Interview........
TLU on 9th June 2015
Passport Req..
30th September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th October 2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
Good Morning to all the friends in this forum, First of all I want to say my HEARTIEST THANKS TO ASIF and CHERRYDHIMAN for being such a great help. They are the real man. I am so happy and thankful to both of them and I wish that all their dreams should come true.

I am thankful to this forum for being such a great place and to Pipis Husband, nishesh3003 as well.

I have sent my application for FSW 2014 last week. I’ve learned some lessons from my application and the same I want to share with all my friends in this forum so that they all plan their applications accordingly. Please note this is just a PERSONAL OPINION, you please take responsibility of your application.

I’ll go point by point. Let’s start the way document checklist flow:

1.IMM 0008; Generic Form:

Approach: I filled the form long back, 06-14 version but; later refilled it with 07-14 version.

Damage: Last moment delays, forget to keep a copy.

Lesson: Forms to be filled as a last step to ensure that you are using latest. CHECK AND RECHECK AND DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

2.IMM 5669; Schedule A Background Declaration:

Approach: As usual filled the form long back. This form is the most confusing for me as I’ve changed multiple addresses in last 10 years. Damage: Filled it multiple times and found mistakes again and again. Attached additional sheets.

Damage: Could have been devastating. Wasted a lot of time and papers.

Lesson: For all the members of this forum who are having multiple applicants 18+ year old this will be the form where a mistake can occur easily and get passed by undetected. All the time periods and addresses must match with each other and also with your supporting documents e.g. joining letters. Better make an Excel sheet with periods and check and recheck for all the applicants. DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

3.IMM 5562; Supplementary Info Your Travels :

Approach: Printout and then filled by hand as it do not need to be signed.

Damage: None

Lesson: None

4.IMM 0008 – Schedule 3; Economic Classes……..:

Approach: Filled all the details as applicable, listed all the employers and their periods in Q. No. 12 with a note in Job Responsibilities to refer attached Annexure.

Damage: Only Papers

Lesson: Make sure that you list all the duties and as per your respected NOC Code attach additional sheets. DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

5.IMM 5406; Additional Family Information:

Approach: Filled all the details as applicable.

Lesson: Make sure that you write the names in your native language. There was not enough space so I attached additional sheets. DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

As you can see from above there not much to do and you can do the same in a day or two. I recommend to get your forms checked from someone else as its difficult to spot your own mistakes.

Now I’ll come to the most Crucial Part of your application; the supporting documents. They take a lot of time and efforts.

1.Travel Documents and Passports:

Approach: Not Applicable

Lesson: Make sure that you have sufficient validity left in the passports. All passports are recommended to be interconnected. By “Interconnected” I mean to say that Husband’s Passport should have the name of Wife and vice versa. Children Passport to have name of parents and must be same as one of my friends children passport have differences as one child passport has surname while other’s do not. Address is recommended to be same in all of them.

2.IELTS: Nothing special, just attach the ORIGINAL Score Card.

3.Work Experience:

Approach: Arranged the Experience certificates from all past 10 year employers asap but did not check the complete requirements of CIC.

Damage: One of my previous employer issued certificate with only showing my last position, CTC and Period. Wasted one month to get it revised as per CIC requirements.

Lesson: Make sure that you prepare an experience letter as per the CIC checklist and send to your employer. Do not depend on your employer as he is not aware of CIC requirements. All letters if possible recommended being recent. All your time periods and designations should be filled correctly in your Schedule A Background Declaration.

4.Proof of Education:

Approach: Get my ECA done via WES. I get all my mark sheets and degree copies Notary Attested, though not required. Forget to notice that my Secondary and Senior Secondary Certificates have some parts in my native language and needs translation.

Damage: 15 Days

Lesson: Make sure that the ECA is to be sent in original. Check in advance and all the documents in your native language should be translated from a translator fulfilling all the requirements as listed by CIC.

5.Settlement Funds:

Approach: Asked my bank to issue me saving certificates in CAD.

