+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

utopia110

Nov 30, 2015
I finally got my PGWP!!!!

Applied on Aug 28th
Online Approval Dec 11th
Mail Delivery Dec 17th

Time to apply the TRV. I followed all the instructions posted previously by everyone for the TRV. I do have one question though.

For the purpose of visit question, should I put in "other" or "Returning worker"??

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopia110 said:
I finally got my PGWP!!!!

Applied on Aug 28th
Online Approval Dec 11th
Mail Delivery Dec 17th

Time to apply the TRV. I followed all the instructions posted previously by everyone for the TRV. I do have one question though.

For the purpose of visit question, should I put in "other" or "Returning worker"??
Utopia110,

You are returning to Canada to work after visiting your family or another Country. Therefore, you are a returning worker.

Cheers and good luck!

utopia110

Nov 30, 2015
I read this in another topic (google "confusing-trvs-form-within-canada")

In that thread, the person suggested going with "other". The rationale being that currently he/she was still in Canada so technically he/she wasn't a returning worker. I was thinking of choosing "other" and describing it as "work (post grad work permit)" in the next field on the form.

Maybe I am just being paranoid but I don't want my TRV to be delayed due to a silly mistake.

jubear said:
Utopia110,

You are returning to Canada to work after visiting your family or another Country. Therefore, you are a returning worker.

Cheers and good luck!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopia110 said:
I read this in another topic (google "confusing-trvs-form-within-canada")

In that thread, the person suggested going with "other". The rationale being that currently he/she was still in Canada so technically he/she wasn't a returning worker. I was thinking of choosing "other" and describing it as "work (post grad work permit)" in the next field on the form.

Maybe I am just being paranoid but I don't want my TRV to be delayed due to a silly mistake.
Utopia110,

Unfortunately, the purpose of visit isn't other nor PGWP. The question isn't asking you for your type of work permit. Its simply asking you, "why are you returning to Canada?" or more specifically asking, "what is the purpose of your visit?"

Ask yourself these two questions:
- Am I returning to Canada to work? Or
- Am I returning to Canada to visit?

A TRV for workers is meant to help you travel outside (Canada, USA, St Pierre and Miquelon) and be able to return to Canada to work. Not visit Canada.

A TRV for visitors is meant to give travellers a visitor status of up to 6 months in Canada.

The person you quoted was right in a way. However, that same person also fails to note or understand that its a TRV application for workers within Canada who wish to apply for a TRV before they leave Canada. CIC started this particular TRV program to help applicants from not getting stuck back in their home countries. In the past people failed to return to work because they could only apply for it from outside and employers were complaining.

Secondly, that rationale only looks at being in Canada. It doesn't consider the fact that once you are outside you will want to return to work not visit/other.

However, its really up to you to decide on what works for you.

Cheers and good luck!

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
Jfk20101 said:
Hope I get mine too mate I applied August 28th but paper based
Hi, I am also a paper-based applicant. May I consult several questions from you? When the CIC started processing your application, will they send you an email or mail to notify you. Or you just wait? If they will send email, do you remember when they send to you? I am also looking forward my PGWP.
Thanks! Merry Christmas!

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Just one silly question, now I got my PGWP and my TRV. Are these two documents good enough to get back to Canada? Do I need to bring my job offer or anything else? thanks.

coolmradul

Dec 21, 2015
PGWP got approved today

Applied - september 3 , 2015
Blank update - sept 4 , sept 5 , nov 9
Approval - dec 21 , 2015
Delivery - waiting

Best of luck for all those who waiting :)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xiaopan said:
Just one silly question, now I got my PGWP and my TRV. Are these two documents good enough to get back to Canada? Do I need to bring my job offer or anything else? thanks.
Xiaopan,

Congratulations. No question is silly. Its better to ask rather than stay quiet.

Since you have a PGWP & TRV, you now have the right to leave and return to Canada without any issues at the POE. Happy Holidays!

Cheers!

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
I'm assuming that they are off of work for Christmas holidays, does anybody knows when they will start working again?

thanks

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
NDUFB11 said:
I'm assuming that they are off of work for Christmas holidays, does anybody knows when they will start working again?

thanks
I think the same. I applied for TRV on 6th Dec but still haven't received any PP request from them. May be they will start working on it soon after 1st Jan 2016.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NDUFB11 said:

thanks

NDUFB11,

CIC HOLIDAY TIMELINE

Dec 24th - Half day
Dec 25th - Closed
Dec 26th - Closed
Dec 27th - 31st - Open
Jan 1st - Closed

Cheers!

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Hello good people. This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following it religiously. I applied on the 14th of August, 2015 and I am yet to get an approval and people that applied after me have been cleared. I called CIC and they told me the usual "we are working on applications received on the 4th of August". Is there anyone that applied before or after me in August that is still waiting for approval? Your replies will ease my tension. Thanks guys.

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
tosinosho1992 said:
Hello good people. This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following it religiously. I applied on the 14th of August, 2015 and I am yet to get an approval and people that applied after me have been cleared. I called CIC and they told me the usual "we are working on applications received on the 4th of August". Is there anyone that applied before or after me in August that is still waiting for approval? Your replies will ease my tension. Thanks guys.
Hi. There are still many applicants who have applied before you who have yet to receive their approval. I still dont understand what order CIC decides to select applications because there are some in September who have been approved as well. Be patient my friend :). Dont let the wait ruin your holidays.