+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayay said:
Finally got my 3 year work permit through flag polling.

I had done two different 1 year post graduate programs (one from humber another from georgebrown) and graduated in December 2015. My study permit is to expire on 30 March 2016. As soon as I graduated, after getting all the documents (transcripts and confirmation of graduation) I applied online for my pgwp in the first week of Jan 2016 and returned to my home country (Pakistan) for vacations. Came back last week and landed at Pearson International. I asked from the immigration if I can apply for my pgwp and how flagpoling works. They told me that they cant process my pgwp as I was coming from outside NORTH AMERICA (continent). Yes CBSA can only process those pgwp if you are coming to Canada from United States only (atleast that was the information that was given to me at Pearson International Airport by the CBSA). I then asked what should I do and they told me that I should go to Niagra Falls Border (Rainbow Bridge) and explained the process of flagpolling. He also noticed that I had already applied online and encouraged me to wait until a decision is to be made but I said i am willing to pay again (255) and he was okay with thay

Went to Rainbow Bridge with my friends yesterday. US officials gave us the white paper ( administrative refusal). I had valid US Visa as well and asked the US officials that I can enter US for 5 mins and then come back as I dont want any issues or refusals. The US officials categorically said that it WOULD NOT have any impact on my future applications or entries to US and there is no need for me to declare anywhere if I have been refused entry to any country while applying for visa's or permits in future. The process took 10 mins. Went to Canadian Side. Told them we are here for our pgwp. Waited for about 3 hrs and finally got our 3 year permits.

Now here come the tricky part. As soon as every one looks three years on the permit they do not focus on the rest of the details of the permit. Thanks to this forum I was aware that you need to keep in consideration few important details.
Employer should be left blank/open/unknown
Employment location should be open or unknown and there should not be written RESTRICTED or RESTRICTIONS on the pgwp.

My work permit had Employment Location as Toronto and Employer as Marketing. I told the officer that I need a new workpermit and dont want it like this. At first she said it does not make a difference and its okay if your employer has any problem tell them to contact us. But I insisted and said respectfully that I want it to be changed now. She then said she can call his supervisor and then I talked with her supervisor and he said it could be done right now and asked me to wait. Apparently her supervisor gave her a hard time because she was processing all the pgwp like this and they had an argument and I could listen to some of there conversation in the waiting area. After 5 mins she called me, (was not looking happy at all) and gave me a new work permit this time a correct one and same happened with my friend as well.

We got our 3 year work permits through two one year post graduate certificates from different colleges. Thanks to all the active members and I would advise those who dont want to wait to go for flagpolling. Believe me I had the same doubts as you guys might have but it all worked out.

My next question is that how can I withdraw my application online and get my money back that I paid earlier. It would be a bonus for me.
Ayay,

These are the kind of success stories I would like to read about more often. Applying for a WP at the POE (a.k.a Flagpolling) is legal, but often times prospective applicants or even those who can still apply fail to do so because they are afraid, think its illegal or only for the Visa Exempt. Good for you for not giving up.

In order for you to get a refund, fill in the usual CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) online at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx to withdraw your online application and ask for a refund.

AND
Under Enquiry, "Type of application:", select from the list "Withdraw of Online Application"

In the message box:
Type a simple precise message informing the processing officer that you would like to withdraw your online PGWP application; application #: W..... because you've already acquired a PGWP. In addition to that, specify the date you applied and date they received your submission.

Ignore the ICCRC # on the form (that's for cases where you've used a consultant/lawyer).

Scroll down; agree and send once you are sure of the info you've put in the form.

In case you were wondering, the refund may take around 16 weeks (just like the scheduled period it takes to process a WP application). The money will be credited to the Credit Account directly.

Cheers and congratulations!

Reactions: pulkitkumar190

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
Thanks a lot man! Really appreciate it.

You have a lot of information which is very good. I was just wondering if you were being hired by this forum???

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayay said:
Thanks a lot man! Really appreciate it.