Lesson: Recommended to be issued recently. Do not use old.

6.Identity and Civil Documents:

a.Birth Certificates:

Approach: Used the birth certificates issued by Municipal Corporation without noticing the errors like not having child name or spelling mistakes.

Damage: 1 Month+

Lesson: A compulsory document, make sure that you, your spouse and children birth certificates must show the name of the person, Parents, DOB, POB and there must not be any spelling mistakes. Your children birth certificates must have your and your spouse name written in similar format as in the passports of the children. Check if any birth certificate needs translation.

b.Marriage Certificates:

Approach: Nothing Special,

Lesson: A compulsory document, check for mistakes. In case your spouse’s name is changing by virtue of marriage than get an Affidavit.

7.Police Clearance Certificates:

Approach: Arranged as applicable. But application gets delayed due to various reasons and the PCC was more than 3 months old and as per CIC it should be issued within 3 months of sending the application.

Damage: 1 week

Lesson: It is recommended that you arrange all the docs and make sure that everything is in line with CIC and then get one PCC.

8.Photos: Nothing Special, just follow CIC.

9.Fee Payment: Nothing special. But there is a big flaw in the instructions of CIC. As per checklist the DD should be issued in the name of “Receiver General for Canada” while IMM 5620; Fee Payment Form says that the DD should be issued in the name of “The Receiver General for Canada”. I followed the IMM 5620 and explained it in the cover letter.

I’ve written above based on the personal experience. Please note that I’ve referred only those forms / documents which were applicable to me. I will strongly recommend that you MUST CROSS CHECK ALL THE DOCUMENTS FOR THEIR COMPLETENESS AND THEIR INTERDEPENDENCIES IN TERMS OF INFORMATION AND TIME PERIOD.
I hope above will help many friends to avoid mistakes.

Thanks

Amit

Reactions: Beenish_j

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
amit.synergy said:
Good Morning to all the friends in this forum, First of all I want to say my HEARTIEST THANKS TO ASIF and CHERRYDHIMAN for being such a great help. They are the real man. I am so happy and thankful to both of them and I wish that all their dreams should come true.

I am thankful to this forum for being such a great place and to Pipis Husband, nishesh3003 as well.

I have sent my application for FSW 2014 last week. I've learned some lessons from my application and the same I want to share with all my friends in this forum so that they all plan their applications accordingly. Please note this is just a PERSONAL OPINION, you please take responsibility of your application.

I'll go point by point. Let's start the way document checklist flow:

1.IMM 0008; Generic Form:

Approach: I filled the form long back, 06-14 version but; later refilled it with 07-14 version.

Damage: Last moment delays, forget to keep a copy.

Lesson: Forms to be filled as a last step to ensure that you are using latest. CHECK AND RECHECK AND DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

2.IMM 5669; Schedule A Background Declaration:

Approach: As usual filled the form long back. This form is the most confusing for me as I've changed multiple addresses in last 10 years. Damage: Filled it multiple times and found mistakes again and again. Attached additional sheets.

Damage: Could have been devastating. Wasted a lot of time and papers.

Lesson: For all the members of this forum who are having multiple applicants 18+ year old this will be the form where a mistake can occur easily and get passed by undetected. All the time periods and addresses must match with each other and also with your supporting documents e.g. joining letters. Better make an Excel sheet with periods and check and recheck for all the applicants. DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

3.IMM 5562; Supplementary Info Your Travels :

Approach: Printout and then filled by hand as it do not need to be signed.

Lesson: None

4.IMM 0008 – Schedule 3; Economic Classes........:

Approach: Filled all the details as applicable, listed all the employers and their periods in Q. No. 12 with a note in Job Responsibilities to refer attached Annexure.

Damage: Only Papers

Lesson: Make sure that you list all the duties and as per your respected NOC Code attach additional sheets. DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

5.IMM 5406; Additional Family Information:

Approach: Filled all the details as applicable.

