+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexliu said:
HELP!!!!

I got rejection from flagpole... due to passed 90 day after graduation. Will that affect my previous submitted online application?

I went there last weekend with my school letter. It has one date on the letter which show the date of letter (May xx). Another date named graduation date : April 17.(> 90days)
April 17th is my final exam week so I didn't officially graduated until May xx (< 90days) which exactly the same date I got this letter because usually it takes time to process the exams.

So when I went to border that officer said according to your school letter 'graduation date', it passed 90 days. So what I can do is give you an rejection note (record) because that is what I supposed to do. I argued for 5,6 mins but in vain and maybe made that guy mad because he thought I was wasting his time.

My question is : I applied online at May12 for my WP but due to my coming expired SIN and SP I have to goto the border because I can't wait. Will this rejection record affect my online application ? I'm worrying about that. One more thing is that guy said I didn't get any of your online WP application information from the system at all and he knows nothing about it.
Alexliu,

Try a different border. Using this link to count your days:http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html, lets assume the confirmation letter form your college/university is dated May 1, 2015. If you go to the border tomorrow (May 22, 2015), your day count will still be 83 days (<90). Therefore, you are still eligible to apply for a WP at the border.

A word of caution, don't say what you haven't been asked. Only give answers to questions asked.

Good luck.

Cheers!

pewhy

Jul 21, 2015
Hey everyone! I'm a student at the University of Toronto and I'm applying for a co-op work permit. I called the call center today and they told me the my permit type was Post Grad Work Permit so I guess it falls under this forum.

I applied online and have not paid any fees (it doesn't tell me to pay anything yet) and the processing times were around 60 days when I first applied. I'm desperate to get my permit soon as my co-op program demands that I work 12 months before I resume school in September 2016. At the rate the processing times are going I'm losing a lot of hope :(

Here are my details to contribute:

Applied: April 21st
Blank Update: May 21st (day 31, no update), June 20 (day 61, no update), July 9th (day 80, updated but no actual change)
Current Status: Waiting as of July 21st (day 92)

manav.diwan

Jun 30, 2015
Hi

I applied for my TRV renewal on July 13th, 2015 and got an email today stating that a final decision has been made on my visa application and that they require my passport for finalizing the procedure. Is this how it normally works where they ask for your passport and send you the new counterfoil in it? I just want to make sure, that is all. Thanks

Manav

nia_lht

Jul 21, 2015
Halo everyone,

please count me in

Applied: June 23rd
Blank Update: N/A
Request for $100: N/A (Already paid $255)

Current status: Waitiing as of July 21 (28 days)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manav.diwan said:
Hi

I applied for my TRV renewal on July 13th, 2015 and got an email today stating that a final decision has been made on my visa application and that they require my passport for finalizing the procedure. Is this how it normally works where they ask for your passport and send you the new counterfoil in it? I just want to make sure, that is all. Thanks

Manav
Manav.Diwan,

Yes, you will actually need to send it in. I remembered that they have to laminate (counterfoil) the TRV in your passport. Therefore, send or mail your passport as quickly as possible to the address they gave you. Its all good, nothing to worry. Congratulations!

Cheers!

nia_lht

Jul 21, 2015
Hi jubear,

Thank you for all the details and information. Just wondering that did your university confirmation letter mentioned about the start date to the end date of your program? Since mine just said "completed all the requirements". Am I still able to go to the flagpole and try to get my PGWP?
Thank you.

jubear said:
Greetings Members,

Today my GF and I were out of the house by 6:40am to head out for the FP adventure. We arrived at the border by 9:16am. I headed straight to the US side, got the piece of paper marked with FP and back to Canada customs.

I introduced myself and immediately asked to apply for a PGWP. The officer asked for my university confirmation letter, passport, current valid SP. I also voluntarily provided my degree parchment. He immediately smiled and obviously knew my university. We had a little chat and laughed about certain things. The officer was very kind, respectful and quite diligent.
Within 32 minutes, my 3 year PGWP was processed. All the officers seemed very customer care orientated. I left happily and with gratitude.

After I left the border, I immediately headed for SC office to process and renew the expiry date of my SIN.

Like I've been saying all along, be confident not cocky. Say thank you and be friendly.

My long wait is over.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

P.S: I will update members' timelines tomorrow.

Congratulations to all who have made the border adventure. :)

Cheers!

navitrn

Jul 17, 2015
jubear said:
Greetings Members,

Today my GF and I were out of the house by 6:40am to head out for the FP adventure. We arrived at the border by 9:16am. I headed straight to the US side, got the piece of paper marked with FP and back to Canada customs.

