+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Timelines for application for PR under NEW Caring for Children Pathway

Pirike

Aug 10, 2015
Hi there

i just started working as a in home caregiver on a live out basis about a month ago. I have a work permit that is valid for two years. I just need some information about the neccessary working hours that I have to complete to be able to apply for permanent residency under the caring for children pathway. It says at least 24 months full time employment on the CIC's website. Full time means at least 30 hours per week. I'm usually getting 40-50 hours per week currently. My question is: Can the working requirement be completed earlier if I'm making long days with lots of hours? According to the live in caregiver requirements (3.900 hours - about 22 months) or it's a different pathway and it has to be 24 months no matter how many hours I work above 30 per week?
If anyone could share some information with me about this I'd appreciate that.
Thank you.
Piri

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Pirike said:
Hi there

i just started working as a in home caregiver on a live out basis about a month ago. I have a work permit that is valid for two years. I just need some information about the neccessary working hours that I have to complete to be able to apply for permanent residency under the caring for children pathway. It says at least 24 months full time employment on the CIC's website. Full time means at least 30 hours per week. I'm usually getting 40-50 hours per week currently. My question is: Can the working requirement be completed earlier if I'm making long days with lots of hours? According to the live in caregiver requirements (3.900 hours - about 22 months) or it's a different pathway and it has to be 24 months no matter how many hours I work above 30 per week?
If anyone could share some information with me about this I'd appreciate that.
Thank you.
Piri
you are a live out caregiver, it has to be 24 months to apply under caring for children pathway.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Pirike said:
Hi there

If anyone could share some information with me about this I'd appreciate that. In my case I'm even working 44 hours per week but it's not the same with the old rule that if you can complete the 3900 hrs then you will be eligible to apply for PR. I really have to wait for my 24 mos before filing an application. Try to check in cic.gc.ca because everything is written there so that you can get the whole information regarding the qualification and requirements
Thank you.
Piri

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
waiting for almost 20 days...but still dont have any news...
cic officers....please processed my application faster.... :(

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Cass77 said:
waiting for almost 20 days...but still dont have any news...
cic officers....please processed my application faster.... :(
Calm down, there are still 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 that are still waiting. If you are single expect decision made at least 6 mos from the date of your application. 20 days is incomparable to the years of waiting for 2010 applicants

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
mylady833 said:
Calm down, there are still 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 that are still waiting. If you are single expect decision made at least 6 mos from the date of your application. 20 days is incomparable to the years of waiting for 2010 applicants
but of course this is new pathway, a lot big difference from the old caregiver visa application, mostly that filed under this new pathway only waited for just a month even it was said that max time for processing is 6 months. For sure Cass has expected to be the processing will be like of others that filed ahead of her under the new pathway. I'm also following their timeline since Im schedule to file this first week of sept under the said new pathway. new pathway is said to be challenging as it requires additional reports and papers like IELTS, medical for the principal applicant as well as educational assessment. I guess the new pathway applicants deserved what is due to them, as promised by speedy visa approval since they have to meet the additional requirements that's been asked from them.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
espasol said:
but of course this is new pathway, a lot big difference from the old caregiver visa application, mostly that filed under this new pathway only waited for just a month even it was said that max time for processing is 6 months. For sure Cass has expected to be the processing will be like of others that filed ahead of her under the new pathway. I'm also following their timeline since Im schedule to file this first week of sept under the said new pathway. new pathway is said to be challenging as it requires additional reports and papers like IELTS, medical for the principal applicant as well as educational assessment. I guess the new pathway applicants deserved what is due to them, as promised by speedy visa approval since they have to meet the additional requirements that's been asked from them.
I've on somethread about this girl that applied on this new pathway, she had 2 dependents, it took 6months for her application to be completed. 20 days is still too early even if it is on the new pathway.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
mylady833 said:
I've on somethread about this girl that applied on this new pathway, she had 2 dependents, it took 6months for her application to be completed. 20 days is still too early even if it is on the new pathway.
the average processing of what I knew who filed for new pathway is 30 days, first time to know that somebody waited for 6 months, for sure if there's no problem with the papers it will not take long for the decision to be finaliZed. As for Cass, I think it's been only a month since she filed her application, I just hope feedback will be received by September.

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
hi everyone! I'm under the live in caregiver program, can i apply for both live in caregiver program for permanent residency and the new pathway as well?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
themapledreamer said:
hi everyone! I'm under the live in caregiver program, can i apply for both live in caregiver program for permanent residency and the new pathway as well?
Yes you can submit your application for both if you want.

themapledreamer

Aug 6, 2015
mylady833 said:
Yes you can submit your application for both if you want.
thans for the reply. if ever I apply for both, hindi naman po nila i stostop yung application ko under the old rule? baka kasi automatic nila ako i switch sa new rule at hindi na ako ma consider as under the live in caregiver program. thanks po

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
themapledreamer said:
thans for the reply. if ever I apply for both, hindi naman po nila i stostop yung application ko under the old rule? baka kasi automatic nila ako i switch sa new rule at hindi na ako ma consider as under the live in caregiver program. thanks po
could you typed in english?
if you are single, you can submit the 3900 hours to apply pr. I know many single person got her/ his pr in 2-3 months in 2015
if you have family with you, i recommend you to submit your application through new pathway.

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
mylady833 said:
i was applied through the new pathway, the 2010...to 2014 you are said about were the old policy in LCP
I knew many single person who applied PR under new pathway got pr in 1 month.
And right now,I knew many person who is single and applied the LCP got his/ her PR in 2-3 months which usually 1-2 years before. that is why I was soooo worried, cause i am single, I supposed to submit my application in May through the LCP, but I changed my mind to apply in new pathway.
That is really disappointed to me, as we know, you need to pay around $1000 for education assessment and the English test and photos etc..
sighs.....I called CIC, and they said they know NOTHING, that is really confused me, what is the purpose to start a new policy, and why the processing time for application under the new policy is SLOWER than the LCP applications.
sighs............

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
Yes, that is what I knew.. And I think the new pathway applicants deserved to passing through faster than LCP.
But we can see the persons who sharing the timeline with us under LCP, they got pr soooooooooooo fast than us.. Which is unfair, cause they dont need to get Education assessment, the IELTS and also the photos (lcp wants 2 photos which new pathway wants 6 photos) and other things.
Most importantly, we need to take the risk of refusal....
But see what cic did...
put new pathway applications away and processed the LCP applications... that is a huge UNFAIR. :mad:

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
themapledreamer said:
I read before that old LCP can also apply under the new pathway, so it is your option to apply in both, you will only spend more as you will be paying for both application fee. Are you single or married with dependents? Single without dependentd under the old rule can get their PR 6 mos the most. Under the new pathway i dont have any idea for single but i know someone who is married with dependents got hers on 6mos.