+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
I called cic today and they also said the same as my MP said. That my Application is flagged as approved and not finalized yet. it is in the q to get approved. How long is the q?? :mad: and i asked is a deadline or a date i can expect ... the call center agent said they have already send a request to CIC ( then why the hell you are called as CIC call Center??? ) and we have to wait for 3 month to send any other request regarding my application.....

I have lot of stuff planned ahead and nothings is working as planned......

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
This is really getting worse now. It is 174th day for me now and i cannot take this frustration anymore. I messaged my MP on facebook, he read the message but did not reply back. Contacted MP from other constituency and they refused to help as I do not reside in their area. Cic call centre says they cannot help for atleast 3 months. Where should I go.
I want to go back home where my family is waiting for a long time now. It feels like m jailed in this country.

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
I called CIC once again today and I first asked if I can work with my expired SIN card, to know about that I was told to call this number :1 800-622-6232.
Then I asked if he could check it out the status of my application and he said that my application has been approved but he couldn't tell me why they didn't mail the work permit yet. After sending an email, he told me that I should get my permit either this week or at the beginning of the next week.
Then I asked, is that 100% sure?
He said I can not guarantee :mad:

ravi32patel

Oct 28, 2015
applied on: 14th may
blank updates: 2
paid: CAN $155
i hvnot got an any email for extra $ 100 payment
still waiting..
tired by calling again and again in CIC.. not proper feedback.. they just bias

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Batman4789 said:
and i asked is a deadline or a date i can expect ... the call center agent said they have already send a request to CIC ( then why the hell you are called as CIC call Center??? ) and we have to wait for 3 month to send any other request regarding my application.....

I have lot of stuff planned ahead and nothings is working as planned......

Got the same reply today..

Does anybody have a phone number/or where I could go of some working MP for downtown Toronto area???

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Alex Z said:
Got the same reply today..

Does anybody have a phone number/or where I could go of some working MP for downtown Toronto area???
did they say u application is flagged a approved??? when did u apply???

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
NDUFB11 said:
I called CIC once again today and I first asked if I can work with my expired SIN card, to know about that I was told to call this number :1 800-622-6232.
Then I asked if he could check it out the status of my application and he said that my application has been approved but he couldn't tell me why they didn't mail the work permit yet. After sending an email, he told me that I should get my permit either this week or at the beginning of the next week.
Then I asked, is that 100% sure?
He said I can not guarantee :mad:
SIN Numbers never change unless ur becoming a PR. u can work with it and renew while working

cloud588

Aug 20, 2015
Sorry for late reply.
Please update my info.

Cloud588
Applied: April 30th
Paid $100: May 15th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: July 17th, July 30th
PGWP Approval: Sept 15th
Mail Delivery: Sept 22
Total Processing Time: 146 days (From submission to approval)

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Batman4789 said:
did they say u application is flagged a approved??? when did u apply???
No, nothing about approval.. Last week the guy at CIC told me it's 'pre-approved' but again said me to wait. So, basically, I don't know what's the status in reality is..=(

I applied on May 20th.

swqcda

Sep 30, 2015
jubear said:
Swqcda,

Calling and Twitting your MP about your personal situation won't yield much. If you want your situation to be taken seriously you will need to get out of the house and locate your old or new MP and talk about it in person. I'm not a big fun of phone calls and emails when it comes to urgent and personal matters. Be proactive. If I were you I would go and find my MP. He/she has to be somewhere. Don't let your MP or CIC get away with it that easily especially if you know that your lifeline is based on that PGWP document. Processing your WP is already long overdue.

Do you like waiting until March 2016 or do you want to do something about it?

Good luck, stay calm, and positive.

Cheers!
Thanks jubear. You are absolutely correct. I will locate my mp and meet in person.

swqcda

Sep 30, 2015
NDUFB11 said:
This is scary! so why they are giving false hope by updating the the processing time on the website?
Swqcda did you ask them why people who applied later then you got already the work permit?
NDUFB11, I asked them and they said that they cannot talk about other applications and I should just wait. They don't give any reason. As jubear said, The best way to proceed is to get hold of the mp and meet in person

Rajg

Jul 22, 2015
I see a lot of mention of talking to the MP, are you guys waiting for the prescribed time period to get over before you go to the MP?
I ask because its been three months since I applied and according to wait times when I applied I should have heard from them by now, but the processing times are like a moving target, would now be a good time to go talk to my MP?

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Okay, yes, the best way is to meet your member of Parliament. However, MP of my area doesn't have phone number/address or amy other contact info. I tweeted him, he gave me a reply to email his team. I emailed them - no response yet (already two days).

I really wish to MEET my MP but I don't have that opportunity. So it seems like I do not have any other choice as to wait .. I really don't know what to do.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shshivam said:
Has anybody had their PGWP application rejected? If yes, what was the reason?
Shshivam,

From what I've seen from some people, these are the usual suspects;

- Incorrect fee payment.
- Missing required documentation that was asked for.
- Applying when out of status.
- Fake documents.
- Unsigned application forms.