Lesson: Make sure that you write the names in your native language. There was not enough space so I attached additional sheets. DO NOT FORGET TO DATE AND SIGN THE FORM.

As you can see from above there not much to do and you can do the same in a day or two. I recommend to get your forms checked from someone else as its difficult to spot your own mistakes.

Now I'll come to the most Crucial Part of your application; the supporting documents. They take a lot of time and efforts.

1.Travel Documents and Passports:

Approach: Not Applicable

Lesson: Make sure that you have sufficient validity left in the passports. All passports are recommended to be interconnected. By “Interconnected” I mean to say that Husband's Passport should have the name of Wife and vice versa. Children Passport to have name of parents and must be same as one of my friends children passport have differences as one child passport has surname while other's do not. Address is recommended to be same in all of them.

2.IELTS: Nothing special, just attach the ORIGINAL Score Card.

3.Work Experience:

Approach: Arranged the Experience certificates from all past 10 year employers asap but did not check the complete requirements of CIC.

Damage: One of my previous employer issued certificate with only showing my last position, CTC and Period. Wasted one month to get it revised as per CIC requirements.

Lesson: Make sure that you prepare an experience letter as per the CIC checklist and send to your employer. Do not depend on your employer as he is not aware of CIC requirements. All letters if possible recommended being recent. All your time periods and designations should be filled correctly in your Schedule A Background Declaration.

4.Proof of Education:

Approach: Get my ECA done via WES. I get all my mark sheets and degree copies Notary Attested, though not required. Forget to notice that my Secondary and Senior Secondary Certificates have some parts in my native language and needs translation.

Damage: 15 Days

Lesson: Make sure that the ECA is to be sent in original. Check in advance and all the documents in your native language should be translated from a translator fulfilling all the requirements as listed by CIC.

5.Settlement Funds:

Approach: Asked my bank to issue me saving certificates in CAD.

Lesson: Recommended to be issued recently. Do not use old.

6.Identity and Civil Documents:

a.Birth Certificates:

Approach: Used the birth certificates issued by Municipal Corporation without noticing the errors like not having child name or spelling mistakes.

Damage: 1 Month+

Lesson: A compulsory document, make sure that you, your spouse and children birth certificates must show the name of the person, Parents, DOB, POB and there must not be any spelling mistakes. Your children birth certificates must have your and your spouse name written in similar format as in the passports of the children. Check if any birth certificate needs translation.

b.Marriage Certificates:

Approach: Nothing Special,

Lesson: A compulsory document, check for mistakes. In case your spouse's name is changing by virtue of marriage than get an Affidavit.

7.Police Clearance Certificates:

Approach: Arranged as applicable. But application gets delayed due to various reasons and the PCC was more than 3 months old and as per CIC it should be issued within 3 months of sending the application.

Damage: 1 week

Lesson: It is recommended that you arrange all the docs and make sure that everything is in line with CIC and then get one PCC.

8.Photos: Nothing Special, just follow CIC.

9.Fee Payment: Nothing special. But there is a big flaw in the instructions of CIC. As per checklist the DD should be issued in the name of “Receiver General for Canada” while IMM 5620; Fee Payment Form says that the DD should be issued in the name of “The Receiver General for Canada”. I followed the IMM 5620 and explained it in the cover letter.

I've written above based on the personal experience. Please note that I've referred only those forms / documents which were applicable to me. I will strongly recommend that you MUST CROSS CHECK ALL THE DOCUMENTS FOR THEIR COMPLETENESS AND THEIR INTERDEPENDENCIES IN TERMS OF INFORMATION AND TIME PERIOD.
I hope above will help many friends to avoid mistakes.

Thanks

Amit
Thanks Amit for ur valuable guidance..
Certain things to confirm ..

1 For police certificates .. do i need to get for my spouse as welll?
2. For educational documents, after getting WEs evaluation do we still need to send documents alongwith application and if all documents are in english,, do we still need to get it certified ..
3- Also other documents which are needed to be sent alongwith application Lke ID Card etc . do we still need to get it Certified...

