Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You didn't have a choice in being removed from Canada, that is something you have to make clear. Of course, you were a minor, so it's unlikely anyone asked your opinion, but it's always good to make that clear. (I wanted to go to a different HS from the one I was sent to at age 11, but my parents were willing to compromise when they saw how badly I wanted to go that particular school, and asked me to wait until I was at least 14 before transferring as it meant living away from home. My point with this personal example is that sometimes parents do take a child's opinion into consideration, so you want to make it clear that no-one ever asked you about leaving Canada, if that was the case with your parents.)

It's not about feeling sorry, or laying blame, the point of the letter is to make it clear that you didn't have a choice then, but you have a choice now and what you want more than anything is to come back to Canada, to attend school in Canada, and reside in Canada, so you want them to look favourably and compassionately on the request, in spite of the fact that you are not in compliance with the residency obligation.

It might work to your favour to point out that you didn't apply to go to school anywhere else except in Canada, because this is where you want to be. So, in your case, I would mention that. Point out that had you remained in Canada, you would not now need to contemplate the possibility that you either can't attend the university of your choice, or that if you do attend it you will have to pay the fees of an international student when you might have been entitled to pay the fees of a Canadian resident, through someone else's decision and choices. This could negatively impact your future plans and your financial planning strategies, and this creates additional stress.

Show all the consequences your parents' decisions have had, and continue to have, on you. They need to be solid, tangible consequences like those mentioned above, not trivialities. H&C is about undeserved hardship, not just hardship in general. The Officer evaluating your application needs to be moved to want to relieve your circumstances, not just feel sorry for you.

aaront

Jan 5, 2014
All right last question I promise :p So I should mention that the reason why I haven't met my RO is because I was removed from Canada as a minor, that's the point we were discussing here right? I mean should I mention I haven't met the RO? or I mean is that already figured out in the application cause I don't wanna like stress on the fact I didn't meet my RO so like I shouldn't mention it in my letter??
and do I have to use the TD from the country it was issued from? Like can I travel to another country and go to Canada from there? or should it be from the country it was issued from?

once more thank you so much for all the help :D im so glad you talked to me :))) thank you

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yes, definitely you should mention that you were removed as a minor and that is why you haven't met your RO. You need a TD in order to return to Canada because you don't have a PR card, but because you haven't met your RO, you are not entitled to get a TD.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For a TD application you have to fill out your address history so it will become apparent that you did not meet the RO. You should say that you were removed from Canada as a minor through no fault of your own and that now that you are 18, you want to return and settle. You have a fairly good chance to get a TD with that reason.

It is a common reason for a TD and immigration understands that you did not decide for your parents where they would live and you could not have stayed in Canada by yourself at age 10.

aaront

Jan 5, 2014
@Leon, @CharlieD10 Again thank you both so much for all your help, you guys are life saviors, I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens in regards to my TD. Thank you :D

aaront

Jan 5, 2014
UPDATE:

I have successfully received my PRTD!!!! Well a Visa for Permanent Residents that allows me to return to Canada!
Thank you so much for all the help! It was greatly appreciated! :D I am so grateful!