+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

tototo

Apr 1, 2016
HELLO, is there anyone who currently got 3yrs PGWP from 4semesters program?
If you don't mind can you tell me which college you graduated?
I heard recently some ppl only get 16months PGWP with 4semesters program.
I'm about to confirm my application of 4semesters length course, I'm bit worried.

mantramugdha

Feb 27, 2016
I am from Queen's University 1 Year MBA program. People in my batch have received 1 or 3 year PGWP. No reasons - half of them 1 year half 3 year.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
tototo said:
HELLO, is there anyone who currently got 3yrs PGWP from 4semesters program?
If you don't mind can you tell me which college you graduated?
I heard recently some ppl only get 16months PGWP with 4semesters program.
I'm about to confirm my application of 4semesters length course, I'm bit worried.
My friend finished her 2yr diploma and got yrs PGWP from British Columbia Institute of Technology. I am also about to finish my program, so we'll see if they'll issue me the same length.

a_edm_

Mar 31, 2016
Hello everyone!
Yesterday, I got an email stating my PGWP application has been updated but nothing updated when I check my CIC account
So I called them today, they told me my application got approved :) with 2years work permit
But, it should be for 3yrs as I did 2yrs Accounting Diploma from NAIT Edmonton, Alberta
So I told CIC agent about it & he said he will send notification to the respective officer regarding that. Hopefully things will get sorted soon!
My timeline:
Applied Online : 27th Jan, 2016
Approved : 3rd April (as per email)
Program : Business Administration (accounting)
but completed that within 1.5 years
Good Luck !

OM_student

Jul 15, 2015
I applied on Dec 5th, and my application was approved today.

I was eligible to get 3-year permit, but due to passport expiry date in July 2017, my permit will expire by the end of July 2017.

I assume I have to apply to extend my work permit next year.

Vitro

Mar 17, 2016
a_edm_ said:
Hello everyone!
Yesterday, I got an email stating my PGWP application has been updated but nothing updated when I check my CIC account
So I called them today, they told me my application got approved :) with 2years work permit
But, it should be for 3yrs as I did 2yrs Accounting Diploma from NAIT Edmonton, Alberta
So I told CIC agent about it & he said he will send notification to the respective officer regarding that. Hopefully things will get sorted soon!
My timeline:
Applied Online : 27th Jan, 2016
Approved : 3rd April (as per email)
Program : Business Administration (accounting)
but completed that within 1.5 years
Good Luck !
Congrats!

I would like to ask you, how do you convince them to tell about the decision bcoz I am in the same case as yours and I received a 2nd update but there is actually no update on the application?

a_edm_

Mar 31, 2016
Thanks Vitro,

Even I got 2 emails stating there have been no updates to PGWP application as on Mar 27 & Feb 27
And then yesterday I got one regarding the update but in actual nothing updated.
So, I called them regarding it, then CIC agent checked my file & told me regarding my approval with 2yrs WP(but no actual email yet) but emailing it within a week or 2
Then I told him it should be 3yrs instead then again he went to check my file to know the reason for 2yrs & said yes it should be for 3yrs according to my application, so he will be sending notification to the officer & then they will decide whether I will get for 3yrs or not
I really don't know what will happen even my passport is still active, it will expire in 2023
So, don't know the possible reason for getting it for 2years ::)

Anyways Thanks & Good Luck :)

nasif_29

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, is there anyone who applied for their PGWP by paper during the last week of January or in mid January?
I applied on Jan 26th and still no reply.

Kannan0216

Apr 3, 2016
996hardeep said:
i talked to them atleast 6-7 times in last two months same response WAIT FOR 2WEEKS
they are not connecting the calls to agents anymore!!
tried more than 20 times today only!!!
I applied in October and no news. When I called the call center they told me they sent my application to local office. Still waiting. Any news?

996hardeep

Jul 2, 2014
Toronto
Nomination.....
27-09-2017
Kannan0216 said:
I applied in October and no news. When I called the call center they told me they sent my application to local office. Still waiting. Any news?
no NEWS BUD they might have decided to give october applicant citizenship directly after 1 year

PISSED OFF

tototo

Apr 1, 2016
frustratedcanadian said:
My friend finished her 2yr diploma and got yrs PGWP from British Columbia Institute of Technology. I am also about to finish my program, so we'll see if they'll issue me the same length.
thank you for all who answered my question.
I'm pretty relieved that there's a way to
convince an officer.
I'm going to attend an accounting diploma program in Toronto.
hopefully I'll be able to get 3yrs visa..
good luck everyone!!