+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
travellerr said:
DK15 and Fraya, thank you for prompt responses. :) I am also leaning towards a letter of confirmation, just in case another transcript wouldn't help.

Fraya, I'm not sure what you mean by an email from university. You mean an email with a letter of confirmation? My letter has all stuff you mentioned: it states that all degree requirements are met, and the degree is granted. There is a signature of someone from registrar office, date of issue, and other official university contact info. Looks good enough to me. :) Hope it looks good for CIC too.

Oh, by the way, I have already graduated and received a parchment. The reason I sent a transcript is because it was the first available thing on the moment of application. Perhaps, at the present moment, submitting a letter of confirmation would be better than a scan of a parchment.

Still trying to reach the Call Centre...
I'd suggest you upload both things. Make sure the letter of graduation is the VALID one printed in official paper with signature, date, your full name and stating that you finished your degree and the date that you did. Also with the official seal of the university

Also, scan your actual degree and merge both documents into a PDF and submit it.

Better be safe than sorry.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
After waiting 7 months for my PGWP, I now need it amended so that I can work in hospitals. When I called CIC, I was advised I need to reapply for a work permit again, which will take another 96 days. Which we all know what 96 days really means.

That's $300 for medical examination fees + $255 application fees, and an unknown period of waiting...

Why does CIC hates us so much :'(

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
ndrs11 said:
I'd suggest you upload both things. Make sure the letter of graduation is the VALID one printed in official paper with signature, date, your full name and stating that you finished your degree and the date that you did. Also with the official seal of the university

Also, scan your actual degree and merge both documents into a PDF and submit it.

Better be safe than sorry.
Actually, this could be a good idea: submitting both a parchment and a confirmation letter.

I just spoke to an agent from the Call Centre. They said that a confirmation letter would suffice. Even a letter downloaded from a university's website would work as long as it's officially issued by a university, and it has all proper information (such as the one you mentioned above).

Still thinking if it's worth trusting an agent and going with a PDF letter or with a printed/stamped letter...

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
travellerr said:
Actually, this could be a good idea: submitting both a parchment and a confirmation letter.

I just spoke to an agent from the Call Centre. They said that a confirmation letter would suffice. Even a letter downloaded from a university's website would work as long as it's officially issued by a university, and it has all proper information (such as the one you mentioned above).

Still thinking if it's worth trusting an agent and going with a PDF letter or with a printed/stamped letter...

Honestly, I wouldn't trust the Call Centre, I've called several times in the past asking the same question and have got total different answers. And we all have seen cases in this forum of call center agents giving misleading information.

I would go with a printed/stamped letter AND the parchment.

may2015

Nov 22, 2015
xiaopan said:
The same to me. It changed to approved ytd but still can't get tracked. I applied on 11.25!!!
I still can't track my passport so I called CIC to inquire about it and they said it has been sent out. This is probably the case for you too. Hopefully we can receive it today or tomorrow :)

Jfk20101

Oct 8, 2013
called CIC and the answer was they are still processing applications received on 5th of august. the website is not giving the right info paper based application time is 116 days and online is 120 days.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
travellerr said:

Travellerr,

Keep in mind the DEADLINE you were given to submit the document requested for. Usually you have 7 - 10 days. As others have mentioned already, get a new signed and stamped Confirmation Letter (on a letter head). Your parchment is extra but not necessary. Good luck.

Cheers!

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I applied for TRV on Friday 11 December. Received passport request on Monday 14 December. Sent in passport immediately via Canada Post Xpresspost. But I haven't been able to track in and am getting really worried that CanadaPost has misplaced it. I called the customer center and they said they have no record of my tracking number. What can I do guys, I'm really panicking. Please help.

may2015

Nov 22, 2015
rajeev12 said:
I applied for TRV on Friday 11 December. Received passport request on Monday 14 December. Sent in passport immediately via Canada Post Xpresspost. But I haven't been able to track in and am getting really worried that CanadaPost has misplaced it. I called the customer center and they said they have no record of my tracking number. What can I do guys, I'm really panicking. Please help.
Usually the tracking system is a bit slow. My TRV got approved and sent out yesterday according to CIC but the tracking number didn't become available until 6pm today, so the Canada Post call center didn't have information about my passport today. It might be the case with you too, so I suggest you wait until tomorrow and if it's still not available then perhaps try going to the post office you went on Monday. When they take in and scan your passport envelope, the tracking number becomes activated. It could be that they took your envelope and forgot to scan it. So if you can, try going to the post office and asking about it. Maybe one other thing you can do is to call CIC to ask if they have received it (but that could be less effective). I hope it gets solved soon!

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
CIC send approval letter today, I will update once I receives

Applied on may 10th
approved on Nov 26
case reopened request for my transcripts, faxed to them by 9 pm on due day (Dec 3)
approved again on Dec 15, approval letter on Dec16

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hi Experts !

I am on PGWP from December 2013 which was supposed to be for 3 years. However it was issued to me until my passport expiry date which is until 07th Feb 2016. Now I have my passport renewed and I am going to extend my PGWP to its initial and actual validation date, i.e. until December 2016. My PGWP clearly states that this permit is issued until the passport expiry and shall be renewable.

Also, I do not have LMIA and do not belong to visa exempt country. However, I am currently working full time and my PR application is underway.

My question is, Can i renew my PGWP through flag poling. Does anyone has experience and/or knowledge in this matter or applying online is the only option here?

Nov 28, 2015
Hi guys,

I just inform you that I got my PGWP through flag poling. Yesterday, I went to US border at St. Stephen which was 5 hours drive from my side. Border officers were very helpful and I got my work permit very easily.
I would like to thank this forum and specially Jubear, who suggest suggest me to do flag pole.

Best wishes,
Vicky

pgpgwp

Nov 17, 2015
My TRV Application Timeline
Applied: Dec 2nd (On CIC record Dec 3rd)
Request for Passport: Dec 4th
Approval: Dec 10th
Mail Delivery: Dec 15th

There was a small hiccup when the Postman put my passport in the wrong mailbox in my condo. So, make sure you write the address very clearly. Finally the 7 months ordeal of PGVP & TRV comes to an end. Good Luck to everyone!! :)

jeffli24

Nov 30, 2015
Am I eligible to go flagpoling too? I'm from an non visa-exempt country, and my study permit expired in July.
I applied for my PGWP on June 25.

I expect the answer to be no, but just want to know what the experts think