+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
cyas33 said:
I applied March 17....already had to turn down one job offer because of no work permit. I got an update on Sunday on my applicaton. Application is now open.Still waiting
Hi I also got a email indicate I have a update yesterday, but when I log in and check the message, it still remain the same. I checked this morning again, still nothing new. I tried to call cic several times but cannot get transferred. I saw one guy complain about his pgwp was reject because cic thought he didn't pay his extra$100 on time( he did pay it on time). I don't know what to do next

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
PEQ(CSQ): 08-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hello Everyone,

Same boat, applied March 23 online. No news from CIC no emails about updates. And now they are posting 77(!)days for all Study/Work permit applications submitted in Canada.

Please update if anyone had any communication from CIC regarding $100 or anything at all.

Thanks,
Velaar

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hi guys,

Sorry for double posting but this is an update worth sharing.
Today when I logged into MyCIC I found that the application status was "Updated". And as I saw my surname got capitalized. (I wrote 'Surname' in the application and now it looks like 'SURNAME').
I'll report if I see any other changes/get any emails.

This is a speculation however I think that at this stage VO got the application.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quite a strange update on your profile!

Secondly, I also noticed that CIC made updates from May 8, 2015 to May 15, 2015 to now May 22, 2015. That I understand because they do it weekly. However, for May 8, 2015, CIC was processing apps submitted on March 4, 2015. For May 15, 2015, CIC was then processing those apps submitted on March 7, 2015.

Here is the strange part; for May 22, 2015, CIC is now working apps submitted on March 5, 2015. They are now working backwards with more processing days from 68 to 77 days.

I wonder if Yukiyuki111 has got any updates on the MyCIC profile since she/he last corresponded on here.

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Yes this is strange. Actually the processing times are almost constantly growing since February. I hope that information on CIC processing time mean that on May 22nd the last finished application was March 5, and that is exactly 77 days. We cannot say if there were any more delays. So I hope that now they are processing March 12+.

Still looking for anyone who actually received a request for $100 or any communication on their file (file submitted online & in March).

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Velaar said:
Yes this is strange. Actually the processing times are almost constantly growing since February. I hope that information on CIC processing time mean that on May 22nd the last finished application was March 5, and that is exactly 77 days. We cannot say if there were any more delays. So I hope that now they are processing March 12+.

Still looking for anyone who actually received a request for $100 or any communication on their file (file submitted online & in March).
This could give you some answers but not specifically for March. A few people discussed the issue here.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pgwp-issue-t281601.15.html

I hope it helps

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
jubear

I've found this:
You can pay online, keep that reciept with you and upload it in submitted application section.
Anyone knows anything about uploading documents after application submission?

Also got an email from CIC today. "Your application has been updated" but I think this is about yesterday's update as today the status (details) on MyCIC is still "Submitted" and yesterday it was
Updated". Will try to call them on Monday but hardly they can tell anything.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Velaar said:
jubear

I've found this:Anyone knows anything about uploading documents after application submission?

Also got an email from CIC today. "Your application has been updated" but I think this is about yesterday's update as today the status (details) on MyCIC is still "Submitted" and yesterday it was
Updated". Will try to call them on Monday but hardly they can tell anything.
Yes, use this online payment system. You will have to register though because the service is different from MyCIC.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/

CIC contacts applicants either by email or mail to upload their receipts in a new space provided.

Also go to your MyCIC account and click on the blue button that says check status and messages. It will show your app details.

Let us know the actual updates you see there.

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
jubear
Thank you for advice. I already paid $100 fee but still not uploaded anywhere because I do not have this new space yet.

On the update side the only single change to my file happened yesterday and it was change of 'Surname' to 'SURNAME'.

In status and messages I see:
Application/profile status: Open
Review of medical results: Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information: Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached: Not Started

So exactly the same I saw after Submission Confirmation arrived.

There are only 2 messages: "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" and "Submission Confirmation - March-23-2015".

So there are no actual updates and that is what I am going to call them about on Monday.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Velaar said:
jubear
Thank you for advice. I already paid $100 fee but still not uploaded anywhere because I do not have this new space yet.

On the update side the only single change to my file happened yesterday and it was change of 'Surname' to 'SURNAME'.

In status and messages I see:
Application/profile status: Open
Review of medical results: Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information: Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached: Not Started

So exactly the same I saw after Submission Confirmation arrived.

There are only 2 messages: "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" and "Submission Confirmation - March-23-2015".

So there are no actual updates and that is what I am going to call them about on Monday.
I suggest you wait for another week. Your day count is now 69 days. CIC processing time is currently 77 days.

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am very stressed out and will appreciate your input. I have recently completed my phd studies and applied for post graduate work permit. I included a letter of completion from my university. The letter mentions that I have completed my phd degree requirements and have defended my thesis successfully. The letter does not mention the length of my program. Do you think it's gonna be a big deal?

Your advice is appreciated.

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi everyone, I called cic regarding my "updates" actually there is no updates. Simply because some agent opened my file so the system automatically sent me the "updated" email. And the agent told me, now they are working on March 5th and they refused to explain anything regard my situation. All they tell me is to wait for cic contact me again and ask for me to upload my payment receipt, I guess they will provide a new link in our account for us to upload. And she also told me the date they post online is 80% processing time. Any thing can come upto another 10days. That's really sucks, eh? and they have the right to change/prolong the time, I really disappoint for cic

Velaar

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Med's Request
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
23-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
8-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
yukiyuki111

If it is really March 5 they are working on than that is terrible as I am most likely loosing my job. And March 5 to today is 88 days so it is just as if they are not working at all.
Please let us know once you have any change on your account. I still think that 'update' actually is a part of processing. And yes we likely shouldn't see it but they opened the file for some reason.

schweinlet

Jun 1, 2015
yukiyuki111 said:
Hi everyone, I called cic regarding my "updates" actually there is no updates. Simply because some agent opened my file so the system automatically sent me the "updated" email. And the agent told me, now they are working on March 5th and they refused to explain anything regard my situation. All they tell me is to wait for cic contact me again and ask for me to upload my payment receipt, I guess they will provide a new link in our account for us to upload. And she also told me the date they post online is 80% processing time. Any thing can come upto another 10days. That's really sucks, eh? and they have the right to change/prolong the time, I really disappoint for cic
I applied for PGWP on Mar 18.
Got an update email on May 27 and nothing changed.
Got a new message on May 28 and it was a request letter for $100 permit holder fee, uploaded the receipt that night.
Got another update May 29 and the permit is approved.

Update is actually good news which means they are working on your application.

schweinlet

Jun 1, 2015
elnazdel said:
Hi everyone,

I am very stressed out and will appreciate your input. I have recently completed my phd studies and applied for post graduate work permit. I included a letter of completion from my university. The letter mentions that I have completed my phd degree requirements and have defended my thesis successfully. The letter does not mention the length of my program. Do you think it's gonna be a big deal?

Your advice is appreciated.
Try to get another letter from university with the length of your program.
And use "Case Specific Enquiry" to upload the letter and explain.
You shall also call CIC at 8am in the morning to see what you can do.
However, I think the officers know that PHD is a longer than 2 years degree.