You have a lot of information which is very good. I was just wondering if you were being hired by this forum???

Ha ha, absolutely not.

My prime purpose in this life is to be happy and peaceful while helping others. And if I can't help others, at least I don't hurt them. It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others. I'm not perfect, but to be selfless everyday is something I strive to achieve with no expectations for a reward whatsoever.

My hope is that others who have benefited or witnessed can learn, embrace and start an altruistic approach of 'paying it forward' by doing good for others without expecting a reward.

Cheers!

jesus.lv

Jul 21, 2014
Hey guys I wanted to share my timeline
Applied online on November 13, 2015 paid in full.
One blank update email
Approved on February 25, 2016
in my mailbox today, March 01, 2016

No TRV though... I was under the impression the fees I paid for this PGWP included a TRV do you guys know if I need to apply for one?
All the best vibes to all of you still waiting ;)

hemurk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - Need an assistance on applying a Temporary Resident Visa.

Here's the case - I have received an AOR and my EE application is being processed.. while applying for Temporary Resident Visa (Work permit renewal), I have to fill-in a questionnaire on 'Check your eligibility' tool. I'm confused about selecting 'YES/NO' for the below question -

I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

Does anyone have any idea about this?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jesus.lv said:
Hey guys I wanted to share my timeline
Applied online on November 13, 2015 paid in full.
One blank update email
Approved on February 25, 2016
in my mailbox today, March 01, 2016

No TRV though... I was under the impression the fees I paid for this PGWP included a TRV do you guys know if I need to apply for one?
All the best vibes to all of you still waiting ;)
Jesus.lv,

You only need a TRV if you plan to travel outside of Canada in future.
See page 227 of this forum for more info.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hemurk said:
Guys - Need an assistance on applying a Temporary Resident Visa.

Here's the case - I have received an AOR and my EE application is being processed.. while applying for Temporary Resident Visa (Work permit renewal), I have to fill-in a questionnaire on 'Check your eligibility' tool. I'm confused about selecting 'YES/NO' for the below question -

I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

Does anyone have any idea about this?
Hemurk,

Once your e-APR application is approved in principle (AIP) under EE, you will receive a letter from IRCC's centralized intake office (CIO) stating that you have passed the R10 completeness check.

To put it simply, this means that your application will have met the requirements of a complete application and thus you get an acknowledgement of receipt (R10 passed) letter. This is the official acknowledgement of receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met. This letter should NOT be confused with the electronic receipt of the application for permanent residence letter.

So make sure that you have an AOR-R10 passed letter with a file number NOT just the AOR that everyone gets as soon as they submit their APR.

Cheers and good luck!

hemurk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:
Hemurk,

Once your e-APR application is approved in principle (AIP) under EE, you will receive a letter from IRCC's centralized intake office (CIO) stating that you have passed the R10 completeness check.

To put it simply, this means that your application will have met the requirements of a complete application and thus you get an acknowledgement of receipt (R10 passed) letter. This is the official acknowledgement of receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met. This letter should NOT be confused with the electronic receipt of the application for permanent residence letter.

So make sure that you have an AOR-R10 passed letter with a file number NOT just the AOR that everyone gets as soon as they submit their APR.

Cheers and good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I haven't got anything other than the acknowledgement I received after submitting the application online; which means that I have to select 'NO' for the above question while applying for Temporary Visa extension.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
jubear said:
Hemurk,

Cheers and good luck!
Jubear. I really appreciate the information that you share from time to time. I have a question for you. I have done my PGWP application with my wife's visitor extension on the 5th Oct and till date I have not received anything. My question is:-

Scenario 1:
If I don't hear anything from them in the next 20 days I am planning to go to the Canadian border and try flagpoling. I don't have US visa and I would try my luck on the Queenston Lewiston Bridge. I have a job here since the past 4 months and I will try to get work permit for my wife too. I have also received nomination from Ontario.

