+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LETS JOIN>>ALL Those who are planning to send application to CIO under NEW RULES

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Call Centre so busy today Ie've not rbeen able to get through. Will try again latter or Tuesday. Sorry to all for the delay but it is beyond my control. Wilnl post when I have any info.
hi
my sister living in canada, she can phone, call centre too. let me know what is your questions i will tell her and she can ask them . she has one list from me to ask call centre too.

cforcanada

Mar 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LETS JOIN>>ALL Those who are planning to send application to CIO under NEW R

I have question regarding the Proof of Fund.

Applying from: Buffalo, USA.

Do we need to send 6 months bank statement to CIO as of New rule?
If "yes"

Within that 6 months, my first 2 months have $10,000............and rest of the 4 months have gradually $3000 added to it with the ending balance as of now is $22,000.

This is for 2 people. (Required $ 13,000).

Are they gonna refuse my application based on the first 2 months statement. Or can I send only last 3 months statement. Any help will be highly appreciated. Please say something.

vicky1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Karnal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-9-10
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
PER 17 Jan, AOR 21 Feb
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
15-02-11 'received by VO'
hi, what is the proof of funds requirement regarding showing balance for some months in bank?
i have my funds deposited only 1 month back.
i am not aware kindly give views.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LETS JOIN>>ALL Those who are planning to send application to CIO under NEW R

cforcanada said:
I have question regarding the Proof of Fund.

Applying from: Buffalo, USA.

Do we need to send 6 months bank statement to CIO as of New rule?
If "yes"

Within that 6 months, my first 2 months have $10,000............and rest of the 4 months have gradually $3000 added to it with the ending balance as of now is $22,000.

This is for 2 people. (Required $ 13,000).

Are they gonna refuse my application based on the first 2 months statement. Or can I send only last 3 months statement. Any help will be highly appreciated. Please say something.
The Buffalo visa office specific instructions indicate
"Provide:
•original letter(s) from your bank(s) and/or other financial institution(s) confirming the type(s) and current balance(s) of the account(s) you hold
•copies of monthly bank statements showing deposits and withdrawals for the 6 months prior to the submission of you application"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

I would submit both a letter from the bank and copies of the monthly bank statements (they seem to be increasingly asking for those even if you submit the proof of funds letter). Consider also including a letter explaining that you've been increasing your savings to meet the $13,801 for 2 people and emphasizing you currently exceed that balance. In a couple months you can send them the additional statements as follow up so they have the full 6 months with the requisite balance by the time they review your application.

To send the new statements when you have them, go to https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=buffalo and follow the instructions through the disclaimer and privacy notices into the e-mail form and they'll be added to your application.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Yes, Chia, I am also skeptical about sending a copy of the PCC, but it I couldn't find where CIO checklist included it...just in the VO Appendix A which is supposed to be copied. I plan to check again with Call Centre on Monday to confirm. It shouldn't be THIS complicated and confusing to so many of us. When I read the Backgrounder point 9, it sounded as if there was only one submission of the entire application to be done to CIO that would speed up the whole process, but Call Centre told me there are still two submissions (CIO and later VO), but both submissions contain all documents in original or copied form. I am still trying to figure out how to provide copies of transcripts to CIO when VO demands they be submitted in sealed envelopes! To be continued....
Dr. H....if your Appendix A requests bank statement then I presume it would be a copy to be sent to CIO in first pkg. I will post what I find out on Monday.

I noticed you weren't able to get through and thought I'd share the facts I've found.

Overall, it may seem confusing because the detailed information is being updated to reflect the new regulations (e.g., OP6 is still being updated). However, they seem to consistently changing everything to the fact that you need to send everything included in the visa office specific checklist to the CIO and the CIO will now forward it to the visa office.

Take a look at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t45808.0.html;msg336467#msg336467 where I had all the initial links and at the operational bulletin http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218.asp which says:

"The CIO will review applications for completeness pursuant to section 10 of the IRPR. If the application received is incomplete, the entire application package will be returned to the applicant.
Final eligibility determination at the CIO
The CIO will assess the applicant’s submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility. To be eligible for processing, the applicant must meet all the criteria described in the MIs. If the application is eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and the entire application will be forwarded to the visa office requested."

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Well, THAT was an informative conversation with J. at the Call Centre! Contrary to what I was told on Friday by another person at the Call Centre...you put in ONE APPLICATION TO CIO containing all docs requested on CIO and Appendix A, no duplication of pages. He could not explain why the CIO checklist stated "copy" under format for #12, and reiterated that you do not send another application to VO at later date. So whatever originals, photocopies, notarized copies requested in those two checklists is what you provide. CIO checks for completeness, fees, eligibility for processing. If OK, applicant receives an assessment email on how to contact their VO if needed and CIO sends file and complete paperwork to the specified VO.
Dr. H: Passports to be photocopied, ALL PAGES, no need to be notarized unless it ASKS for it in checklist.
Hope this helps us all.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Pippin said:
Well, THAT was an informative conversation with J. at the Call Centre! Contrary to what I was told on Friday by another person at the Call Centre...you put in ONE APPLICATION TO CIO containing all docs requested on CIO and Appendix A, no duplication of pages. He could not explain why the CIO checklist stated "copy" under format for #12, and reiterated that you do not send another application to VO at later date. So whatever originals, photocopies, notarized copies requested in those two checklists is what you provide. CIO checks for completeness, fees, eligibility for processing. If OK, applicant receives an assessment email on how to contact their VO if needed and CIO sends file and complete paperwork to the specified VO.
Dr. H: Passports to be photocopied, ALL PAGES, no need to be notarized unless it ASKS for it in checklist.
Hope this helps us all.
Thanks a lot pippin...it was a great job by u....1 more thing "we do not need to send anything to Visa office right?"

cforcanada

Mar 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you "Ohcanadiana" for your reply. It really help me. Goodluck to you also.

vicky1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Karnal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-9-10
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
PER 17 Jan, AOR 21 Feb
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
15-02-11 'received by VO'
instead of transcripts of university if we get photocopy of marks-sheet attested from notary
will it do?
getting transcripts is cumbersome.

mrkcse

Jul 6, 2010
Pippin said:
Hope this helps us all.
CHC Singapore only needs few pages of passport. so does CIO. I found that in CHC Singapore checklist....

•Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:
•the passport number,
•date of issue and expiry,
•your photo, name, date and place of birth.

smaaar

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
PER at 30-5-2011
Hi my batch,I want to set for IELTS exam but unfortinatly the next available for General raining test will be on 16/9/2010.
Is there any othe option,Can I set for Acadimic or is there any CELPIP test outside Canada

cokoladna

Jul 8, 2010
Hi all

I would like an advice , since there has been some issues discussed with my representative:

-Is the category 1122 available by new NOC list?
-If so, how do we actually choose the professional title, as I am closely connected by activities of business analyst, business management, are they still valid by new list ?
- How can we use those titles that used to exist (Financial manager or Economist)by any other category as my representative suggest application by Quebec province and I do not know a word of French and later to reallocate.

Thank You for your time and effort

Alex

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Thank you, guys! Thank you for all those inputs! Although I'm very confused about what doc should be sent to CIO, this is not my big concern. My big concern is when the 20,000-cap will be totally filled. Does anyone who submitted the application after 06/26 get a notice about the application acceptability?

nikka_ganda68

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Good day everyone!

Can anyone help me, before we submit our application to Canada, we wanna know if "being married but not legally separated and at present is in a common law relationship" allowed in canada? My partner wants to apply, and he wants to include me in the application, including our two kids, is that allowable in canada?

thanks!