Regards

amit.synergy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7th November 2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 5th March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR - 15th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
-------
Med's Request
19th May 2015
Med's Done....
28th May 2015
Interview........
TLU on 9th June 2015
Passport Req..
30th September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th October 2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
Yes for all applicants 18+ years
2. For educational documents, after getting WEs evaluation do we still need to send documents alongwith application and if all documents are in english,, do we still need to get it certified ..
Yes you need to send the copies of degrees / mark sheets / certificates. If all in english than no need to get them certified.
3- Also other documents which are needed to be sent alongwith application Lke ID Card etc . do we still need to get it Certified...
No, you may get them notarized if you wish, If "Certified" means certified translation than only for the docs in native language.

rohitcan

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Docs Reached 26 May 2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015/TLU - 20 May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR 12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
Thanks a lot Amit , for sharing such wonderful info.

sheena1983

Star Member
Nov 8, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER 03-03-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
File Transfer...
16-04-2015 (SLU 22-05-2015)
Med's Request
06-08-2015 (meds + RPRF)
Med's Done....
12-08-2015(No TLU yet)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
07/10/2015 - eeehaaaaa
LANDED..........
planning planning n lots of planning going on
My birth certificate was in native language....
I went to lawyer - took 100 rs affidavit....
translated it with lawyer's help.
attested, signed, stamped......+ added copy of original one with true copy attestation

will it be acceptable ???
or do we have to have it done from certified translator or something???

amit.synergy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7th November 2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER - 5th March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR - 15th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
-------
Med's Request
19th May 2015
Med's Done....
28th May 2015
Interview........
TLU on 9th June 2015
Passport Req..
30th September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th October 2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
Hi Sheena,

I do not know what your lawyer actually did. I get in touch of certified translator from Canada and they asked for around 40$ a page :eek: :eek:... so i get it translated from one of the translator in delhi, he was quick and he know the process. In case you need to know his contact details, PM me.

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks amit... Brilliant article.. very helpful..

One question: I have kid 2 years old, do I have to file for him as well.. I mean do I just have to pay $150 for him and send the birth certificate to CIC. Right? or do I have to do anything else.

Many Thanks

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
amit.synergy said:
Yes for all applicants 18+ years
Yes you need to send the copies of degrees / mark sheets / certificates. If all in english than no need to get them certified.
No, you may get them notarized if you wish, If "Certified" means certified translation than only for the docs in native language.
Amit, you rock. A very handy guidance from you. +1 for you.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
anant_9sept said:
Thanks amit... Brilliant article.. very helpful..

One question: I have kid 2 years old, do I have to file for him as well.. I mean do I just have to pay $150 for him and send the birth certificate to CIC. Right? or do I have to do anything else.

Many Thanks
Yes, of course. You will need to include the kid as your dependent and provide everything that is asked of a dependent less than 18 years of age. That includes the birth certificate, passport (if available), photos, application fee, and his/her information in the appropriate fields in the application form.

Puneet4111

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
Hello everyone,

I may be off topic here but I do have a genuine question. I sent my pr application for pnp a few days ago and I found out that I forgot to mention the date of my last entry to Canada. I dont know if its a big mistake or not but I am kinda nervous. Can anyone tell me whats gonna happen?

Thanks

msunithagrace

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO now colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged - 28th jan
Nomination.....
PER - 24th Feb
AOR Received.
31st March
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Colombo VO
Med's Request
RPRF- 16 sep MEDS 17 -sep
Med's Done....
21 sep
Amit,'
'
My spouses birth certificate did not have name but i am the principal applicant but i have attached his 10th mark sheets which has the DOB mentioned will it help? I already sent the application. Wht to do in this regard? Please help!

Thanks!
Sunitha

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
Is that mandatory to request Fixed deposits in Canadian dollars, I have submitted in INR only..