I introduced myself and immediately asked to apply for a PGWP. The officer asked for my university confirmation letter, passport, current valid SP. I also voluntarily provided my degree parchment. He immediately smiled and obviously knew my university. We had a little chat and laughed about certain things. The officer was very kind, respectful and quite diligent.
Within 32 minutes, my 3 year PGWP was processed. All the officers seemed very customer care orientated. I left happily and with gratitude.

After I left the border, I immediately headed for SC office to process and renew the expiry date of my SIN.

Like I've been saying all along, be confident not cocky. Say thank you and be friendly.

My long wait is over.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

P.S: I will update members' timelines tomorrow.

Congratulations to all who have made the border adventure. :)

Cheers!
Hi jubear,

Did you applied under three months ? Because I submitted my application on 13 March and got no decision yet.
Do you think there is chance for me to go for flagpoling?

sany2317

Jul 7, 2015
immshunli said:
I applied on May 12th, waited until June 24th, and my patience was gone. On June 25th, went to the Rainbow Bridge' s Canadian border service, successfully got a three years work permit.
Hi Thank you for your sharing, I was wondering if they asked you any specific questions such as have you got a job or other work-related questions?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nia_lht said:
Hi jubear,

Thank you for all the details and information. Just wondering that did your university confirmation letter mentioned about the start date to the end date of your program? Since mine just said "completed all the requirements". Am I still able to go to the flagpole and try to get my PGWP?
Thank you.
Nia_lht,

Actually no. My confirmation letter sounded the same as yours. No start or end date. I didn't go with a transcript either. However, make sure you have all the necessary documents just in case the officer asks for them. Only provide those that the officer asks for.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navitrn said:
Hi jubear,

Did you applied under three months ? Because I submitted my application on 13 March and got no decision yet.
Do you think there is chance for me to go for flagpoling?
To be on a safe side, wait for your online application to go through. I'm surprised that you haven't been approved yet. It seems strange.

Did CIC ask you to pay $100 for the holders of an open work permit (OWP)? Did you receive any email? Did you check your inbox, or spam box, or online application message area?

As of now, I don't believe you can do a flagpole. One of the requirements is having a valid SP or WP and being within 90 days after you receive your confirmation letter or transcript.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sany2317 said:
Hi Thank you for your sharing, I was wondering if they asked you any specific questions such as have you got a job or other work-related questions?
Sany2317,

Eligible PGWP applicants don't require a job offer. That requirement is for LMIA applicants. All you need are the documents that most people on this forum have shared especially those you are required to provide if you make an online application. See page 15 and onwards of this forum.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pewhy said:
Hey everyone! I'm a student at the University of Toronto and I'm applying for a co-op work permit. I called the call center today and they told me the my permit type was Post Grad Work Permit so I guess it falls under this forum.

I applied online and have not paid any fees (it doesn't tell me to pay anything yet) and the processing times were around 60 days when I first applied. I'm desperate to get my permit soon as my co-op program demands that I work 12 months before I resume school in September 2016. At the rate the processing times are going I'm losing a lot of hope :(

Here are my details to contribute:
Applied: April 21st
Blank Update: May 21st (day 31, no update), June 20 (day 61, no update), July 9th (day 80, updated but no actual change)
Current Status: Waiting as of July 21st (day 92)
Pewhy,

As a student of UfT seeking for a co-op term, you are not required to have a PGWP. A PGWP is for students who have graduated. What you need is a Co-op work permit to enable you to work during the co-op term even when other students are studying.

Cheers!

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
PEQ(CSQ): 08-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Just checking in again.

Still no news for me. Yesterday my immigration consultant recommended me to submit $100 as a CSE.
Submitted it yesterday.

I will inform the same day if I get any movement on my file, so for timeline calculation it is ok to list the present day.

Many thanks to Jubear for continuing the timelines!

pewhy

Jul 21, 2015
jubear said:
Pewhy,

As a student of UfT seeking for a co-op term, you are not required to have a PGWP. A PGWP is for students who have graduated. What you need is a Co-op work permit to enable you to work during the co-op term even when other students are studying.

Cheers!
Oh, really? Well I know for sure I've applied to the co-op work permit, I went to the uni's international student career centre and a counsellor helped me do the application. It's just that when I called the CIC call center to ask for processing times I described my application and they called it a PGWP. Jubear, do you know if a co-op work permit falls under the same processing times as the regular work permits? Thanks for replying!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pewhy said:
Oh, really? Well I know for sure I've applied to the co-op work permit, I went to the uni's international student career centre and a counsellor helped me do the application. It's just that when I called the CIC call center to ask for processing times I described my application and they called it a PGWP. Jubear, do you know if a co-op work permit falls under the same processing times as the regular work permits? Thanks for replying!
Yes, they all fall under the same processing time. In other words the processing times (99 days) indicated is for various WP programs.