.
You must have valid study permit when you submitting your PGWP application. You cannot pay $150 through CSE to renew your study permit because you have to submit another application for study permit renewal. As you are not renew your study permit on time, you may lost the chance to get your PGWP.

ss1122

Apr 27, 2015
Hi Guys: Please help. I need to fill form IMM 1295.
There is one Q.
Details of my Prospective employer
a) Name of Employer (If you are employed by a foreign employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here)

As I have been offered job by Canadian Employer, shall I write Not Applicable on above query or write my Canadian employer name? Confused.
All who have filled IMM 1295 help please !! 8) 8)

ss1122

Apr 27, 2015
Hi Guys: Please help. I need to fill form IMM 1295.
There is one Q.
Details of my Prospective employer
a) Name of Employer (If you are employed by a foreign employer who has been awarded a contract to provide services to a Canadian entity, please identify the foreign employer here)

As I have been offered job by Canadian Employer, shall I write Not Applicable on above query or write my Canadian employer name? Confused.
All who have filled IMM 1295 help please !! 8) 8)

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
king1990 said:
Hey guy,
expired on 2015-03-30

king1990,please what exactly do you mean by "restoration of work permit"?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Applied on Nov 22 2015
Approved on Mar 3 2016
Waiting for Delivery

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
king1990 said:
Hey guy,
expired on 2015-03-30

King1990,

As I always say, the rule of thumb to any TR application is to have valid status.

1- IRCC didn't see that you had valid student status (valid SP).
2- A PGWP cannot be restored. It can only be extended in cases where the applicant was eligible for a certain duration on their PGWP but their passport was about to expire. In cases like these, applicants are advised to first renew their passport, then reapply to extend the PGWP upto the duration (date) they were eligible for.

To fully understand your situation, ask yourself these simple questions:
a) When did I receive a confirmation letter from my DLI stating that I have completed my program and will graduate? In other words check for the date on that document.
OR the date your Official transcript was printed.

b) When did my SP expire? Did I apply after it expired?
c) When did I apply for a PGWP?
d) Did I apply within 90 days of receiving a confirmation letter from my DLI?
e) When did IRCC confirm the receipt of my application?

If your answer to b) and d) is Yes and No respectively, then let your lawyer take charge.

Cheers and Good luck!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NextDoor said:
Hi everyone,

I wanna share my experience, since the processing time is very long now, i suppose some applicants may have faced CIC's unfair/unreasonable treatment, like I had :'(. Here's how I solved my problem and get my PGWP back.

I submitted my PGWP application on June last year online, and CIC refused it on Dec, due to without receiving the $100 open work permit holder fee (When I applied it, the option was missing, and CIC asked me just to wait for the payment request letter from them, but after 6 months, they refused my application without sending me the payment request letter.).

I did transfer the $100 on Oct., even still haven't got the email from them, but they refused to accept the money, and kept insisting that I only have to pay after received that email.

I called CIC to let them know they didn't send me any email, shouldn't refuse my application directly, since they do offer that email to other applicants. But they don't care, they said the only way I can do is to apply for restoration, which means I have to pay all fees again+ $200 restoration fee.

It's vary unfair, so I went Federal Court and applied for Judicial Review, but at the mean time, I applied for restoration as well.

Now, I have got the settlement letter from CIC's lawyer.

Just let everyone knows, if CIC refused your applications, due to their own problem. Judicial Review will be your another choice, and it will be faster then applying for restoration (cause the processing time is ridiculously long now).

You can cancel your second application (the one for restoration), if they haven't worked on it, you can get your money back.

BTW, I didn't find a lawyer to help me to apply for judicial review , I presented myself, so only costs me $50, and your visa refuse record will be deleted as will.
NextDoor,

I Just wanted to congratulate you and to say thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad things worked out and commend you for applying for a judicial review.

Cheers!

catchgurl

Mar 6, 2016
hello everyone,

Hope everything went well for all you guys today, just need some ideas from anyone of you.
I am PNP nominated now SINP said I need to forward my PR application to CIC but my Question is,
Can i submit /forward my PR appication to CIC even if I didn't passed the english language test yet from my first attemp?

Please give some ideas.

Thanks..