+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Zabidin said:
Kennykay, i already checked it but i am trying to send you a new message but, because your inbox memory is full, it doesn't seem to be sent over to you.
Zain, can you try again?

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
Thanks. I will send him a message if the processing time gets elapsed and I dont receive anything from CIC. (I hope that doesn't happen though)

Jfk20101 said:
Honourable John McCallum

https://www.facebook.com/McCallumj1/

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
Alex Z said:
wait a bit. in the evening or tomorrow it will come.
almost everyone on this forum experienced the same thing.))

Status Changed to approved, but the case still shows open and no final decision yet.

Although I confirmed with CIC agent again he said that the WP is sent out at this morning, and it is not a big deal as case shows open. But I will only believe when I have my WP on hand. (I got approved on Nov 26 and CIC agent told me that my WP is sent out, but later case got reopened.. so. let's see what happen next...)

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
Hi, When applying the PGWP, can I only submit the official transcript? Because I didn't get my graduation letter from my university by then. Can anybody who has such experience give me an answer? I am really worried! Thanks a lot!

may2015

Nov 22, 2015
Applied: May 25th (paid full amount)
Approved: November 27th
Mail Delivery: December 4th (189 days)

Applied for TRV: December 5th
Request for Passport: December 9th (sent Passport immediately)
Passport Arrived: December 10th

My TRV was approved today but the tracking number for my passport is not activated yet. Is this normal? Did anyone experience the same issue? Please help. I have a flight in a week.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fraya said:
Hi, When applying the PGWP, can I only submit the official transcript? Because I didn't get my graduation letter from my university by then. Can anybody who has such experience give me an answer? I am really worried! Thanks a lot!
Fraya,

The eligibility questionnaire asks you for what you have as proof of completion of your program. One of the options is an Official Transcript. So if you have it, then use it as long as its official (printed, signed and stamped by the office of the registrar). Good luck on your application.

Cheers!

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
jubear said:
Fraya,

The eligibility questionnaire asks you for what you have as proof of completion of your program. One of the options is an Official Transcript. So if you have it, then use it as long as its official (printed, signed and stamped by the office of the registrar). Good luck on your application.

Cheers!
Thank you so much! Because I saw an "or" after the three options listed, I only included my official transcript in my application package! Now, I am not sure, because my transcript seems not show whether i completed my degree or not! If I want to submit my graduation letter again, what should I do? I applied through mail

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fraya said:
Thank you so much! Because I saw an "or" after the three options listed, I only included my official transcript in my application package! Now, I am not sure, because my transcript seems not show whether i completed my degree or not! If I want to submit my graduation letter again, what should I do? I applied through mail
Fraya,

Scenario: Grad Letter (GL) and/or Transcript

The above phrase means that you can either submit;
- a GL
- a GL and Transcript; OR
- a Transcript

For now wait for CIC to ask for anything else if they need to. If they ask, be sure to submit it within the given deadline (usually 7 - 10 days). In future, I suggest that you apply online. Its easier to monitor applications.

Cheers!

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
may2015 said:
Applied: May 25th (paid full amount)
Approved: November 27th
Mail Delivery: December 4th (189 days)

Applied for TRV: December 5th
Request for Passport: December 9th (sent Passport immediately)
Passport Arrived: December 10th

My TRV was approved today but the tracking number for my passport is not activated yet. Is this normal? Did anyone experience the same issue? Please help. I have a flight in a week.
Dont worry. The tracking will update after 2 to 3 business days. This is very normal.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
The same to me. It changed to approved ytd but still can't get tracked. I applied on 11.25!!!

salmaniut said:
Dont worry. The tracking will update after 2 to 3 business days. This is very normal.

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
jubear said:
Fraya,

Scenario: Grad Letter (GL) and/or Transcript

The above phrase means that you can either submit;
- a GL
- a GL and Transcript; OR
- a Transcript

For now wait for CIC to ask for anything else if they need to. If they ask, be sure to submit it within the given deadline (usually 7 - 10 days). In future, I suggest that you apply online. Its easier to monitor applications.

Cheers!
Hi, thanks for your reply! I just called CIC, and the staff told me that even though they accept both of GL and transcript, an official transcript showing all my marks and "Pass" also works! Now, the only thing I can do is to wait, wait and wait!

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
Hi everyone,
I see some people have been getting requests to send their transcripts. I got a similar request to send "Other Proof of completed study: Proof that you have completed your program of studies" (exact quote). I am bit confused, because (1) I have submitted a scanned copy of my official transcript along with the PGWP application, and (2) what they mean by "other proof". Has anyone received this type of request? Does anyone know what "other proof of completed study" mean given that the official transcript has been already submitted?
I can get a letter of confirmation, online from a university website. However, I am not sure if it counts as official, because it's a PDF document retrieved online. On the other hand, I could get another official transcript from university in a sealed envelope, and resubmit its scanned version again. That's what I did for PGWP application: opened it, scanned and sent the transcript. Now I am afraid that wasn't good enough for whatever reason. Anyone been in the same situation? Do you know if it is best to resend a fresh copy of transcript or go for a letter of completion? Thanks a lot.

I will try calling the Call Centre to see if they can clarify.
P.S. Wonderful month of May applicant here. ;)

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
I'm to sure exactly what they want, but if u have submitted an official transcript I suggest you submit the letter of confirmation of graduation this time. Make sure it's the official one, the one that has the school stamp and some signatures from the individuals responsible for signing the document.

travellerr said:
Hi everyone,
I see some people have been getting requests to send their transcripts. I got a similar request to send "Other Proof of completed study: Proof that you have completed your program of studies" (exact quote). I am bit confused, because (1) I have submitted a scanned copy of my official transcript along with the PGWP application, and (2) what they mean by "other proof". Has anyone received this type of request? Does anyone know what "other proof of completed study" mean given that the official transcript has been already submitted?
I can get a letter of confirmation, online from a university website. However, I am not sure if it counts as official, because it's a PDF document retrieved online. On the other hand, I could get another official transcript from university in a sealed envelope, and resubmit its scanned version again. That's what I did for PGWP application: opened it, scanned and sent the transcript. Now I am afraid that wasn't good enough for whatever reason. Anyone been in the same situation? Do you know if it is best to resend a fresh copy of transcript or go for a letter of completion? Thanks a lot.

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
travellerr said:
Hi everyone,

Hi, I just called CIC center. The staff told me that they accept both GL and official transcript. Since you already sent them the official transcript, the other document you can submit is the graduation letter which indicates that you met all requirements to receive you degree and the date your degree will be granted! According to what you say, you got an email from your university, right? If this email shows the two things I mentioned above. Then, that will be OK! Because I am in the same situation, I already asked these questions! As for me, I already got my parchment, so i will sent them a copy of that!

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
DK15 and Fraya, thank you for prompt responses. :) I am also leaning towards a letter of confirmation, just in case another transcript wouldn't help.

Fraya, I'm not sure what you mean by an email from university. You mean an email with a letter of confirmation? My letter has all stuff you mentioned: it states that all degree requirements are met, and the degree is granted. There is a signature of someone from registrar office, date of issue, and other official university contact info. Looks good enough to me. :) Hope it looks good for CIC too.

Oh, by the way, I have already graduated and received a parchment. The reason I sent a transcript is because it was the first available thing on the moment of application. Perhaps, at the present moment, submitting a letter of confirmation would be better than a scan of a parchment.

Still trying to reach the Call Centre...