Scenario 2:
If I get work permit and my wife gets her extension I would still try to go to Queenston Lewiston Bridge and get her work permit. I have a job here NOC B category would she be eligible for this?

I am scared to do Scenario 1 as I am afraid what if the border officer don't give me the work permit and refuse entry to Canada I would be struck in a no man's land. Do you think it is a sensible thing to do? Please give your comments on scenario 2 as well will my wife get a work permit easily from Queenston Lewiston Bridge flagpoling?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parvisingh said:
Jubear. I really appreciate the information that you share from time to time. I have a question for you. I have done my PGWP application with my wife's visitor extension on the 5th Oct and till date I have not received anything. My question is:-

Scenario 1:
If I don't hear anything from them in the next 20 days I am planning to go to the Canadian border and try flagpoling. I don't have US visa and I would try my luck on the Queenston Lewiston Bridge. I have a job here since the past 4 months and I will try to get work permit for my wife too. I have also received nomination from Ontario.

Scenario 2:
If I get work permit and my wife gets her extension I would still try to go to Queenston Lewiston Bridge and get her work permit. I have a job here NOC B category would she be eligible for this?

I am scared to do Scenario 1 as I am afraid what if the border officer don't give me the work permit and refuse entry to Canada I would be struck in a no man's land. Do you think it is a sensible thing to do? Please give your comments on scenario 2 as well will my wife get a work permit easily from Queenston Lewiston Bridge flagpoling?
Parvisingh,

Page 15 onward of this forum has a wealth of information about applying for a work permit at the POE. What you need to know, spouses, documents required and above all people's experiences.

The rule of thumb is to make sure that you at least have a valid SP and you are still within 90 days since you got graduation confirmation from your DLI.

You must make a logical decision since you applied in October. Everyone's experience, confidence, documents and the way they answer simple questions at the border office will always be different. However, I'm sure you will be receiving your PGWP soon. If you wanted to apply at the border, it would have been best to do so within 3 months of waiting.

Cheers and good luck!

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
jubear said:
Parvisingh,

Page 15 onward of this forum has a wealth of information about applying for a work permit at the POE. What you need to know, spouses, documents required and above all people's experiences.

The rule of thumb is to make sure that you at least have a valid SP and you are still within 90 days since you got graduation confirmation from your DLI.

You must make a logical decision since you applied in October. Everyone's experience, confidence, documents and the way they answer simple questions at the border office will always be different. However, I'm sure you will be receiving your PGWP soon. If you wanted to apply at the border, it have been best to do so within 3 months of waiting.

Cheers and good luck!
Thank you Jubear I got my work permit today with my wife's visitor extension confirmation on the CIC website. Now I will wait for the email and the copy delivered home.

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Final pgwp timeline (Ontario)

Applied for pgwp online: Nov 6, 2015
Approved online: Feb 23, 2016
Delivered: March 2, 2016

116 days total from application to delivery (exact amount of days that was on CIC website when I applied :) )

Thanks for all the help guys.... I have a few questions about the TRV though:

1. Under "Current country of residence" I selected "Worker" for my status.

Which date should I put for "from"? The start of my study permit that has expired or the start of the new pgwp issued?
I assume I should put pgwp expiry date for "to"?

2. For "Details of visit to Canada" what should I put for:
a) purpose of visit
b) how long I plan to stay: " from" and "to" dates
c) funds available?
d) name/address of people I will visit

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tnh said:
Final pgwp timeline (Ontario)

Applied for pgwp online: Nov 6, 2015
Approved online: Feb 23, 2016
Delivered: March 2, 2016

116 days total from application to delivery (exact amount of days that was on CIC website when I applied :) )
Tnh,

Go to page 227 of the forum

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
jubear said:
Tnh,

Go to page 227 of the forum

Thanks Jubear.

The TRV form don't need to be signed if I am applying online right?
And for "Name of person I will visit", can I put N/A or do I need to put a name, since I put my residence address for the address section?