+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Timelines for application for PR under NEW Caring for Children Pathway

Neka87

Apr 7, 2016
Good for you. Mine is on the way. The embassy in my home country called me & asked for pictures & birth certificate for my daughter. She says its urgent so I sent those in today. I hope I get mine before the end of May. Do you have dependent a?

Kate1324

May 3, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I hope you can help me with my inquiries regarding this new pathway. Is there anyone from BC here?

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
On your website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within six months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
Already I am waiting for 8 months.
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site?
Dear officials, Why did you write false information on your official website ?

Neka87

Apr 7, 2016
I'm sorry to hear that. Did you check the status online? What did it say? Call CIC. There website says if it has passed the processing time then they will be able to help you.

Helen8868

May 6, 2016
I filed my application under the new pathway, Caring for Children stream, on 02 Nov 2015.CIC started to process it on 05 Nov 2015, now my waiting time is over 6 months! I got a dependent only,my husband,in China. How should I do now? CIC promised us they should finish the application within 6 months, and they cannot keep their promise! How can they do that to us?! Now, my husband and I are both very frustrated, through three and half years hard working in this LCP program, and all days and nights separations, We don't want to be waiting anymore. God, my glory Lord! Pls help us!

Helen8868

May 6, 2016
Neka87 said:
Wow that's so sad. Did you call the immigration centre to find out what is taking so long?
Not yet, however, even though I did call or write to CIC, they would just tell me to keep waiting probably. Last time, when I called them, a woman agent just told that bla-bla things as I anticipated.

Kate1324

May 3, 2016
jcanilanza said:
Hi, I have a good news. Yes, sorry I've been so quite here for a week because of my interview.
Now I am done, officially Permanent Resident :)

April 11 - sent
April 12 - received (UPS overnight delivery)
April 15 - not sure, but they got the fee from my credit card but it was "Pending"
April 16-17 - weekend
April 18 - credit card completed
April 21 - Received AOR, letter from CIC saying my application is complete and have to pay 490.
Then in the afternoon received letter of interview appointment
April 26 - interview/Landed Immigrant

to God be all the glory.
Hello. I supposed you're from Philippines based on your icon. I really need some help with the new pathway and as I was reading your post, I think we have the same situation. Can you please help me with all my inquiries? Thanks in advance. God bless

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
On your website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within six months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site?

Neka87

Apr 7, 2016
Well to God be the glory. I got my email this morning. My application is complete & has been approved. They advised me to pay my landing fee. I just need to wait on my interview date now. :D

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
I know people, whose process has been lasting over 7 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 6 months.

Neka87

Apr 7, 2016
I'm so sorry to hear about those people. I think they should contact cic. Mine was processed in 6 www even though I have not done my interview yet

Helen8868

May 6, 2016
Neka87 said:
Well to God be the glory. I got my email this morning. My application is complete & has been approved. They advised me to pay my landing fee. I just need to wait on my interview date now. :D
Congratulations! Glory, do you have any dependents? the processing time is six months, right?

Neka87

Apr 7, 2016
Yes the website says 6 months but I know people whose were processed in a week. I have one dependent. My daughter

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
Dear officials, on your official website you have mentioned :