+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Timelines for application for PR under NEW Caring for Children Pathway

fortsask

Sep 10, 2015
Cass77 said:
Sep.12 2015-----------Decision Made
I checked the statues just a few minutes ago, it showed that " Decision Made "...

But I did not get any emails about it, and I did not get PPR email either....

Still waiting for cic...

Need to be more patient...
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope you get the email by Monday. I'm very excited for you! Goodluck! :D

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
wow! congratulations in advance. :) I just mailed my application, hope it would be received either tuesday or wednesday :) :) :) the processing took less than 2 months, nice to hear.
Yes, are you a single application without any dependent?
If yes, your processing time would be less than 2 months...
If no, then you need some patient to wait.
but, good luck to you.

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
fortsask said:
I plan to submit my application thru the Caring for Children Pathway Next month. Cass77 is the only one I know who submitted using this specific pathway. Anybody else planning on using this pathway? or have submitted thru the Caring for Children Pathway?
Hi fortsask! I am eligible to file by 3rd week of November under the caring for children pathway, however, I plan to wait until I receive my new/extended work permit. My current work permit under the Live-in Caregiver program is valid only until January 17, 2016. I applied for extension last August 26 and waiting for approximately +/- 109 days processing (as per CIC website). I decided to do this to make sure that my work permit is valid until they finish processing my application under the new pathway which they say is guaranteed 6 mos. do you think I am on the right track? Anyone here who has inputs would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
espasol said:
I will be filing this sept, when did you file, do you have AOR already. If you can call
Me at 647 898 9589. It's my pleasure to exchange conversation with you. Thanks.
Hi espasol! Are you by any chance under the old live-in caregiver program and is planning to apply for PR under the new pathway? Did you have to renew/extend your work permit which was previously for a live-in caregiver job before submitting your application for PR under the new pathway? I am asking because I intend to apply under the caring for children pathway but is unsure on what to do with my work permit. It is supposed to expire on January 2016. I am eligible to apply for PR around 3rd week of November this year. I am worried that before a decision has been made on my PR application my work permit will expire. Would appreciate your input on this. Thank you so much!

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
tabznya said:
Hi espasol! Are you by any chance under the old live-in caregiver program and is planning to apply for PR under the new pathway? Did you have to renew/extend your work permit which was previously for a live-in caregiver job before submitting your application for PR under the new pathway? I am asking because I intend to apply under the caring for children pathway but is unsure on what to do with my work permit. It is supposed to expire on January 2016. I am eligible to apply for PR around 3rd week of November this year. I am worried that before a decision has been made on my PR application my work permit will expire. Would appreciate your input on this. Thank you so much!
my work permit is still valid until next year of august because this is my 2nd employer already. in your case, your work permit should be valid when you file for PR because you will be asked to submit your latest work permit as requirement, so this should be valid.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
I said that before,
I am single and I dont have any dependents with me.
hellow Cass! any feed back from CIC? the last update you gave us was "decision made" any good news? thanks

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
espasol said:
my work permit is still valid until next year of august because this is my 2nd employer already. in your case, your work permit should be valid when you file for PR because you will be asked to submit your latest work permit as requirement, so this should be valid.
So do you suggest that I wait on my new/extended work permit before applying for my PR? I am hoping to have it around mid December (+- 109 days processing according to cic) but I am eligible to apply already by 3rd week of November? Because I am worried that a decision is not available yet by the time my current work permit expires on January if and when processing of my PR application will take the maximum 6 months. By the way I am married, just 1 dependent. Thanks for your prompt reply!

fortsask

Sep 10, 2015
I suggest you submit your PR application on Nov 3rd. Your current work permit is valid. And if your Work permit expires while waiting for the PR result you will have an implied status, but that wont matter because you are expecting a new work permit.

I am also married and with 1 dependent.

Good luck to you! :D

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
fortsask said:
I suggest you submit your PR application on Nov 3rd. Your current work permit is valid. And if your Work permit expires while waiting for the PR result you will have an implied status, but that wont matter because you are expecting a new work permit.

I am also married and with 1 dependent.

Good luck to you! :D
Will I still fall under the implied status? I wasn't sure if that is only applicable for the Live-in Caregiver program.
By the way, are you applying under the new pathway too?

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
tabznya said:
Hi fortsask! I am eligible to file by 3rd week of November under the caring for children pathway, however, I plan to wait until I receive my new/extended work permit. My current work permit under the Live-in Caregiver program is valid only until January 17, 2016. I applied for extension last August 26 and waiting for approximately +/- 109 days processing (as per CIC website). I decided to do this to make sure that my work permit is valid until they finish processing my application under the new pathway which they say is guaranteed 6 mos. do you think I am on the right track? Anyone here who has inputs would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
You know you don't have to do that.
Just submit your pr application and owp application together.
That is fine. Save money

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
hellow Cass! any feed back from CIC? the last update you gave us was "decision made" any good news? thanks
Still waiting for interview letter.
Cic agent said I need to give some patient cause it may take 4-6weeks to have the interview.
So. Just wait ;D

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
tabznya said:
Will I still fall under the implied status? I wasn't sure if that is only applicable for the Live-in Caregiver program.
By the way, are you applying under the new pathway too?
I suggest you submit your pr application and owp application together.
Then you can still work if you did not get the owp and you can change your jib after you have the owp.
That is better for you.
Btw, everyone in this post is applying under new caring for children pathway.